Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BU can only finish as low as 3rd so avoiding BC until title game is already accomplished. This game today determines your path to the title game. Taking upsets out of the equation, your path as #2 would be UML and home to UMass. As #3, it would be NU and then at UMass.
    Needless to say, the UMass result yesterday was a nice gift. It opens a door, and one that would be well worth walking through.

Comment

• Likely play Umass in the semi's at WBA, that will be to their advantage but Umass is a very good team and their keeper looks pretty solid. Very tough team.
      Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-06-2021, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

Needless to say, the UMass result yesterday was a nice gift. It opens a door, and one that would be well worth walking through.
        And they instead walk into a wall. Two too many men penalties that turn into UML goal. :face palm:

Comment

• Probably worst game of the year. Dumb penalties. No offensive zone time and awful on face off for yet get the tie/win. Ugly. If they are going to make a run they need to be way better in all areas.

Comment

• That was ugly. Lowell deserved to win.

Idea: Tell the team Farrance and Cockerill are out, play the 1st period without them and then have them appear on the bench for the 2nd. Anything to get back the team that played the two BC games.

BU Hockey: Mind Games
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Agree that the team was completely outplayed. I mean there were maybe 3 times all game (other than PPs) where we got more than one shot attempt off. We had no breakout whatsoever, whereas we could barely give UML any resistance on their breakouts. I noticed this years team more often than not passes the puck forward along the boards, rather than any sort of diagonal play to someone streaking through the middle. it rarely works. You can't really catch a guy in stride, and frankly, every third time it hits the linesman.

The good news is that after looking this way against Merrimack, we found a groove for at least part of the second game. So if we have to play UML again (likely), maybe that will happen again.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Possibly worst part was Albie suggested "the team played well." His teams rarely come ready to play and win the one on one battles. Soft!

Comment

• We'll play UML again unless UVM pulls out a win. Hope they play better than today or we could potentially be ending our season early.

Comment

• Meanwhile Oettinger got his first NHL shut-out yesterday. Good to see, because the history of Terrier goalies in the NHL is not a pretty one.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• As I have paying absolutely no attention to ratings/rankings/whatever I don’t have a clue as to what’s next. When will BU play again and against whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        As I have paying absolutely no attention to ratings/rankings/whatever I don’t have a clue as to what’s next. When will BU play again and against whom?
                        According to CHN they’re at home next Sunday at 4.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Shhhh. Nobody tell Scarlet that Adam Wodon has BU & BC in the Bridgeport bracket. *ducks and hides*
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

According to CHN they’re at home next Sunday at 4.
                            But, given that yesterday’s BU-UML game was the last game of the season for the league, shouldn’t the tournament be confirmed as of today? Or am I missing something? Is there another game?

And Bomber - hee!

Comment

• The first round games are confirmed for Wednesday. Because it's a COVID season, all teams make playoffs. UVM at UML and UNH vs. Maine in a top secret location for the ridiculous reason of Maine not being allowed to play at home. Reseed after those games for QF round on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                The first round games are confirmed for Wednesday. Because it's a COVID season, all teams make playoffs. UVM at UML and UNH vs. Maine in a top secret location for the ridiculous reason of Maine not being allowed to play at home. Reseed after those games for QF round on Sunday.
                                BU will play UML unless UVM upsets them. Then BU would play winner of ME and UNH.

Comment

Working...
                                X