Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

And you win the prize ... this team is so poorly coached ... no structure ... all free wheeling ... they won games in spite of albie not because .. pure talent and stellar goaltending for the most part some people are just meant to stay and do what they are good and successful at he is a great assistant master recruiter he just is not cut out for the HC position for a boatload of reasons great guy .. really good human being just a bad head coach

I’ll say as I have said before I thin the allure of the position was much greater for him than the reality of what it really all entails that goes way beyond just what happens behind the bench
    Can’t argue with anything in this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Thank you for your great insight.
      I am not an expert like yourself so please let me know...which of the three messed that one up. You are very, very bitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        That GWG for Lowell was a disaster. Commesso and two dmen back there and I don't know who was at fault but that never should have happened.
        I don't blame Commesso, the shot was a pure knucklepuck.

Problem was, the pass never should've gotten through clean to the Lowell forward and I believe there was a turnover behind the net before that.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I don't blame Commesso, the shot was a pure knucklepuck.

Problem was, the pass never should've gotten through clean to the Lowell forward and I believe there was a turnover behind the net before that.
          Oh I didn't mean the shot. I meant when he went back behind the net and there were 2 dmen back there as well. I couldn't tell if the shot got deflected but leading up to that is what I was referring to.

Comment

• This is god answering scarlet’s prayers that BU can sneak in as a 4 seed, thus avoiding the igles region
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              This is god answering scarlet’s prayers that BU can sneak in as a 4 seed, thus avoiding the igles region
              I wouldn’t mind us playing BC in a regional final. At least we know the team will play hard and with effort. I think we match up well against them frankly.

Comment

I am not an expert like yourself so please let me know...which of the three messed that one up. You are very, very bitter.
                So funny. Love how you think you can tell someone’s tone by a post. This is for fun and entertainment. If you get bitter over college hockey message board you may want to reevaluate your emotional status.

Comment

• In Ben Bishop's absence, has Oettinger taken the Dallas goaltending job away from Khubodin?
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Oh I didn't mean the shot. I meant when he went back behind the net and there were 2 dmen back there as well. I couldn't tell if the shot got deflected but leading up to that is what I was referring to.
                    Yeah - that play was a great example of how the team looked. Everyone was tentative, and apparently there wasn't much communication. Commesso had a couple other instances in the second period where he almost turned it over while behind the net.

Yeah, the shot was a knuckler, and I'm pretty sure the first goal bounced in off Skoog. But the number of Grade A chances UML was so high, they just kept missing the net.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      In Ben Bishop's absence, has Oettinger taken the Dallas goaltending job away from Khubodin?
                      I'm been following this pretty closely. There is no doubt the Stars view him as the future, and he is generally showing he is ready. But they don't want to force the issue. He has had some very good games, like last night's 2-1 Shootout win, and an occasional so-so game.

On a separate note, congrats to Keifer Bellows on his first three NHL goals over the last two nights. I have to admit, I didn't think he would be successful at the NHL level, given that he seemed one-dimensional when he was at BU (great shot, not much else). Good for him.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I'm been following this pretty closely. There is no doubt the Stars view him as the future, and he is generally showing he is ready. But they don't want to force the issue. He has had some very good games, like last night's 2-1 Shootout win, and an occasional so-so game.

On a separate note, congrats to Keifer Bellows on his first three NHL goals over the last two nights. I have to admit, I didn't think he would be successful at the NHL level, given that he seemed one-dimensional when he was at BU (great shot, not much else). Good for him.
                        It's hard to believe that he was at BU four seasons ago.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Not just Bellows. Wahlstrom as well. I had serious doubts about him. Trotz integrating both guys and the Islanders are on fire. Just a tremendous coach.

Comment

Not just Bellows. Wahlstrom as well. I had serious doubts about him. Trotz integrating both guys and the Islanders are on fire. Just a tremendous coach.
                            I still can't understand how Washington let Trotz walk.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• On most nights in Hockey East BU is going to be on the wrong side of the coaching advantage. They have to rely on being more talented with individual players skill set. I would love to see what Leaman or Bazin could do with this roster.

Comment

• Just my opinion, but 2C is where BU is lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X