Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Since BU is requiring masks from its athletes, and for all opponents on campus ... I am assuming the players on both teams in tomorrow night's season opener against PC will be wearing cloth masks under their face shields. Or would full shields be enough by themselves?
    From what I have seen in lower levels of hockey including youth, full shields are not considered adequate, since they still have holes near the bottom.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• BU officially announced Jarman and Campolieto, bringing the roster to 29: 3 goalies, 8 D, 18 F. Probably the largest roster in program history (paging Sean Pickett). In a media call Wednesday, Albie indicated that there likely would be midweek games in addition to weekend games as BU tries to get in as many games as possible. So depth becomes especially important. Guessing that even if as expected Commesso is the #1 goalie, Duplessis and Abel will see action, too.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        BU officially announced Jarman and Campolieto, bringing the roster to 29: 3 goalies, 8 D, 18 F. Probably the largest roster in program history (paging Sean Pickett).
        Since I'm not dead yet (although I still need a kidney) I created a new query to answer your question. However, before I answer I have one caveat: my roster numbers only include those who played in at least one varsity game; players like Ian Arougheti (dressed for 2 games) and Mike Eurzione Jr. (played in an exhibition game) are not included. That said, my database shows the largest previous roster size was 28 for the 1986-87 season.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Four hours til puck drops. Dare I get excited? (I won't believe it until I see it on my TV screen.)
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Since I'm not dead yet (although I still need a kidney) I created a new query to answer your question. However, before I answer I have one caveat: my roster numbers only include those who played in at least one varsity game; players like Ian Arougheti (dressed for 2 games) and Mike Eurzione Jr. (played in an exhibition game) are not included. That said, my database shows the largest previous roster size was 28 for the 1986-87 season.

Sean
            Thanks, Sean, and glad to hear you're hanging in there. Good luck.

Here's a link to that 1986-87 roster. Alot of talent for a team that went 19-15-2,
            https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/...1987?tab=stats
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Mastrosimone, Stevens, McCarthy, Webber, Skoog not dressed. Witkowski on D tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post
                Mastrosimone, Stevens, McCarthy, Webber, Skoog not dressed. Witkowski on D tonight.
                Anyone know why those guys aren't dressed?
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Albie = clueless ****ing fatass. How many penalties is this team going to take. An undisciplined team is the same as a lazy team - it's a reflection of the coach. When he's more concerned with last call at the all you can eat buffet than game planning, this is what you get. Also loathed the softee goal that allowed PC to tie the game, but I suppose after Providence went on their 35th power play it didn't end up mattering much.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Yikes! That was rough. I'll give them a pass, because they had to go 36 days without practice until Monday. And missing 5 regulars (I am assuming Cade Webber will be in the regular line-up).
                    - Wise is going to play himself out of the lineup if he keeps taking bad penalties. His first one (unsportsmanlike) put us down two men for two minutes, when the game was close (maybe tied?) his second was just an unnecessary high hit, but he needs to do more to contribute (I know he had an assist).
                    - I really liked Jarman's game. He impressed me more than the Union transfer.
                    - Speaking of transfers, our new Max (Kaufman) > our old Max (Willman). He made some nice plays and should be in the lineup. Had an assist on the Tuch goal, got at least one other nice SOG.
                    - I also really like what I see with Peterson - he has the size of Quercia and DeBoer but much quicker and more skill.
                    - Commesso decided to take the Michel Larocque path by giving up a lot of goals in his first game :-). In all seriousness, he gave up a couple bad ones (the bank job from the goal line, the turnaround by Berard), but he made some great saves, and I am confident he will be the starter.
                    - Great Zegras-like turnaround pass from Farrance on the Tuch goal. Picking up where he left off with two points. And he sat seemingly the last 10 minutes - good move by coach once the game got out of hand.
                    - Also great to see Driscoll get a goal. Have to think he isn't going to play regularly, so nice to see him have a memorable moment.
                    - Nice to see O'Brien get one against his former team (I predicted it and won the raffle on twitter :-)).
                    - The only thing that may have been worse than our play was the production - went to commercial at the wrong times, sound cutting in and out, the camera work was terrible (I know WBA is tight quarters, but they never used to have trouble following the puck when we used to play there), replays were usually non-existent, sometimes showed the wrong play. I know there are like three games a night, so I think we had the JV crew.
                    - And I love Bernie, but he was missing a lot of what was happening on the ice. Completely missed the first Power Play until we were 15 seconds into it, they both missed the embellishment call on Fensore that created a match, missed the fact that the first PC goal was a rebound put in, not a squeaker past Commesso, etc.
                    - I think we get Mastro back tomorrow (and one other - Bernie was starting to talk about it when the sound cut out, so no idea who else might be back). Hopefully we get a better result.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

From what I have seen in lower levels of hockey including youth, full shields are not considered adequate, since they still have holes near the bottom.
                      Quick note on this, you'll notice BC has moved all of their players to the fishbowl shields. The directive from USA Hockey once they started hockey back up after initial lockdowns was that they somewhat recommended full shields over a regular cage. Looking it up, the language is currently as follows:

HELMETS -- FULL CLEAR SHIELD vs. HALF SHIELD OR CAGE
                      There is no scientific proof that a full clear shield on a hockey helmet provides better protection against infectious diseases compared to a visor (half shield) or cage.

That said, a full clear shield is likely better than a visor (half shield) or cage:
                      1. Can act as a barrier in case someone in close proximity coughs or sneezes
                      2. May be a deterrent to decrease touch of the face (vs. cages where players stick their fingers through the cage)
                      3. Likely to prevent spitting on the ice/bench (should be enforced regardless)

It should be noted that a full clear shield will not prevent the inhalation of aerosolized droplets.
                      There was a massive run on these when this came up and Bauer immediately bumped prices up on both the Jr. and Sr. models by $10. Not many people noticed or even complained.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• "All in all, it was all right." - actual Albie quote
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Totally agree with the comment on the production
                          the audio , video and play by play comment were on an amateurish level
                          Especially hard to take with the high quality BC production on NESN at the same time
                          There is no excuse for BU with all its resources to be lagging so far behind
                          Media not at game were commenting about this- projects poorly to hockey community

I have been unhappy with hockey operation since Quinn left but willing to let season play out and see what happens
                          Obviously at a competitive disadvantage last night

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Anyone know why those guys aren't dressed?
                            All these guys would be considered regulars in the lineup, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              Totally agree with the comment on the production
                              the audio , video and play by play comment were on an amateurish level
                              Especially hard to take with the high quality BC production on NESN at the same time
                              There is no excuse for BU with all its resources to be lagging so far behind
                              Media not at game were commenting about this- projects poorly to hockey community

I have been unhappy with hockey operation since Quinn left but willing to let season play out and see what happens
                              Obviously at a competitive disadvantage last night
                              How much of the poor production is on BU and how much is on NESN? Or Hockey East? I know everything is last minute this season, and I know the boys haven't played at WBA in a long time, but women's games have always had a stream available, so I would think the equipment infrastructure is adequate. Anyway, I know very little about this, and at the end of the day, I was just glad to be able to watch a BU Hockey game. Hopefully they iron out the kinks before the next home game.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

All these guys would be considered regulars in the lineup, no?
                                Yes, they would. Webber is the only one that I wouldn't say 100%, since he is a freshman, but having played some junior out in Penticton after his time in prep (Rivers?), he isn't young. But I would guess he will be in once he can.

As far as why they weren't in the line-up, I am assuming it is all COVID protocol related.

Comment

Working...
                                X