Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    I read that Commesso and Ferrance are practicing and are just ticking off days of the BU set return to play Covid protocol policy.
    If they're able to practice with the team, presumably at full speed, what is the logic of this BU policy that won't allow them to play games?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Comment


    • According to my trainer buddy players ramp
      back up to get into playing shape and then get final sign off after a certain amount of days. They are recovered from covid but need various milestones to hit prior to getting clearance for game play. Varies school to school.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        According to my trainer buddy players ramp
        back up to get into playing shape and then get final sign off after a certain amount of days. They are recovered from covid but need various milestones to hit prior to getting clearance for game play. Varies school to school.
        Gotcha, that makes more sense. I read that as players are allowed to return to full practice and are waiting for an arbitrary period of time imposed by BU. When you assume...
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

        Comment


        • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

          Not snow. A friend at UConn messaged me tonight it's definitely on BU's end and definitely not Covid-related.
          NCAA Rules & Interpretations
          5.2 Players in Uniform - At the beginning of each game, the coach of each team shall list the players and goalkeepers who shall be eligible to play in the game. A maximum of 19 players, plus not more than three nor less than two goalkeepers, shall be permitted; and a captain shall be designated.
          If Abel needs another day to be able, that would explain today's cancellation and tomorrow's game on.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

          Comment


          • But it doesn't explain why they haven't re-scheduled Friday's game for, like, Sunday. Or Tuesday.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

              NCAA Rules & Interpretations
              5.2 Players in Uniform - At the beginning of each game, the coach of each team shall list the players and goalkeepers who shall be eligible to play in the game. A maximum of 19 players, plus not more than three nor less than two goalkeepers, shall be permitted...
              Despite that still being in rule 5.2, a change to rule 5.3 explicitly allows having only one goalie:

              5.3 Goalkeeper -... A team is allowed to start a game with one goalkeeper. If the starting goalkeeper is unable to continue (e.g., injury, penalty, etc.), a delay of game penalty must be assessed if time is needed to have another skater change into the equipment of the goalkeeper. Additionally, teams have the option of playing with six skaters to avoid a penalty. Except when all goalkeepers are incapacitated, another player shall not be permitted to wear the equipment of the goalkeeper.

              So, once again the NCAA has conflicting rules, but as the rule change to 5.3 is new for 2020-22, it was likely an oversight that rule 5.2 wasn't updated.

              Sean
              Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-20-2021, 01:18 PM.
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

              BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

              Comment


              • I played a club game at UGA where the only goalie for Embry-Riddle got kicked out. So he had to take his gear off on the bench for another kid to wear. Since he (and most of his team, and especially the coach) were so livid at the refs at that point, he pulled a bit of a nutty and skated around the ice completely naked and went to the locker room that way. While we didn't get many fans to our games, there were some in attendance. The police showed up - not sure if he got in any legal trouble.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                Comment


                • Bench minor for delay of game ?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    I played a club game at UGA where the only goalie for Embry-Riddle got kicked out. So he had to take his gear off on the bench for another kid to wear. Since he (and most of his team, and especially the coach) were so livid at the refs at that point, he pulled a bit of a nutty and skated around the ice completely naked and went to the locker room that way. While we didn't get many fans to our games, there were some in attendance. The police showed up - not sure if he got in any legal trouble.
                    Slap Shot-esque!

                    I hope we get to enjoy some hockey this evening. BU really needs the game.
                    It Happened!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                      Bench minor for delay of game ?
                      Hah - I don't remember. The penalties were piling up. They didn't like a sequence where there was no call when one of their guys was partially hooked on a breakaway, then down at the other end, they awarded a goal to us, when the goalie caught the puck but it appeared his glove was behind the goal line. The coach got kicked out too and was screaming at the ref from the other side of the glass once he left the rink. His players kept delaying the face-off, so more penalties. It was an ugly, but memorable game.

                      And yes, Bomber, somewhat "Slap-shot-esque". The only difference was he wasn't smiling as we was skating around.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                      Comment


                      • Yippee!

                        now bedtime for some zzzzzzzzzzz
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                        Comment


                        • So, can post-grad transfers (Max Kaufman) return next season, if they wish?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                          Comment


                          • This team is legit.
                            It Happened!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              This team is legit.
                              You know they are when they play poorly and still can pull out the victory! They didn’t look to good in the first period. But Vinny!! Liking him more and more with each game. Also, I did not understand the reason why they were allowed to play with one goalie today and not allowed yesterday. I think to make up for this craziness, Hockey East and the two schools need to reschedule and play, like, Monday. Or Tuesday.

                              Comment


                              • I cannot see how Albie can sit Duplessis when Drew comes back. There at least has to be a platoon. Kid looks like the second coming of John Curry.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X