Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or am I reading that wrong?

Comment

• I was wondering if this would happen after Maine put their program on pause earlier in the week. Not sure if it's related.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Or am I reading that wrong?
        It does not matter how you are reading it. BU decided the most prudent action is to go on pause based on the information they have (of which they have no obligation to share with you).

Comment

• Lol ok buddy. Just call it a season already.

Comment

• Through the end of the month. That's what, 4 days? If it only ends up being that long, we should be fine, and maybe even better off in the long run. I was looking forward to the games against BC for sure, but hopefully we can still get them in before long.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Through the end of the month. That's what, 4 days? If it only ends up being that long, we should be fine, and maybe even better off in the long run. I was looking forward to the games against BC for sure, but hopefully we can still get them in before long.
              Given how these things usually go, a 4 day pause would seem highly unlikely and really kind of odd if you just decided to pause athletics for 4 days when it's not even clear if any teams have been impacted.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Given how these things usually go, a 4 day pause would seem highly unlikely and really kind of odd if you just decided to pause athletics for 4 days when it's not even clear if any teams have been impacted.
                Their reasoning is students recently moved back on campus and more than expected tested positive. They now have the highest number of students in quarantine housing they've had all year.

Apparently the university health staff said the university is at risk of an outbreak. No indication athletes tested positive.

The reasoning is a tad opaque, but not the worst.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I heard from a source in the Maine program that several hockey players have tested positive early this week. Maine played BU this weekend so maybe BU is being cautious and awaiting a clean week of test results for their players before playing this week?

Comment

• BU's COVID dashboard can be found here: https://www.bu.edu/healthway/community-dashboard/

Out of 14,661 students that were tested over the past 7 days, 0.71% of those students tested positive. 116 students are currently in isolation, which is the most they have had.

BU's 1st day of classes was on Monday, with return/move-in to campus was distributed over the prior 2 weeks. If scrolling to the Daily Positive Test Results chart, the recent trend of positive tests on the BU campus is comparably high to when the hockey program went on pause following Thanksgiving and thru the end of Fall semester.

Comment

• Everything sucks.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bomber View Post
                        everything sucks.
                        sux2bu. ;-)
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Geez Louise already
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            Out of 14,661 students that were tested over the past 7 days, 0.71% of those students tested positive.
                            0.71% is far better than the general population.

Comment

• So instead of playing these games, the players are doing what exactly? Sit in their rooms and stare at the walls? #NotLikely

Let's go at this another way: So no positive cases on the team. What's the risk of playing these games? Is the thinking that since there is a tick-up in cases on campus, these guys are going to class and therefore risk is increased, so ... Aren't they tested? I'm just trying to understand the science here.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Anyone else receive a fan survival kit in the mail today? :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X