Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

A couple of people speculated about that on here but I don’t know it was based on any real information.
    He had one foot out the door the second he walked in ... he wouldn’t walk out in number order ... and he is super immature ... it’s not rumor it’s all true

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

He had one foot out the door the second he walked in ... he wouldn’t walk out in number order ... and he is super immature ... it’s not rumor it’s all true
      Yet the Boston Hockey Blog likes to highlight his post BU exploits. Like who feels the least bit attached to this guy much like Farrabee. One year guys other than Eichel I have no interest in.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised Union caption Josh Kosack transfers to BU. Either this year or next year as senior/post grad.
        Last edited by cridge; 12-30-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

He is a high end talent as he is showing at the Worlds this year. He scared me every time he stepped on the ice. All of college hockey has suffered with the one and done syndrome. Give me the 4 year guys who develop over time and have terrific senior years like Cotton last year. I get the attraction of the $ instead of sophomore English but the roadside is littered with guys who just don't have the skills to play in the Bigs. A lot of these one year guys are going to be riding the bus to places like Wilkes Barre or Worcester like Whalstrom. That will not be the case for Zegras but lots of others who will spend five years in minors and wind up in the beer league. Wonder what these guys are doing for money this year ?

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            He is a high end talent as he is showing at the Worlds this year. He scared me every time he stepped on the ice. All of college hockey has suffered with the one and done syndrome. Give me the 4 year guys who develop over time and have terrific senior years like Cotton last year. I get the attraction of the $ instead of sophomore English but the roadside is littered with guys who just don't have the skills to play in the Bigs. A lot of these one year guys are going to be riding the bus to places like Wilkes Barre or Worcester like Whalstrom. That will not be the case for Zegras but lots of others who will spend five years in minors and wind up in the beer league. Wonder what these guys are doing for money this year ?
            I wouldn’t go jumping the gun on zegras I would say Keller is more talented .. stronger .. faster and with much greater grit and desire to succeed and he hasn’t exactly been burning down the house .. zegras is talented but needs Strentgh desire and a little ability to know when he overdoes it

Comment

Happy New Year Terrier nation! There's an actual game on the schedule this week - huzzah! Fingers crossed it actually happens.

Comment

Hopefully BU finally gets to play some hockey this week! Its crazy that some teams like UMASS has already played 12 games and BU hasn't played 1. They are going to have to jam a bunch of games in this shortened season. My expectations are low to begin the start since every team has had a chance to iron out the kinks and set lineups and BU hasn't even had a scrimmage.

Comment

Happy New Year all!

So I see the BU basketball team is wearing masks on the court and during home games, both teams have to wear masks.

They are the only team in NCAA basketball doing this so far this season. I am a mask supporter but this seems quite ridiculous.

EDIT: I see the Women's team is wearing masks. Interesting. Are there other Men's teams wearing masks? I haven't really been following.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-tuesday-game
                  Last edited by Tater; 01-04-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Okay, so BU's supposed to play Providence Saturday. Which of course, is subject to change up to an hour before the game. (Need to set a "game on?" reminder in my phone). Any idea of time? Is it on NESN? And who's on the team again?

Thanks for the help.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

I agree that Keller was a huge talent and I liked him best when he was not on the ice. Scary good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Okay, so BU's supposed to play Providence Saturday. Which of course, is subject to change up to an hour before the game. (Need to set a "game on?" reminder in my phone). Any idea of time? Is it on NESN? And who's on the team again?

Thanks for the help.
                        I thought the game was Friday not Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Happy New Year all!

So I see the BU basketball team is wearing masks on the court and during home games, both teams have to wear masks.

They are the only team in NCAA basketball doing this so far this season. I am a mask supporter but this seems quite ridiculous.

EDIT: I see the Women's team is wearing masks. Interesting. Are there other Men's teams wearing masks? I haven't really been following.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-tuesday-game
                          Saw a picture from the game and players for both teams had their masks covering their chins. Insert rolling eyes emoji here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I thought the game was Friday not Saturday?
                            The schedule says at BU Friday and at Providence Saturday
                            Hockey east usually issues revised schedule Tuesday or Wednesday
                            Both games scheduled for NESN+

Comment

Colin Wilson has announced his retirement after 11 NHL seasons. In October, he wrote about his longtime battle with OCD in an article for The Players Tribune, titled "The Things You Can't See."
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Colin Wilson has announced his retirement after 11 NHL seasons. In October, he wrote about his longtime battle with OCD in an article for The Players Tribune, titled "The Things You Can't See."
                                That article was amazing. I am so impressed he was able to play at such a high level. In 2011, when he was playing with Nashville, I was in Vancouver during the Stanley Cup playoffs and was able to game one of their series. I saw him on the ice in uniform during the warm ups but then he disappeared and didn't play, nor was he on the bench. I wonder if he was having an episode of some sorts that didn't allow him to play that day. Proud of him for coming out with this information. I hope it helps someone else with this affliction.

Comment

Working...
                                X