Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any players get the sense BU will not play do they still have time to transfer like St. Ivany from Yale to BC?

Comment

Lets not get crazy here. BU was scheduled to start a week later than most. Got it. Then Vermont cancelled. Got it. Then they were expected to play UConn but Covid issues cancelled this game. Got it. They only had UMass on schedule for Dec 11/12 that this Covid event would effect since players have to quarantine and that wouldn't give enough time to ready for game. Got it. Then you have Christmas so the team wont have practices since Dec 2 and will probably start back up Dec 26 and they are supposed to be ready to play Jan 1? Not ideal. So starting them back up Dec. 26 get a good 2 weeks of practice to get back up and going to then start vs Providence on Jan 8 if all goes to plan. BU will absolutely have hockey this season is my opinion. Beginning of year was going to be a mess anyways and it has. Hopefully things improve and season can start up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        Lets not get crazy here. BU was scheduled to start a week later than most. Got it. Then Vermont cancelled. Got it. Then they were expected to play UConn but Covid issues cancelled this game. Got it. They only had UMass on schedule for Dec 11/12 that this Covid event would effect since players have to quarantine and that wouldn't give enough time to ready for game. Got it. Then you have Christmas so the team wont have practices since Dec 2 and will probably start back up Dec 26 and they are supposed to be ready to play Jan 1? Not ideal. So starting them back up Dec. 26 get a good 2 weeks of practice to get back up and going to then start vs Providence on Jan 8 if all goes to plan. BU will absolutely have hockey this season is my opinion. Beginning of year was going to be a mess anyways and it has. Hopefully things improve and season can start up.
        Don't ever look at the schedule and think that is what it is...The conference is just randomly picking games every Monday or Tuesday for the weekend. It is a joke right now.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Fixed your post.
          Thanks Scarlet. That is what I meant. #ItsOver
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

8th of december.......
            still undefeated
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

BOSTON - The Boston University men's ice hockey team is continuing its pause of all athletic activities and postponing its scheduled contests against Massachusetts this upcoming weekend (Dec. 11-12).

The team will focus on completing the semester and final exams during the weekend of Dec. 18-19, as this was previously deemed to be a non-competition weekend. The student-athletes will return to campus at the end of the month to prepare for the new January start to their season.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                BOSTON - The Boston University men's ice hockey team is continuing its pause of all athletic activities and postponing its scheduled contests against Massachusetts this upcoming weekend (Dec. 11-12).

The team will focus on completing the semester and final exams during the weekend of Dec. 18-19, as this was previously deemed to be a non-competition weekend. The student-athletes will return to campus at the end of the month to prepare for the new January start to their season.
                Why was this released today? Didn't we already know this?

Comment

Not sure? Maybe just to make it an official statement?

Comment

Hockey East announced schedule changes today. Seems BU had to wait until that was posted.

Comment

The BU program has been most affected and there is no word from BU
                      With their shrinking season ticket and premium base some communication from the school would seem appropriate
                      Seems different rules for them- They are only school that players were excluded from national team
                      It appears that January 8th is the planned ate right now

On another note the blue chip teams that had down years recently seem to have adjusted their rosters to get a better mix of elite youth and some older impact
                      players including graduate transfers. So far there is no evidence that BU has successfully done this. Last year's transfer did not score in over 30 games
                      The team was picked for 6th in hockey east which is totally unacceptible

Comment

I agree that communication should be better. BU as a school has been the most stringent with Covid protocols to my knowledge. PC and Merrimack has positive cases, isolated those players and went on practicing and playing games short handed. BU had a positive and paused the entire men's hockey program. NU, VT, Maine all paused and in fact BU missed a weekend series because of the VT pause. Different strategies and protocols school vs school. The reason why the BU players didn't go to USA camp was strictly based on the timing of the BU positive test as it wouldn't allow the players enough time to quarantine before heading to WJC camp. In terms of the team - I am excited at watching this team. Seems like a good mix of older and younger and I think they will surprise some people. Right now BC is the cream of the crop but I expect they will have a mass exodus of players at the end of the season (Huska, Boldy, Newhook, Knight, etc) and that leaves BU in a great position for the next few years in hockey east as they are still young and I don't foresee any one and done players or even players in the sophomore class ready to leave. Farrance will hurt but there are enough Dman to fill in.

Comment

Is this the first time a BU Team has gone into the Holiday Break undefeated?

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Beecher just tested positive and was sent home from WJC after practicing with the team. Those 3 BU kids that stayed back must be absolutely bullchit right now.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

So, the earliest BU will play a game will be January 8th.

Will there be departures?

At that point, players will have lost half of a season. Is there anywhere for them to go? If so, will the teams holding their rights, or their advisors, encourage them to leave?

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Is this the first time a BU Team has gone into the Holiday Break undefeated?
                                Funny you should ask, Bomber. The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog is running a series of posts marking the 50th anniversary of the '70-'71 national champs who went 13-0-1 out of the gate. They finally lost at Cornell on January 23rd. We're posting game recaps on the dates they were played, some with comments from the players, along with a few feature pieces. In a Q&A with Jack Parker (questions sadly intended for Jack Kelley), he called the '70-'71 team the best BU team ever, largely due to its 40% power play, which produced more goals (65) than the total yielded by BU (60).

Comment

Working...
                                X