Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be nice to know wouldn't it? Just a little more transparency from Hockey East in general would go a long way. Nobody asked Albie about them?

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Yes, they would. Webber is the only one that I wouldn't say 100%, since he is a freshman, but having played some junior out in Penticton after his time in prep (Rivers?), he isn't young. But I would guess he will be in once he can.

As far as why they weren't in the line-up, I am assuming it is all COVID protocol related.
      From the Boston Hockey Blog recap:
      Notably absent on the Terrier side were Case McCarthy, Robert Mastrosimone, Wilmer Skoog Sam Stevens and Markus Boguslavsky.

“You have guys getting hurt, they haven’t played a lot. You got guys getting sick, but the reality is those guys will be available to us pretty quick,” O’Connell said. He added most of those five should be back as early as tomorrow’s game.
      Not sure whether Webber was part of the five O'Connell was talking about.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Regarding the low-quality production values last night. I assumed that this was an Agganis/WBA live-stream crew and that NESN had nothing to do with it. I guess I should set higher expectations for a school with a world-class Journalism school, but yet ... #NotSurprised. Regarding the poor sound. Bernie hasn't had good sound since 1987.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          "All in all, it was all right." - actual Albie quote
          In fairness to Albie you left out what he said after this statement. It went something like this:.

Albie: "That was a really intense split squad scrimmage. I thought our black shirt team played real well vs the junior varsity in the White. We're going to have a good year this year."

Reporter: "ummm... that was a real game. The black shirt team was your opponent, Providence college."

Albie: "oh yeah smart guy? Well tell me this, if it was a regular season game, why weren't there any fans?"
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• As I understand it, the production was done by BU and NESN just aired the feed. Agree that it's a very poor look for the school, some really, really amateur mistakes. The camera operator could not follow the play, zoomed in at random on empty pieces of ice, didn't show key replays. First game, OK. It still reflects poorly on the school.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Regarding the poor sound. Bernie hasn't had good sound since 1987.
              C'mon, this was better than Bernie on WROL following "The Irish Hit Parade!"

Bernie's sound tonight is even better, but I think it's coming live from Stoneham.

Comment

• Not the best looking opening weekend but I will gladly split that series. All around game looked better than yesterday. Lot less 2 on 1's for PC. The discipline will continue to kill us! Fensore 4 penalties in 2 games is not ideal. Hopefully can get everyone back to form ASAP. Way too much time in the d-zone.

Comment

• I know it's early and I know they've only practiced a few times, but I'm not impressed with the goalie. He was off his angles and quite floppy.

Time to spin the "who can we play?" wheel .... Weeeeeee. (Lowell is paused.)
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• He was giving me some Ricky DiPietro vibes with his wandering outside the crease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      I know it's early and I know they've only practiced a few times, but I'm not impressed with the goalie. He was off his angles and quite floppy.

Time to spin the "who can we play?" wheel .... Weeeeeee. (Lowell is paused.)

If you listened to Albie the Goalie hasn’t played a game in 10 months and hasn’t seems scrimmage action in 2 months and the team has only had 4 practices in the last month and you get tossed out there to see 150 shots this weekend can’t be easy. Gotta real in expectations a bit for first weekend playing a good PC team playing their 9th and 10th game. I think a ton of stuff will be cleaned up as they play more. Splitting this weekend given the circumstance was a win in my book.

are you the guy who grabs his golf clubs after not playing for 10 months and expects to shoot par the first time out?

Comment

• Not getting the warm and fuzzies out of this weekend's performance either. With fresh legs we should have had an advantage not to mention PC was missing their stellar head coach. I did like the offense though and the power play had some life to it. More worrying however is the 50 penalties they took and the supposed all world goalie who gave up 10 goals in his first two games. No, not all were his fault but he gave up more than a few softies and was in bad position way too often. PC always plays hard but it's not like they're Gretzky's Oilers out there.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Not getting the warm and fuzzies out of this weekend's performance either. With fresh legs we should have had an advantage not to mention PC was missing their stellar head coach. I did like the offense though and the power play had some life to it. More worrying however is the 50 penalties they took and the supposed all world goalie who gave up 10 goals in his first two games. No, not all were his fault but he gave up more than a few softies and was in bad position way too often. PC always plays hard but it's not like they're Gretzky's Oilers out there.
                          Fresh legs? They only have had 4 practices over the last month. They aren’t in hockey shape...that doesn’t give you fresh legs...that gives you no legs.

Comment

• I'll give the goalie a pass on the weekend overall. He was indeed off-angle a few times had trouble judging shots, but not playing for 10 months is most amplified for the goalie. The team gave up two two-minute 5 on 3s, 90 shots, and countless quality chances. He played a solid 3rd period last night with a lead and looked much more composed and fundamentally sound. On the list of things that need fixing, he's nowhere near the top.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Fresh legs? They only have had 4 practices over the last month. They aren’t in hockey shape...that doesn’t give you fresh legs...that gives you no legs.
                              I was unfamiliar with the law that banned them from staying in shape and exercising on their own time. Are they all following the Albie O'Connell workout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

I was unfamiliar with the law that banned them from staying in shape and exercising on their own time. Are they all following the Albie O'Connell workout?
                                Actually they were probably in quarantine and aren’t allowed to practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X