Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Interesting to see the equipment, and remember some of those BU players, Danby Stirling etc (ugh) and Dean Blais for Minnie. I like the more subdued celebrations after a goal, guys acting like they have done it before, rather than the Euro football histrionics.
    A couple other observations: 1) stand up goalies looked very off-balance on a regular basis 2) Minnesota's headgear looked like that won by boxers when they are practicing.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• So, yeah. Albany. Have game times been announced?

Comment

• Was kind of hoping for an old time BU-Lake State game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          So, yeah. Albany. Have game times been announced?
          We play at 6:30 Saturday.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

We play at 6:30 Saturday.
            Is anyone going? *smilie*
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Is anyone going? *smilie*
              Hey, Albany is allowing fans! Bridgeport is not.

Comment

• So, St Cloud in Albany - deja vu from 2000. It will be a good test. Here’s hoping this year’s version of Albany ends up a little better than that one at the end of the weekend.

Comment

• My wife somehow came across this and asked if I had ever heard of Brandon Yip:

https://www.universalhub.com/2021/ch...owned-canadian

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                    So, St Cloud in Albany - deja vu from 2000. It will be a good test. Here’s hoping this year’s version of Albany ends up a little better than that one at the end of the weekend.
                    Sean Pickett will know this for sure but what I remember about the SLU game was the broadcast went off air because of a Celtics game and then came BACK to the hockey game that was still going on once the Celtics game ended. Do I have that right?

Comment

• Yikes on the Yip story. BU beat SLU 5-3 in 2000. I don't think that's the off air/back on air game, but 21 years ago was 21 years ago.

Happy to have bonus hockey. I hope all teams make it to the weekend healthy and virus free.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Oh, I just meant that weekend. BU beat SCSU and then lost to SLU in the OT game.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Oh, I just meant that weekend. BU beat SCSU and then lost to SLU in the OT game.
                          My bad for screwing up the abbreviations. 5-3 W against SCSU. Then 6 hours of a bizillion saves against SLU. Thank God that was a Noon start. I was there, so didn't experience the TV shenanigans.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

My bad for screwing up the abbreviations. 5-3 W against SCSU. Then 6 hours of a bizillion saves against SLU. Thank God that was a Noon start. I was there, so didn't experience the TV shenanigans.
                            I remember calling my mom to ask her to tape the Oscars. Since the game started at noon, I thought we would be home in time for the start of the show but nooooo.

Comment

• I was living in ATL in 2000. Saw the "first part" of the 4OT game at a bar (the designated BU location), but I think it eventually went off air. But honestly, I'm not sure. I know the bar didn't switch to the Celtics the way the local station here did.

I do remember that some idiot poster was jumping all over Dan Cavanaugh for costing us the game...as if any player should have legs after two full games.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Was it Rover? ha. Or maybe Limey?

Comment

Working...
                                X