Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is up with Cockerill?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
      What is up with Cockerill?
      I would guess some level of concussion - based on the hit that he took against UMass. Hopefully we see him back soon.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

      Comment


      • Thanks for the answers to my questions. There's a lot to like with this team. Here's hoping they can complete the season.
        It Happened!!!!

        Comment


        • Solid start to a very challenging season. Super happy for Albie and our squad. Only complaint is the lack of information around the team including injuries. I've been all over the web and see zero updates re: Ty Amonte. What really happened? P.S. Watching Trevor Zegras play for the San Diego Gulls is entertaining as heck. The online stream is free. Can't wait for Z to join the Ducks and see him go up against Clayton Keller and the Coyotes.

          Comment


          • Albie stated in a press conference that amonte is out for season. Not sure what injury is but he did mention that. As far as information goes I think this year is especially touchy with covid and Medical info laws - I don’t think we are going to get normal injury updates. Cockerill was hit in head during umass game so one would assume he is in concussion protocol. Great start for the team this year. Seems like team has a more unselfish, gritty and team like bond compared to years past when some guys acted like superstars. It’s refreshing and the results show.

            Comment


            • It's not just this year, the program has gotten increasingly secretive with injury reports over the past few years, going back to Quinn. With the student paper as the only outlet who covers them on a regular basis, it's easy for them to call everything an undisclosed injury.

              We don't need the players' personal injury or health information, but for those who follow the team it'd be nice to know when you turn a game on why top players are suddenly not in the lineup.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

              Comment


              • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                It's not just this year, the program has gotten increasingly secretive with injury reports over the past few years, going back to Quinn. With the student paper as the only outlet who covers them on a regular basis, it's easy for them to call everything an undisclosed injury.

                We don't need the players' personal injury or health information, but for those who follow the team it'd be nice to know when you turn a game on why top players are suddenly not in the lineup.
                I understand HIPAA and protected health information - I deal with it every day at work. But it would be nice if we could get hockey-related injury information. If a player is injured in practice or during a game, then maybe that information should be available. A lot of people on here (and not on here) essentially bankroll the program. You'd think the hockey-related stuff would be available so that the people who put up some of the money would be able to know what is going on with their investment (since, after all, BU kindly lets us know we can donate our securities so that these guys can play college hockey....).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

                  I understand HIPAA and protected health information - I deal with it every day at work. But it would be nice if we could get hockey-related injury information. If a player is injured in practice or during a game, then maybe that information should be available. A lot of people on here (and not on here) essentially bankroll the program. You'd think the hockey-related stuff would be available so that the people who put up some of the money would be able to know what is going on with their investment (since, after all, BU kindly lets us know we can donate our securities so that these guys can play college hockey....).
                  I think with HIPAA and the trend to not disclose injuries for a competitive advantage reason is the new norm. Telling your opponent that a player has been out with a sore shoulder may not be the best idea.

                  Comment


                  • This week's USCHO poll is out and B.U. is ranked #15. The Terriers earned mention on this week's Podcast by Jim Connelly and Ed Trefzger. David Farrance gets some well deserved kudos. They also mention some guy named Jerry York who has a few wins. (LOL) https://www.uscho.com/2021/01/25/mil...-3-episode-10/.

                    Comment


                    • Oh boy. Boston College this weekend. Friday night's game is on NESN.

                      Comment


                      • Cockerill should we back which is big. Hopefully Wise & Phillips but not sure about their situation. Either way Knight is going to be a tough one to beat. He hasn't lost a game yet (not counting shootout). Going to be a good test for the Terriers.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cridge View Post
                          Cockerill should we back which is big. Hopefully Wise & Phillips but not sure about their situation. Either way Knight is going to be a tough one to beat. He hasn't lost a game yet (not counting shootout). Going to be a good test for the Terriers.
                          Getting Cockerill back would be big. Is it wrong for me to say I'm not sure I want to put the other two guys back in the lineup, when we have won 5 in a row? They have skill for sure, but this team is playing well...
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by defkit View Post

                            Getting Cockerill back would be big. Is it wrong for me to say I'm not sure I want to put the other two guys back in the lineup, when we have won 5 in a row? They have skill for sure, but this team is playing well...
                            I'm with you. I don't miss Wise at all. Phillips... I guess.

                            Meanwhile, are we ever going to find out what happened to Ty? Remember when BU had a student newspaper?
                            It Happened!!!!

                            Comment


                            • https://goterriers.com/news/2021/1/2...ide-pause.aspx
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                              Comment


                              • So not even a rise within the athletic department? Come on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X