Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemonade
    replied
    BU needs to find some players that can put the puck in the net. Matt Brown from UML would be the #1 guy on my list. Just a sophomore and would make a great addition up front.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Quercia transferring.

Albies entire first recruiting class is gone before they're seniors.
    Albie doing some spring cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied
    Quercia transferring.

Wonder if he already knows where he is going
    Not very productive but did good job killing penalties
    Maybe could find a home at Ohio State with 3 other BU players

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Quercia transferring.

Leave a comment:

• BU Fan 84
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post

Exactly. I see good systems when I watch those two teams along with UMass. At PC, the success has led to improved recruiting as well (at least in terms of landing some USNTDP guys, which I know isn't always the best thing as we have been discussing).
    "Improved recruiting" hasn't resulted in any real improvements, though. Both guys have been there long enough that their history of "success" should have resulted in better recruits. Which should then, in turn, result in something better than the NCAA tournament bubble. It hasn't, and that makes me wary of these guys.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post

So trying to win through the draft as opposed to signing free agents. Got it.

I'd love to see them trade a few forwards for a solid stay-at-home defenseman. Who's available?

BU Hockey: Professional Grade
    Huh? Are you advocating Albie cut a crap load of forwards and try to backfill through the transfer portal?

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied
    I'd pass on Cullen...

https://www.uscho.com/2021/02/07/wch...nnesota-state/

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    The best names I have seen on defense are Will Cullen from BG and Chase Blackmun from UML. Cullen will be 25! at the start of next season. Three productive years at BG. Blackmun is 22. Three good years at UML for him. Not sure either would be classified as stay at home though. Michael Karow was a pretty good stay at home dman this year!

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of our forwards leave, particularly those who haven't been able to crack the lineup.

Rising Seniors/superseniors: Cockerill Amonte Kaufman Quercia
    Rising Juniors: Armstrong Boguslavsky Mastro JOB Stevens Phillips Skoog
    Rising Sophomores: Zabaneh Tuch Peterson

That's 14 forwards without counting the incoming freshmen. Of those, the 10 bolded players are sharpied in the lineup every night if healthy. Not a lot of space up front.
    So trying to win through the draft as opposed to signing free agents. Got it.

I'd love to see them trade a few forwards for a solid stay-at-home defenseman. Who's available?

BU Hockey: Professional Grade

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Not sure they have much room. They only lost Farrance/Deboer/witkowski/wise to my knowledge. They probably Can take 4 incoming recruits and be all set roster size wise.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of our forwards leave, particularly those who haven't been able to crack the lineup.

Rising Seniors/superseniors: Cockerill Amonte Kaufman Quercia
    Rising Juniors: Armstrong Boguslavsky Mastro JOB Stevens Phillips Skoog
    Rising Sophomores: Zabaneh Tuch Peterson

That's 14 forwards without counting the incoming freshmen. Of those, the 10 bolded players are sharpied in the lineup every night if healthy. Not a lot of space up front.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Given what PC and UML were before those guys arrived, that 12-20 PWR ranking is pretty damn good. The thinking is what could those guys do with the talent pool BU usually gets players from.
    I'm still waiting for the 2019 & 2020 NCAA report from UML, as well as PC's 2020 Form 990, but here are the total annual compensation reported for Coaches Leaman and Bazin:

Bazin Leaman
    Year Total Total
    2012 294,690
    2013 354,641 332,441
    2014 425,310 388,061
    2015 432,988 449,788
    2016 489,315 547,962
    2017 569,350 586,475
    2018 620,872 572,862
    2019 932,238

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-06-2021, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    So, BU hasn't been active in the transfer frenzy. Not interested? Rumors, hearsay?
    Not sure they have much room. They only lost Farrance/Deboer/witkowski/wise to my knowledge. They probably Can take 4 incoming recruits and be all set roster size wise.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    So, BU hasn't been active in the transfer frenzy. Not interested? Rumors, hearsay?

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Given what PC and UML were before those guys arrived, that 12-20 PWR ranking is pretty damn good. The thinking is what could those guys do with the talent pool BU usually gets players from.
    Exactly. I see good systems when I watch those two teams along with UMass. At PC, the success has led to improved recruiting as well (at least in terms of landing some USNTDP guys, which I know isn't always the best thing as we have been discussing).

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X