Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here watch games using the College Sports Live stream thingie? Hoping I'll be able to air drop or whatever so I can watch on my tv.

Comment

• Killing time before the game starts, looked at the recruits on the Fan Blog. I see five d-men coming in next year: Schmidt, Legault, Carrabes, Doyle, and Hutson. Farrance and Campolieto are the only seniors on a team that already has a couple spares (once MCarthy is back in the line-up). It seems there will have to be a couple deferrals at least, no? And I think Dolye already deferred.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Watching on my laptop. Won’t let me air drop to my TV. Is that how it is for everyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          UMass' goalie Matt Murray stopped the puck along the boards and then made a pass back to his defenseman on the far side. Instead of skating toward the puck the d-man waited for it and Jamie Armstrong skated in hard and was able to intercept the puck just in front of him and send a pass through the crease to Peterson, who snapped it past Murray. The camera work wasn't the best, so you don't actually see Murray stopping the puck and then passing it, nor do you actually see Armstrong intercepting the puck as both actions are at the edge of the screen/off-screen. It's one of the three goals the UMass announcers called self-inflicted, as if the BU players had nothing to do with them.

Sean
          Thanks, Sean.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Watching on my laptop. Won’t let me air drop to my TV. Is that how it is for everyone else?
            How can there not be replays? Sheesh!!

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Whoops, there was a replay, just now.

Comment

• I’m rolling my eyes at that commercial where they spray to disinfect and kill coronavirus and the guy ISN’T WEARING A MASK!

Obligatory hockey content: This second period is dismal.

Comment

• Well that was a pretty decent finish!! A much better third and exciting OT win!! Against a top 10 ranked team. Not too shabby.

Comment

• I love being wrong! . Nice win. I love the 3 on 3 OT.

Sorry I jinxed the Captain. (I hope it's nothing serious.)

Are Bernie and Mark calling these games from their homes? There is ZERO rink sound and it's very disconcerting.

I'm theorizing that BU will stick with the classic jersey's all season due to the two patches (Easier to display.).

Again, big win.

BU Hockey: Giving "Games in Hand" a Whole New Meaning
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• That was a very enjoyable couple of games. Nice to see them at WBA for old times' sake too.
                      Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        We have a goalie
                        Indeed. No goals allowed in the last three third periods. 41 saves combined.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Damn this team is fun to watch. Really like the mix of size and speed. Very well rounded and they roll all the line. Amazing what a difference a goalie makes. Outshot handily the last three games vs ranked opponents and 3 wins. Very promising.

Comment

• Wow, 3-1! Telecast today was night and day compared to the first home game vs. Providence. No sound issues and the camera operator seemed to have been at a hockey game before. Only quibble is the replays seemed like they were super zoomed so difficult to see how the play developed. I have no sense who is injured, but here are regulars I would have expected in the lineup if healthy:

2 - McCarthy
                            3 - Amonte
                            17 - Wise
                            28 - Philips

I think 14 Driscoll, 19 DeBoer, 27 Copeland also weren't in the lineup but I don't consider them regulars. Can anyone provide an injury or healthy scratch designation?

Commesso seems to play positionally sound and controls rebounds well. I even thought that in the opening weekend. Hard to tell today with lack of good replays but don't blame him for either of the goals during the game in Amherst. The team knowing that he's likely not going to give up any softies probably gives them the confidence that they can come back like they did today. Skoog and Tuch bring lots of physicality to go along with plus skill. I like that O'Brien is a right shot and can see attributes that got him drafted in first round. He's kind of like a poor man's Farabee in that the game seems to slow down for him when he controls it on the half wall. He's got good size too.

Overall very excited. Hopefully they can build on this and get better at not taking stupid penalties and be more consistent clearing the defensive zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Indeed. No goals allowed in the last three third periods. 41 saves combined.
                              He looks like Oettinger with a better glove.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

He looks like Oettinger with a better glove.
                                Nailed it.

Watched it on College Sports Live through a Silk browser on an Amazon Fire Stick. Glad to watch BU on the big screen.

But the Stadium app from last year was easier.
                                Last edited by Leonidas; 01-18-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X