Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Given what PC and UML were before those guys arrived, that 12-20 PWR ranking is pretty damn good. The thinking is what could those guys do with the talent pool BU usually gets players from.
    Exactly. I see good systems when I watch those two teams along with UMass. At PC, the success has led to improved recruiting as well (at least in terms of landing some USNTDP guys, which I know isn't always the best thing as we have been discussing).
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• So, BU hasn't been active in the transfer frenzy. Not interested? Rumors, hearsay?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        So, BU hasn't been active in the transfer frenzy. Not interested? Rumors, hearsay?
        Not sure they have much room. They only lost Farrance/Deboer/witkowski/wise to my knowledge. They probably Can take 4 incoming recruits and be all set roster size wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Given what PC and UML were before those guys arrived, that 12-20 PWR ranking is pretty damn good. The thinking is what could those guys do with the talent pool BU usually gets players from.
          I'm still waiting for the 2019 & 2020 NCAA report from UML, as well as PC's 2020 Form 990, but here are the total annual compensation reported for Coaches Leaman and Bazin:

Bazin Leaman
          Year Total Total
          2012 294,690
          2013 354,641 332,441
          2014 425,310 388,061
          2015 432,988 449,788
          2016 489,315 547,962
          2017 569,350 586,475
          2018 620,872 572,862
          2019 932,238

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-06-2021, 08:50 PM.
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Not sure they have much room. They only lost Farrance/Deboer/witkowski/wise to my knowledge. They probably Can take 4 incoming recruits and be all set roster size wise.
            I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of our forwards leave, particularly those who haven't been able to crack the lineup.

Rising Seniors/superseniors: Cockerill Amonte Kaufman Quercia
            Rising Juniors: Armstrong Boguslavsky Mastro JOB Stevens Phillips Skoog
            Rising Sophomores: Zabaneh Tuch Peterson

That's 14 forwards without counting the incoming freshmen. Of those, the 10 bolded players are sharpied in the lineup every night if healthy. Not a lot of space up front.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of our forwards leave, particularly those who haven't been able to crack the lineup.

Rising Seniors/superseniors: Cockerill Amonte Kaufman Quercia
              Rising Juniors: Armstrong Boguslavsky Mastro JOB Stevens Phillips Skoog
              Rising Sophomores: Zabaneh Tuch Peterson

That's 14 forwards without counting the incoming freshmen. Of those, the 10 bolded players are sharpied in the lineup every night if healthy. Not a lot of space up front.
              So trying to win through the draft as opposed to signing free agents. Got it.

I'd love to see them trade a few forwards for a solid stay-at-home defenseman. Who's available?

BU Hockey: Professional Grade
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• The best names I have seen on defense are Will Cullen from BG and Chase Blackmun from UML. Cullen will be 25! at the start of next season. Three productive years at BG. Blackmun is 22. Three good years at UML for him. Not sure either would be classified as stay at home though. Michael Karow was a pretty good stay at home dman this year!

Comment

• I'd pass on Cullen...

https://www.uscho.com/2021/02/07/wch...nnesota-state/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

So trying to win through the draft as opposed to signing free agents. Got it.

I'd love to see them trade a few forwards for a solid stay-at-home defenseman. Who's available?

BU Hockey: Professional Grade
                    Huh? Are you advocating Albie cut a crap load of forwards and try to backfill through the transfer portal?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Exactly. I see good systems when I watch those two teams along with UMass. At PC, the success has led to improved recruiting as well (at least in terms of landing some USNTDP guys, which I know isn't always the best thing as we have been discussing).
                      "Improved recruiting" hasn't resulted in any real improvements, though. Both guys have been there long enough that their history of "success" should have resulted in better recruits. Which should then, in turn, result in something better than the NCAA tournament bubble. It hasn't, and that makes me wary of these guys.

Comment

• Quercia transferring.

Albies entire first recruiting class is gone before they're seniors.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Quercia transferring.

Wonder if he already knows where he is going
                          Not very productive but did good job killing penalties
                          Maybe could find a home at Ohio State with 3 other BU players

Comment

Quercia transferring.

Albie doing some spring cleaning.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• BU needs to find some players that can put the puck in the net. Matt Brown from UML would be the #1 guy on my list. Just a sophomore and would make a great addition up front.

Comment

Huh? Are you advocating Albie cut a crap load of forwards and try to backfill through the transfer portal?
                                We can put a man on the moon, but we can't get emojis to work on the USCHO Fan Forum. I miss emojis.

I'm just having fun with the New World Order. Teams picking up players from other teams left and right (Like free agency) vs. going with new young recruits (The draft). It is kind of like NHL. All we need is some trades. I'm not advocating for BU to do anything, but to get the most out of the players they decide to put on the ice.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X