Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do all schools in hockey east have same rules about not playing or practicing-seems shutting down much more quickly than college football teams across the country?
    Losing 3 key players to world junior team has me less concerned about not playing to 2020.
    I'm just wondering if it is university policy. It seems to me if that is the case the current coach would have less juice with administration than Quinn or Parker

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      do all schools in hockey east have same rules about not playing or practicing-seems shutting down much more quickly than college football teams across the country?
      Losing 3 key players to world junior team has me less concerned about not playing to 2020.
      I'm just wondering if it is university policy. It seems to me if that is the case the current coach would have less juice with administration than Quinn or Parker
      Based on BU's Covid protocols for all students, I can't imagine any coach would have enough juice to override those rules. All students who test positive are placed in isolation housing near the Wheelock campus (I think) and all students deemed close contacts of positive individuals are placed in HoJo for 14 days which is designated as close contact housing, no exceptions. I think your only option is you leave campus for the semester.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Based on BU's Covid protocols for all students, I can't imagine any coach would have enough juice to override those rules. All students who test positive are placed in isolation housing near the Wheelock campus (I think) and all students deemed close contacts of positive individuals are placed in HoJo for 14 days which is designated as close contact housing, no exceptions. I think your only option is you leave campus for the semester.
        Agree with that- However do you need to shut down the entire program if it is limited to 3-4 players
        And if yes for how long
        BU in general has done a great job all fall with a spike in last week

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post

Agree with that- However do you need to shut down the entire program if it is limited to 3-4 players
          And if yes for how long
          Unclear, it'd depend on how much contact that player had had with the rest of the team. Though it seems likely if a player tested positive, most if not all other players would be considered close contacts. It's not like football where most practices are outdoors and groups of players sometimes never interact with one another face to face.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Of course it depends on what the NHL decides to do, but if they get their act together, there are probably some collegians that just bail altogether an go to the bubble.
            "What about my asthma?"
            "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
              Of course it depends on what the NHL decides to do, but if they get their act together, there are probably some collegians that just bail altogether an go to the bubble.
              The NHL is not doing a bubble.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Unclear, it'd depend on how much contact that player had had with the rest of the team. Though it seems likely if a player tested positive, most if not all other players would be considered close contacts. It's not like football where most practices are outdoors and groups of players sometimes never interact with one another face to face.
                Merrimack is playing Massachusetts right now- They have dressed 9 forwards and 7 defensemen- Obviously some sort of outbreak there

Comment

That goes back to your point. It sounds like if that same situation happened to BU, they wouldn't play. So I have no idea what the "rules" are here.

Comment

heard the 3 BU players selected to world junior team are not going because of Covid
                    Not sure if permanently out .. However team just added Kleven from North Dakota
                    Does anyone really know what extent of Covid has hit team

Comment

BU has the strictest protocols I have heard of. Merrimack/PC have had several
                      players test positive and the teams continue to practice without the players who tested positive. BU on the other hand paused the entire men’s team. Not saying which is right or wrong but there are different rules for each program.

Comment

The BU kids will not play in the World Junior tournament. That really sucks for them. BU Hockey will not play a game this year. #MyPrediction

Congrats on your *National Championship BC!

See you in 2022.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Absolutely brutal for those 3 kids to not get the chance to play for the US team. You have to feel gutted for them.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            The BU kids will not play in the World Junior tournament. That really sucks for them. BU Hockey will not play a game this season. #MyPrediction

Congrats on your *National Championship BC!

See you in 2022.
                            Fixed your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Absolutely brutal for those 3 kids to not get the chance to play for the US team. You have to feel gutted for them.
                              Agree.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The BU kids will not play in the World Junior tournament. That really sucks for them.
                                It does. I assume this was a USA hockey decision based upon direct COVID exposure? (Or possibly even one of these kids testing positive themselves?)

BU Hockey will not play a game this year. #MyPrediction
                                Very possible, although seemingly depends on what Covid does. If numbers keep spiking I wouldn't be surprised to see all of hockey east get shut down but who knows what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X