Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey at least we don’t have to worry about hot dog temperature, lack of chopped onions and quality of beer on tap this year right?

Comment

The BU Athletics Instagram account posted a This Week In Terrier History about the first ever Red Hot Hockey win in 2007 (which was such an awesome experience). In the description it said they won the Kelley-Harkness Cup. Which is incorrect. They didn’t have that till I can’t recall but I think it was in 2013? Anyone recall?

Comment

We have BU Hockey this Saturday, Dec. 5!!! The newly updated HE schedule has BU visiting UConn for a 2:30 p.m. start.
        http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...december-1.php

Robert Mastrosimone, Alex Vlasic and Drew Commesso have been named to the Jr. National Team camp, along with Trevor Zegras. Camp begins Sunday the 6th in Michigan, so hopefully the trio will be in the BU line-up Saturday.

Women begin their campaign with a Friday-Saturday pair against UNH, both in Durham.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          The BU Athletics Instagram account posted a This Week In Terrier History about the first ever Red Hot Hockey win in 2007 (which was such an awesome experience). In the description it said they won the Kelley-Harkness Cup. Which is incorrect. They didn’t have that till I can’t recall but I think it was in 2013? Anyone recall?
          Yup. 2013. 3-2 BU on goals by Mike Moran, Robbie Baillargeon and Nick Roberto. 35 saves by Matt O'Connor.
          http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...r-3-2-win.html

Comment

Seems kinda strange you're only playing one game this weekend. If both teams are a go why not get two games in?

Comment

The 2020 College Hockey season is like a flash mob. #AGamePoppedUpThisWeekend!
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                The 2020 College Hockey season is like a flash mob. #AGamePoppedUpThisWeekend!
                And now popped away.

WAKEFIELD, Mass. - The Hockey East Association announced today the following schedule update:

The men’s game between UConn and Boston University scheduled for December 5 will not be played. Boston University announced today the men's ice hockey program has paused all athletic activities due to a positive COVID-19 test within the team's Tier 1 personnel.

Comment

Tier 1 personnel? Paused for how long? I know every school is different and you can't really compare college hockey to football but when these schools agreed they would play i thought it would be understood that you may have some COVID cases. So I am just curious about the length of this pause.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Tier 1 personnel? Paused for how long? I know every school is different and you can't really compare college hockey to football but when these schools agreed they would play i thought it would be understood that you may have some COVID cases. So I am just curious about the length of this pause.
                    BU didn't give a timeline. Tier 1 personnel, according to BU, includes student-athletes, coaches, managers and support staff.

BU has a fairly robust contact tracing program for the whole school, so they probably won't know a timeline until they establish who were close contacts and if they're students, move them to isolation housing.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

BU has had a positive test and is pausing all activities.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Closest thing to BU men's hockey we'll see this weekend is tonight's OSU-Wisconsin game. Buckeyes' roster has ex-Terriers Mark Cheremeta and Dominic Vidoli and one-time BU recruit Ryan O'Connell. And Colby Cohen is calling the game on ESPNU.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Closest thing to BU men's hockey we'll see this weekend is tonight's OSU-Wisconsin game. Buckeyes' roster has ex-Terriers Mark Cheremeta and Dominic Vidoli and one-time BU recruit Ryan O'Connell. And Colby Cohen is calling the game on ESPNU.
                          Plus if you squint, the wisco jerseys look a lot like BU

Comment

Katherine Ellis tweeted: Confirmed. Men's BU team won't play any games in 2020.

Comment

Delay, Delay, Delay. This isn't a BU thing, just goes back to when all these schools came up with a plan to play. If the plan was banking on no COVID cases, that's not really a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Katherine Ellis tweeted: Confirmed. Men's BU team won't play any games in 2020.
                                Well, they only had the two UMass games next weekend left in 2020. I imagine the players leaving for WJC also had a lot to do with this. Doesn't make much sense to start up for two games without multiple starters and your top goalie only to stop again for three weeks.

The big problem the league faces now is the disparity in games played. OOC are one thing, but in order for the league season to be meaningful, everyone has to play the same or at least close to the same number of league games.

It'd be a lot easier on everyone if the NCAA stepped in and pushed the tournament back to early May and give everyone more buffer time to make up previously missed games and those that'll likely get cancelled in the future. As it stands, starting January 1 BU plays two weekend games with no open spot every week for the remainder of the season. There's no wiggle room whatsoever to make up games.
                                Last edited by brassbonanza; 12-05-2020, 12:54 PM.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X