Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meanwhile, we now live in a world where:
    - a Senior Assistant Captain is just announced as "done for the year" without any additional details.
    - The team's #1 goalie and Hobey worthy D-man miss a series against BC with no explanation as to why
    - The team captain has been out for a month with no update or even "Upper body/lower body" disclosure on his injury

    Death to Journalism. Love live journalism.
    It Happened!!!!

    Comment


    • Cockerill returns, on top line with O'Brien and Kaufman. Duplessis in goal.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

      Comment


      • 1 to nothing. I'll take it.

        Another good night for Duplessis.

        One camera video was tough to watch. And the announcing was not my taste. Turned the sound down and listened to Lenahan and Bernie on my phone.

        On to tomorrow night!

        Comment


        • Ugly but a win is a win.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
            1 to nothing. I'll take it.

            Another good night for Duplessis.

            One camera video was tough to watch. And the announcing was not my taste. Turned the sound down and listened to Lenahan and Bernie on my phone.

            On to tomorrow night!
            A good night becuase he had to do next to nothing to do. If there were ever a "rocking chair" shutout, this was it.

            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

            Comment


            • Hard to imagine the improvement in Vlasic this year- Also McCarthy is much improved
              Power play 0-4 really misses Farrance

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                Ugly but a win is a win.
                Oh is it now...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by J.D. View Post

                  Oh is it now...
                  Yes.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by J.D. View Post

                    Oh is it now...
                    #1 in Hockey East right now....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

                      Yes.
                      I agree

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                        And the announcing was not my taste. Turned the sound down and listened to Lenahan and Bernie on my phone.
                        I agree. I believe it was her first game. Hopefully she gets better.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          I agree. I believe it was her first game. Hopefully she gets better.
                          FWIW, I could not have done better myself! That's an acquired skill.

                          And I have NO idea how the horserace announcers do it. That's just cuckoo.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Meanwhile, we now live in a world where:
                            - a Senior Assistant Captain is just announced as "done for the year" without any additional details.
                            - The team's #1 goalie and Hobey worthy D-man miss a series against BC with no explanation as to why
                            - The team captain has been out for a month with no update or even "Upper body/lower body" disclosure on his injury

                            Death to Journalism. Love live journalism.
                            Not for nothing, but mookie approves of health related anonymity

                            1) privacy is good
                            2) why expose areas to future opponents for targeting
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                            Comment


                            • Not sure if I was the only one, but in addition to the audio dropping in the third, I could barely catch anything the color commentator was saying through the whole broadcast - he kept cutting out, so I would catch like every third word he said. Then just before it went away completely, her microphone seemed to start doing the same thing. So maybe they shut it off on purpose at that point. Then, with my sound cranked up on the TV (attached to the laptop) since the sound on these streams needs full blast for some reason, the arena sound kicked on and scared the living crap out of me.

                              I actually liked it when we could only hear the arena sound. Reminded me of being in the rink watching one of my sons games.

                              I agree that I would absolutely suck at doing play-by-play, so kudos to anyone that tries. But I did have to laugh every time she said "No Good" when a shot was saved. I guess she does basketball normally?
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                              Comment


                              • Kudos to the Vermont coaching staff - they effectively shut down a BU team that had been playing very well. Once this new coach gets his own players, I suspect they will be a much better program.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X