Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see more than 22 combined games between two teams before making judgments on who is better than whom. In a normal year, this amount of games would still be the early season.

That said, I thought BU played very well last night, especially with the players they were missing.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Has the NCAA decided upon a format? Will there be a postseason tournament?
      No format announced yet. I have been listening to CHN podcast where they have been tossing around ideas. The women's tournament announced it will all be in Erie, PA. The men's bball tournament all in state of Indiana. It has been stated that the committee still wants to do the 4 regionals but Manchester has already dropped out.

At least cases are dropping in MA. With vaccine in circulation i think there will definitely be some kind of tournament. But if i had to bet, I think we get to a point where we have two regional sites instead of 4. With the Ivies not playing i was curious if we would see a 12 team field this year.

As for selection process, if you want to take things out of the hands of a committee that has no non league games to evaluate maybe the best approach is to give each league a certain # of slots and tell the leagues to figure out how to select their teams. It's getting kinda late in the game, would be nice to hear something.

Just as an example, to me the ECAC deserves only one slot. If you want to factor in historical data (which has been mentioned), maybe Atlantic Hockey gets 1-2 since they at least have 11 teams playing. Maybe the WCHA gets 2 bids. And so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Helluva game between two top notch teams. Great entertainment on a winter evening. With that said, brutal coverage on the winner. But that's what 3 on 3 comes down to.
        BC won; BU got a point. There are no moral victories.

BC is loaded with talent and has a great goalie. BU was missing key players, but let's give those that played credit for stepping up. The fourth line, in particular, stepped up - and who knows if any or all of them would have played had BU been at full strength.

If it comes down to a 3-on-3 overtime, I want Farrance.

Comment

• I'll take Helleson

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            I'll take Helleson
            Cool, he made a great move.

Farrance is just about the most valuable 3 on 3 player in the country.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• When was BCs last visit to WBA? I’d love to find that old box score. Gotta think that’s out in Kelleher/MattiK era BC.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Trying to watch on Sports Live stinks. The video goes off after a minute on my computer, telling me they are experiencing video difficulties. But I can watch it on my phone. Very strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  When was BCs last visit to WBA? I’d love to find that old box score. Gotta think that’s out in Kelleher/MattiK era BC.
                  https://stats.bceagles.com/sports/m-...5/1203-bu.html

Found it. 12/3/2004.
                  Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-06-2021, 06:36 PM.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• mookie don’t mind waking up middle of the night for that...
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• What an effort this weekend-

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        When was BCs last visit to WBA? I’d love to find that old box score. Gotta think that’s out in Kelleher/MattiK era BC.
                        I wish tonight's game was at Agganis

Comment

• Very nice. This team has already submitted more strong efforts than the last two years combined.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I'd like to see BC play one game with both Newhook and Hutsko before I declare BU the best team in Hockey East because of a gutsy overtime loss.
                            So how's it goin
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

So how's it goin
                              I'm not sure what this means considering Hutsko didn't play but congratulations on the victory. Is that what you were looking for? BU has a good team. Now get to the 13 game mark.

Comment

• Good rebound by BU they capitalize on BC mistakes though outshot 41-23

Even the BU announcers observe BC does the same thing on the PP, they stay too high and predictable
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X