Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Very nice. This team has already submitted more strong efforts than the last two years combined.
    "Good effort this weekend"? "Very Nice"? I say H yeah, That's what I'm talking about! BU is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I'm not sure what this means considering Hutsko didn't play but congratulations on the victory. Is that what you were looking for? BU has a good team. Now get to the 13 game mark.
      lol you really wanna compare who didn't play? Take Knight out of your lineup then we can chat.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• As stated before - BU is a much better team than BC. This team plays for each other and it’s great to see. Blocking shots, unselfish, no primadonnas or one and dones and it shows.

Comment

• That was an impressive weekend for the Terriers. Damn impressive.

Here's hoping there's a hockey season to finish, because this team looks legit.

BU Hockey: Back On Track
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Defense looked great today. Kept BC to outside whole third (besides Newhook's 1 on 0). Duplessis was able to see mostly everything. Lot more confidence in this years netminders than last season. Wonder if there will be a weekday game soon.

Comment

• I haven’t caught as many games as some of you but this freshman class seems to have adapted to the college game quicker than some previous ones and they’ve generally played smart hockey (exception: that cross- check by Webber. Yikes). I doubt there is one-and-done in this group and they are playing like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                I haven’t caught as many games as some of you but this freshman class seems to have adapted to the college game quicker than some previous ones and they’ve generally played smart hockey (exception: that cross- check by Webber. Yikes). I doubt there is one-and-done in this group and they are playing like it.
                Sizewise 6'2 or above (except Zabaneh) with is one of the biggest reasons why they seem comfortable. None are flashy and play the right way.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                  I haven’t caught as many games as some of you but this freshman class seems to have adapted to the college game quicker than some previous ones and they’ve generally played smart hockey (exception: that cross- check by Webber. Yikes). I doubt there is one-and-done in this group and they are playing like it.
                  There definitely isn't a one-and-doner in the group. Easy to imagine the majority of this group staying 3 years. Every one of them is a contributor and that's what's making the team perform so well - all 18 skaters are skilled contributors.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I know a good team when I see one and truly was impressed with BU when they played Maine. May they stay Covid free the rest of the way. BU being good again would be such a lift for the league.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Just a very impressive effort this weekend, to take 4 of 6 points despite missing 6 regulars, including the goalie and the Hobey finalist. Duplisses was outstanding, congrats to him on a very memorable debut. I guess this team just likes to get outshot - they have been every game and yet they are 6-2.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        The 3-2 win for BU was Jack Parker's 700th. IIRC, Zanacaro's unassisted game-winner came on a breakaway when the puck skipped over a BC defenseman's stick at the point.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Was anyone else reminded of backup Stephan Siwiec’s performance against top-ranked BC in the 1st round of the 2005 Beanpot? Did Bernie mention it, by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                            As stated before - BU is a much better team than BC. This team plays for each other and it’s great to see. Blocking shots, unselfish, no primadonnas or one and dones and it shows.
                            Dude, you're out of your mind if you think BU is a "much better" team. Lose the hyperbole. You won a game being outshot 41-23. Congrats. I hope they meet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

lol you really wanna compare who didn't play? Take Knight out of your lineup then we can chat.
                              Nope, my point was I would like to see what BC looks like with both of those guys playing because it hasn't happened all season. I didn't mean just this weekend. But if you would like me to crown BU after this weekend, fire up the Dennis Green press conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Dude, you're out of your mind if you think BU is a "much better" team. Lose the hyperbole. You won a game being outshot 41-23. Congrats. I hope they meet again.
                                As a BU fan, I agree. I'm not saying I am not impressed with BU, but I cannot say they are a better team than BC YET. We were missing some bodies but I am still waiting for BU to dominate games. The only game we have dominated was Maine game 2. When BU and BC have healthy lineups the games will be just like this series, tight. I am looking forward to BU versus NU and Uconn series' because I feel those could be just as tough. I just want to see BU dominate some games offensively before I can compare them to BC. Not trying to take anything away from the weekend but still got a long road to qualify for the tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X