Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post

Nailed it.

Watched it on College Sports Live through a Silk browser on an Amazon Fire Stick. Glad to watch BU on the big screen.

But the Stadium app from last year was easier.
    This is like a foreign language. What is a Silk browser? I have a MacBook and AppleTV and could not watch on my TV. Why? That said, the video quality on College Sports Live on my MacBook was really good.

Comment

• I went old fashioned and used an HDMI to get the picture from my laptop onto the big screen. The broadcast was improved over game 1, but the camera operator still struggled to follow the play at times, including the pass to Farrance in OT. And the replays left a lot to be desired.

- Hope Cockerill is ok. We of course couldn't see the replay.
      - Nice to see the three big/good freshmen forwards all get on the scoresheet - Peterson, Tuch, and Zabaneh.
      - Webber has settled in, looking better with each game. Campolieto struggled at times, often banking at a bad angle on clearing attempts.
      - I hope BU gets enough games in for Farrance to be considered a legit Hobey candidate again.
      - Commesso is definitely key to this season. Hopefully we can get some games where we outshoot the competition so we don't have to rely on him so much.
      - How about Quercia showing mack-truck speed on three occasions? He's not quick, but boy, when he has the opportunity to pick up speed in the neutral zone, look out. I believe he drew 2 penalties on those plays.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Killing time before the game starts, looked at the recruits on the Fan Blog. I see five d-men coming in next year: Schmidt, Legault, Carrabes, Doyle, and Hutson. Farrance and Campolieto are the only seniors on a team that already has a couple spares (once MCarthy is back in the line-up). It seems there will have to be a couple deferrals at least, no? And I think Dolye already deferred.
        Doyle, Schmidt, Legault are the defensemen coming in next year. Carrabes is a forward and hutson (the brother that plays defense) is coming in year after. Would not be surprised if Vlasic leaves (don't think he's NHL ready at all, but I think he'll leave) on top of the two senior defensemen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

This is like a foreign language. What is a Silk browser? I have a MacBook and AppleTV and could not watch on my TV. Why? That said, the video quality on College Sports Live on my MacBook was really good.
          Hey Cindy,

A Silk browser is a way to access the internet via a Fire Stick. Through the Silk Browser, went into goterriers.com and clicked on the "watch live" icon, just like you would to view on your (or my) Macbook.

Not sure if Apple TV has a way to access a webbrowser. Safari or Firefox? Sure someone here can help. Sorry!

Comment

• First really good goalie we've had in years but he is getting hung out to dry way too much. Look at the shot totals and for us to win a game getting outshot 3-1 isn't going to last. We need to learn to get out of our zone much quicker. Interesting how Grezlyck, an undersized defenseman can move his feet and make quick passes out of the zone. I also found it interesting that the broadcast continues to feature the tribute to Jack Kelly whose focus, according to Parker, was "outwork the other guys" We need a much bigger dose of that!

Comment

• mookie may have to rethink his viewing.

turned on last night with the terriors up 1-0. Then went to bed at the end of the 2nd period..
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                - Nice to see the three big/good freshmen forwards all get on the scoresheet - Peterson, Tuch, and Zabaneh.
                - I hope BU gets enough games in for Farrance to be considered a legit Hobey candidate again.
                The other newcomer at forward, O'Brien, has been on the scoresheet three of four games. His and the freshmen's contributions will be critical with several veteran forwards out.

While Farrance's offensive skills are obviously elite and his defense has steadily improved, he needs to eliminate casual efforts in the d-zone; it clearly contributed to UMass's 2nd goal. I'd imagine Albie will make that point after viewing the video, if he hasn't already.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post
                  Doyle, Schmidt, Legault are the defensemen coming in next year. Carrabes is a forward and hutson (the brother that plays defense) is coming in year after. Would not be surprised if Vlasic leaves (don't think he's NHL ready at all, but I think he'll leave) on top of the two senior defensemen.

Legault, whose father, Alex, played for BU’s ‘90 and ‘91 teams with Amonte and McEachern, recently left the BCHL, whose regular season has been delayed. Now skating with the USHL Lincoln Stars. He had played in a two-month pre-season tournament that ended in mid-November, as did forward Quinn Hutson, now with Muskegon.

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post

Why? What information do you have to believe that Vlasic would leave? He has yet to prove anything at this level.

The thing I hate most about these forums is posts about players leaving early, particularly without any evidence.

Farrance came back. Maybe a good thing he doesn't read these pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Why? What information do you have to believe that Vlasic would leave? He has yet to prove anything at this level.

The thing I hate most about these forums is posts about players leaving early, particularly without any evidence.

Farrance came back. Maybe a good thing he doesn't read these pages.
                      Before coming to BU he said he anticipates being here for 2 years. I don't think he's ready at all but some kids are focused just signing their contract. This is why I would not be suprised if he leaves. I don't anticipate him to sign but who the hell knows with some players. Heres the link http://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/six-...-overall-pick/ THE EVIDENCE!!!

Comment

• What happened to Amonte?? Assuming he got injured in practice as I didn't see anything in the game against Providence that would lead to a season-ending injury. That kid can't catch a break.

Comment

• Coach said Ty might be done for the year.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Saturday's game moved to 1:00pm. Thought it was because of TV, like, they'd be on TV instead of just the stream, but that does not appear to be the case.

Comment

• McCarthy returns, but Cockerill, Wise and Phillips remain out. Quercia moves up to the first line.
                              Looking for another step forward, not backward. Expecting a physical game.

Comment

• Well alrighty then! Kinda enjoying this 3x3 OT. Didn’t they played all that well, which, come on. They’re missing some key players. But they played well enough to win. Game winner was a snipe by Mastrosimone.

Comment

Working...
                                X