Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Do we know that the team is actually off pause? Haven't seen any formal communication.
    HE announced weekend schedule. BU has a home and home with BC. Friday at Conte, Saturday at WBA. Both are 7 p.m. starts. Friday game is on NESN+
    https://goterriers.com/news/2021/2/2...s-weekend.aspx
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
      Remember when it was making sure the hospital systems don’t get overwhelmed.

Right now there are not hospital systems overwhelmed anywhere. Maybe in a few parts of CA.

Now it’s about “Cases.” Healthy people with no symptoms having to pretend they are sick.

And so much for a once in a century pandemic. The death rate per 100,000 was the same in 2020 as it was in 2005.
      Darwin will be watching YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

HE announced weekend schedule. BU has a home and home with BC. Friday at Conte, Saturday at WBA. Both are 7 p.m. starts. Friday game is on NESN+
        https://goterriers.com/news/2021/2/2...s-weekend.aspx
        LOL

WBA without the noise and fans )
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Topic - so here's a question. We've had discussions on this board in the past about how the Super Bowl the night before Beanpot Monday has had an adverse effect on the popularity of the tournament - attendance, potential parades conflicting with taking time off for the games, etc. This year, though, the Super Bowl is the day before the championship game. Would that have made any difference this year if COVID wasn't an issue?
          Now that the patsies will not visit a sb ever again, this shouldn’t be an issue

;^)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• True that, mookie.

So, I just watched a segment on NECN this morning featuring Billy Baker, a writer at the Boston Globe who wrote a book on how important male friendships are, blah blah blah. Is that....former Terrier hockey player Billy Baker? It looked like him.

Comment

Topic - so here's a question. We've had discussions on this board in the past about how the Super Bowl the night before Beanpot Monday has had an adverse effect on the popularity of the tournament - attendance, potential parades conflicting with taking time off for the games, etc. This year, though, the Super Bowl is the day before the championship game. Would that have made any difference this year if COVID wasn't an issue?
              Here is the link to my Beanpot attendance google sheet. Not only does there appear to be little correlation between the Superbowl and Beanpot attendance, the only two times since 1985 the Superbowl was before the championship game appears to have had no effect on attendance.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• I'm not falling for the BU-BC Charlie Brown football again. I'll get excited when I turn on NESN at 7pm on Friday and there is one hockey team in red and another in white (or baby poop).

BU Hockey: One Hour at a Time.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

True that, mookie.

So, I just watched a segment on NECN this morning featuring Billy Baker, a writer at the Boston Globe who wrote a book on how important male friendships are, blah blah blah. Is that....former Terrier hockey player Billy Baker? It looked like him.
                  I don't recall a BU player named Billy Baker. Jack Baker, yes.

According to his bio, Billy Baker is a graduate of Tulane and the Columbia School of Journalism.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

According to his bio, Billy Baker is a graduate of Tulane and the Columbia School of Journalism.
                    So, not the Bill Baker from the 1980 Olympic Team. Scored the last minute goal to tie Sweden in the opener. Believe he became an oral surgeon.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Do we know that the team is actually off pause? Haven't seen any formal communication.
                      Maybe Bernie will mention it during Friday's broadcast kind of like he's mentioned that Walter Brown Arena is the home of the Terriers this season (without mentioning why it's not Agganis) and that the UMaine men's team is playing only road games this season (but not why). Here's a question, if one player is trying to win the faceoff backwards and the other is trying to win it forward, how do you know who wins the faceoff?

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

OMG, what am I thinking??? Wait - his dad was named Billy. Arrghh. I think I'm starting to have senior moments. ::head desk::

Comment

• Originally posted by kbz View Post

Maybe Bernie will mention it during Friday's broadcast kind of like he's mentioned that Walter Brown Arena is the home of the Terriers this season (without mentioning why it's not Agganis) and that the UMaine men's team is playing only road games this season (but not why). Here's a question, if one player is trying to win the faceoff backwards and the other is trying to win it forward, how do you know who wins the faceoff?
                          I think your question may be in jest, perhaps a topic of discussion between Bernie and Mark on the broadcast since you were referencing them. But if you are serious, I assume it is whichever team gains possession. It is pretty rare that a team wants to give up possession on a draw. I can think of two examples: 1) purposefully pushing forward hard enough off the draw to clear the zone while shorthanded (or if there are just seconds left in the game/period); 2) The shot-on-goal faceoff approach (Adam Oates for the Bruins against Buffalo I think?, Chris Drury for BU against NU in 95-96). If you score in that scenario, I assume you are also given the face-off win. If you don't, but the goalie freezes the save, hmmm. Anyone know an official scorer?
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            I'm not falling for the BU-BC Charlie Brown football again. I'll get excited when I turn on NESN at 7pm on Friday and there is one hockey team in red and another in white (or baby poop).

BU Hockey: One Hour at a Time.
                            Already had a scare a few minutes ago with the schedule update. I saw BU-BC in the release and my heart sank, but then saw it is the women. And sounds like the issue is BC, not BU women, since BUWIH will now play Merrimack.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• I assume this type of post is allowed.

Not hockey related, but definitely BU related... keep Tunji in your prayers:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tunji-awo...ource=customer
                              Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-03-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Commesso-Farance-Cockeril all out tonight
                                Too bad

Comment

Working...
                                X