Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvel's revenge. Sabotaging BUs season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Albie = clueless ...
      Please refrain from personal attacks on Coach O'Connell. You can make your case for his coaching abilities (or lack thereof) just as well without them.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• It looks like the title of this thread was prescience.

BU Hockey: Road to Nowhere ...
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Will there any games this weekend? Just saw the BC-NU series was cancelled and I think Vermont as well. This is ridiculous. Just stop it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Will there any games this weekend? Just saw the BC-NU series was cancelled and I think Vermont as well. This is ridiculous. Just stop it all.
            Pretty much half of Hockey East is on pause right now. This is really becoming a fruitless season. How do some teams expect to compete with they cant practice or play in weeks? BU had 4 practices over 38 days then had to play two games and you expect these kids to look good on the ice? Good luck with that. Glad the NCAA has awarded all these kids an extra year of eligibility because this year is looking like a wash.

Comment

• Would be curious to compare Hockey East protocol to other leagues. I don't think the Big Ten and NCHC have had the cancellations Hockey East has had. If certain programs want to throw in the towel, go right ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemonade View Post

pretty much half of hockey east is on pause right now. This is really becoming a fruitless season. How do some teams expect to compete with they cant practice or play in weeks? Bu had 4 practices over 38 days then had to play two games and Rover expects these kids to look good on the ice? Good luck with that. Glad the ncaa has awarded all these kids an extra year of eligibility because this year is looking like a wash.
                fyp.

Comment

• Aaaaand...the UMass series is on again. Sunday/Monday.

WAKEFIELD, Mass. - The Hockey East Association announced today the following schedule updates:
                  Massachusetts and Boston University are now scheduled to play a home-and-home series on January 17-18. Sunday’s game in Amherst will be seen live on NESN at 3:30 p.m.
                  Hockey East Upcoming Schedule:
                  Saturday, January 16
                  Maine at Providence (Men) - 4:40 p.m. (NESN)
                  UConn at New Hampshire (Men) – 5:00 p.m.
                  New Hampshire at UConn (Women) – 6:00 p.m.
                  Boston College at Holy Cross (Women) – 6:30 p.m. (NESN+)
                  Merrimack at Boston College (Men) - 7:00 p.m. (NESN)
                  Sunday, January 17
                  Merrimack at Providence (Women) – 1:00 p.m.
                  Maine at Northeastern (Women) - 2:00 p.m. (NESN+)
                  Boston University at Massachusetts - 3:30 p.m. (NESN)
                  Boston College at Merrimack (Men) - 4:00 p.m.
                  Monday, January 18
                  Massachusetts at Boston University - 3:00 p.m.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Steve Metcalf just trolling everyone at this point

Comment

• We have a goalie
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        We have a goalie
                        We also have depth at both forward and defense, which has already been critical and will likely continue to be. Maybe not as much high end talent at forward as years past, but solid through 4 lines so far.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Will someone tell me what happened on Dylan Peterson's goal, please? I've watched the replay many times, but I can't figure out the sequence of events. The UMass goalie is at the side of the net. He appears to have the puck on his stick. I don't see how the puck ended up on the other side of the UMass net.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Carvel: "I thought we had good energy, but I give BU a lot of credit, they blocked a lot of shots, they played with desperation, especially in the third period,..."

BU blocked 19 shots with 13 coming in the third. Kaufman, Mastro and Armstrong each had two blocks. 16 of the 19 blocks by forwards.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• It's nice to see Logan Cockerill finally stepping up and playing to his potential. They are taking waaaaaay too many penalties. Gotta fix that. Glad they got this one in. I expect an L today.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                Will someone tell me what happened on Dylan Peterson's goal, please? I've watched the replay many times, but I can't figure out the sequence of events. The UMass goalie is at the side of the net. He appears to have the puck on his stick. I don't see how the puck ended up on the other side of the UMass net.
                                UMass' goalie Matt Murray stopped the puck along the boards and then made a pass back to his defenseman on the far side. Instead of skating toward the puck the d-man waited for it and Jamie Armstrong skated in hard and was able to intercept the puck just in front of him and send a pass through the crease to Peterson, who snapped it past Murray. The camera work wasn't the best, so you don't actually see Murray stopping the puck and then passing it, nor do you actually see Armstrong intercepting the puck as both actions are at the edge of the screen/off-screen. It's one of the three goals the UMass announcers called self-inflicted, as if the BU players had nothing to do with them.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X