Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So will BU's first Hobey winner be firing BU's most recently departed head coach?? And if he does, do we expect DQ to make his way back to Comm Ave? Inquiring minds want to know...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

    Comment


    • Lane Hutson turned some heads at the U-18 Worlds. Given that he was a U17 player this year and has another year in the USNTDP, he could turn into a very good recruit. His size might keep him out of the NHL first round talk, but that would be more than fine with me.

      Edit: should have put this in the recruit thread, where Rogie has posted some related quotes.
      Last edited by defkit; 05-07-2021, 09:57 PM.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

      Comment


      • I just read AOC's Spring Letter - Frantisek Skladany is still getting paid to play hockey???? (granted, in Slovakia). That is a blast from the past...
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

        Comment


        • Originally posted by defkit View Post
          I just read AOC's Spring Letter - Frantisek Skladany is still getting paid to play hockey???? (granted, in Slovakia). That is a blast from the past...
          He must be close to 40. Does this make him the oldest BU player to compete professionally?


          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

          Comment


          • Reporting out that the Rangers just fired Quinn.
            It Happened!!!!

            Comment


            • Do you honestly think he'd come back if offered the job?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Do you honestly think he'd come back if offered the job?
                Whatever pressure Albie might have been under has now been amplified. With DQ now available, what will "success" be measured by for Albie next season?

                If DQ lands another NHL head coach job next season, I think the door for DQ to return to BU will be shut. However, if DQ either takes next season off from coaching or accepts a NHL Assistant Coach position, it will continue to fuel speculation of the door being kept open for DQ to potentially return.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Do you honestly think he'd come back if offered the job?
                  I do not. I think he'll land another NHL job.

                  Adding to the "Terriers in Turmoil" blotter: The Sabres GM is reporting that Jack Eichel wants surgery that's never been performed on an NHL player before. (Herniated disk). Yikes.
                  It Happened!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

                    Whatever pressure Albie might have been under has now been amplified. With DQ now available, what will "success" be measured by for Albie next season?

                    If DQ lands another NHL head coach job next season, I think the door for DQ to return to BU will be shut. However, if DQ either takes next season off from coaching or accepts a NHL Assistant Coach position, it will continue to fuel speculation of the door being kept open for DQ to potentially return.
                    1. How appealing is DQ to another NHL team? I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be appealing; just looking for your opinion.

                    2. Aside from "speculation", would BU decision makers accept his return?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

                      1. How appealing is DQ to another NHL team? I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be appealing; just looking for your opinion.

                      2. Aside from "speculation", would BU decision makers accept his return?
                      I think another team will easily offer him a job as an assistant. Possibly head-coach, for yotes or ducks maybe, but highly doubtful. I do not think BU will be begging him to come back. He left once, what will make them think he wouldn't again? Unless Quinn blows the decision makers away, I don't think they will put be invested in him too much for the long run.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

                        1. How appealing is DQ to another NHL team? I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be appealing; just looking for your opinion.

                        2. Aside from "speculation", would BU decision makers accept his return?
                        From what I've read, the feeling seems to be he'll get another NHL head coaching job. The rest of the league views him as having done a good job with the Rangers. His and the other Rangers firings are Dolan (the owner) being the complete toolbag he's been for years. I almost feel bad for Rangers and Knicks fans having him as an owner. But only almost.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

                        Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

                        BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

                          1. How appealing is DQ to another NHL team? I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be appealing; just looking for your opinion.

                          2. Aside from "speculation", would BU decision makers accept his return?

                          1. I think a NHL team that's rebuilding / developing young talent and looking for a coaching change would find DQ to be a solid candidate. I imagine there will be additional NHL HCs let go in the coming days/weeks, so it'll be interesting to see if DQ's name surfaces as a candidate for any openings.


                          2. I think the AD would be receptive to it if an opening is to arise. Again, what defines "success" for Albie and for BU Hockey next season? It could be a tough sell to those above him at BU b/c DQ already left once (albeit on very good terms is my understanding) and DQ would presumably command heftier compensation than Albie, which BU would most certainly balk at.

                          Comment


                          • That next BU alumni golf outing could be frosty!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bomber View Post

                              I do not. I think he'll land another NHL job.

                              Adding to the "Terriers in Turmoil" blotter: The Sabres GM is reporting that Jack Eichel wants surgery that's never been performed on an NHL player before. (Herniated disk). Yikes.
                              Seems a little odd for a GM to speaking with that level of detail, especially when I believe it's a neck injury. But that's probably the GM protecting his own ***. Either way, things haven't exactly gone smoothly with Eichel in Buffalo. How many coaches and GMs now? I am assuming Eichel just wants to get the hell out of there and start fresh. Not sure they would ever trade him to the Bruins but he'd look real good as the 2nd line center replacement for Krejci and then he would be the guy when Bergeron retires.

                              I do not see any way Quinn gets a NHL HC job next year. I think he either takes the year off or hooks on as an NHL assistant somewhere or perhaps even AHL head coach. Now I'm curious where Greg Brown ends up as well.

                              Comment


                              • Actually, how do these contracts typically work? If he's employed next year aren't the Rangers off the hook for part of his salary?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X