Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defkit
    replied
    I was living in ATL in 2000. Saw the "first part" of the 4OT game at a bar (the designated BU location), but I think it eventually went off air. But honestly, I'm not sure. I know the bar didn't switch to the Celtics the way the local station here did.

I do remember that some idiot poster was jumping all over Dan Cavanaugh for costing us the game...as if any player should have legs after two full games.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post

My bad for screwing up the abbreviations. 5-3 W against SCSU. Then 6 hours of a bizillion saves against SLU. Thank God that was a Noon start. I was there, so didn't experience the TV shenanigans.
    I remember calling my mom to ask her to tape the Oscars. Since the game started at noon, I thought we would be home in time for the start of the show but nooooo.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh, I just meant that weekend. BU beat SCSU and then lost to SLU in the OT game.
    My bad for screwing up the abbreviations. 5-3 W against SCSU. Then 6 hours of a bizillion saves against SLU. Thank God that was a Noon start. I was there, so didn't experience the TV shenanigans.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Oh, I just meant that weekend. BU beat SCSU and then lost to SLU in the OT game.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Yikes on the Yip story. BU beat SLU 5-3 in 2000. I don't think that's the off air/back on air game, but 21 years ago was 21 years ago.

Happy to have bonus hockey. I hope all teams make it to the weekend healthy and virus free.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by BU93 View Post
    So, St Cloud in Albany - deja vu from 2000. It will be a good test. Here’s hoping this year’s version of Albany ends up a little better than that one at the end of the weekend.
    Sean Pickett will know this for sure but what I remember about the SLU game was the broadcast went off air because of a Celtics game and then came BACK to the hockey game that was still going on once the Celtics game ended. Do I have that right?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    My wife somehow came across this and asked if I had ever heard of Brandon Yip:

https://www.universalhub.com/2021/ch...owned-canadian

Leave a comment:

• BU93
    replied
    So, St Cloud in Albany - deja vu from 2000. It will be a good test. Here’s hoping this year’s version of Albany ends up a little better than that one at the end of the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Is anyone going? *smilie*
    Hey, Albany is allowing fans! Bridgeport is not.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

We play at 6:30 Saturday.
    Is anyone going? *smilie*

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    So, yeah. Albany. Have game times been announced?
    We play at 6:30 Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied
    Was kind of hoping for an old time BU-Lake State game.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    So, yeah. Albany. Have game times been announced?

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Interesting to see the equipment, and remember some of those BU players, Danby Stirling etc (ugh) and Dean Blais for Minnie. I like the more subdued celebrations after a goal, guys acting like they have done it before, rather than the Euro football histrionics.
    A couple other observations: 1) stand up goalies looked very off-balance on a regular basis 2) Minnesota's headgear looked like that won by boxers when they are practicing.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    CHN'S bracket projection--taking into account tonight's conference championship games--has BU as the #3 seed in the Northeast regional, facing #2 seed Wisconsin.

Fargo
    1. North Dakota vs. 4. St. Lawrence
    2. Minnesota State vs. 3. Minnesota-Duluth

Loveland
    1. Minnesota vs. 4. Omaha
    2. St. Cloud State vs 3. Lake Superior

Bridgeport
    1. Boston College vs. 4. American International
    2. Michigan vs. 3. Quinnipiac

Albany
    1. Massachusetts vs. 4. Providence
    2. Wisconsin vs. 3. Boston University

FWIW, USCHO's bracketology--done two days ago--offered two scenarios. In one, BU is the #3 seed in Bridgeport, facing #2 seed St. Cloud. In the other, BU is a #4, facing #1 seed Minnesota in Loveland, Colorado.
    SLU winning actually helped bump us up since they must be a 4 seed, AIC is pretty solid as a 4 seed and the two other at-larges from the PC, UML, Omaha, Denver, Notre Dame, Bowling Green pool will not be a 3 seed above us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X