Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see BC play one game with both Newhook and Hutsko before I declare BU the best team in Hockey East because of a gutsy overtime loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Better than BC? Ok.
      BC isn’t the best team in the country. They are good but not great. BU with their full roster is better than BC.

Comment

• I didn't say BC was best team in the country but they also haven't played with both Hutsko and Newhook yet. So they haven't even come close to their best hockey yet and are still 11-2-1. So ya, I am not crowning BU the best team in the league because of tonight's overtime loss.

Comment

I'd like to see BC play one game with both Newhook and Hutsko before I declare BU the best team in Hockey East because of a gutsy overtime loss.
          I'd like to see BU play a game against BC with Farrance, Commesso, Cockerill, Phillips, Wise, and Amonte before I declare BC the best team in Hockey East in spite of squeaking by BU without all of those players.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Am I the only BU fan whose upset with the way that game ended? 64 minutes and 52 seconds of effort is enough... BU Hockey: 5 wins, 2 losses, 1 moral victory. Yipee!!!!!!! Let's buy them some participation trophies while we're at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I'd like to see BU play a game against BC with Farrance, Commesso, Cockerill, Phillips, Wise, and Amonte before I declare BC the best team in Hockey East in spite of squeaking by BU without all of those players.
              Go right ahead. These games are almost always a coin flip regardless of who the better team is anyway. I just think asserting BU is better because of this one game is dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbz View Post
                Am I the only BU fan whose upset with the way that game ended? 64 minutes and 52 seconds of effort is enough... BU Hockey: 5 wins, 2 losses, 1 moral victory. Yipee!!!!!!! Let's buy them some participation trophies while we're at it.
                Agreed. They exceeded my game expectations (due to players out) but terrible defense on the last goal and we basically gave BC their third goal. Disappointing result because first two periods I thought we played better than BC. BC had more pressure in 3rd. Hopefully we take 3 points tomorrow because 1/6 points won't help much.

Comment

Better than BC? Ok.
                  Give us our goalie back and we win that game!

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post

Give us our goalie back and we win that game!
                    Ha, it's that simple? And it's still only one game. Let's see if BU can actually beat BC tonight. Maybe we'll see a rematch deep in the HE tournament where both teams are at full strength. 6 more games for BU to become eligible for NCAAs. Depending on how they format that, good chance they could play again in the regionals.

Comment

• My competing perspectives on the game:
                      - Frustrated! We were one second away from earning an official road tie agains the #1 ranked team. Fensore has to know what Helleson is thinking - not enough time to get caught deep, so I am going for it. All he had to do was prevent him from getting to the net. Our odds in a shootout were probably 10%, but again, it would have counted as a tie.
                      - Impressed - what a gutsy game from a team that was crazy shorthanded. The 4th line was wreaking chaos on the forecheck. Another strong game from Zabaneh. Abel played better than I expected.

If nothing else, they got another game in, generally impressed me, and showed they are worthy of being in contention for an NCAA spot (provided they can get in enough games).

Unfortunately, now the game shifts to BU, where it seems like BC has won every year since HAA opened.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Helluva game between two top notch teams. Great entertainment on a winter evening. With that said, brutal coverage on the winner. But that's what 3 on 3 comes down to.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Ha, it's that simple? And it's still only one game. Let's see if BU can actually beat BC tonight. Maybe we'll see a rematch deep in the HE tournament where both teams are at full strength. 6 more games for BU to become eligible for NCAAs. Depending on how they format that, good chance they could play again in the regionals.
                          It's that simple!

Comment

Has the NCAA decided upon a format? Will there be a postseason tournament?

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• I'd like to have a dollar for every goal scored by BU opponents over the past few years off faceoffs. Win the draw, pass the puck back to the point, shoot, score. Or a variant, in which the puck is cycled to the other point, shot, score. See what I did there...variant?
                              Last edited by buoldtimer; 02-06-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• BU's forecheck bothered BC all night, it eas effective in slowing them down. Agreed BU is better than last year for sure and Farrance and Cockerill left big holes but at the same time they did not generate a lot of high quality chances and when they did Knight was there. What an ending typical for these games. Throw the 3 on 3 over the side, it is produces results but it is all about puck possession and circling in the neutral zone and then attacking. There are more ties with 5 on 5 but it is better hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X