X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottomdweller
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    From the Lowell Sun today, Lowell's next game is scheduled for this Sunday at home against Providence. The article didn't list a time. We'll see if it happens.
    https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/12/08...y-open-season/

Norm also confirmed the transfer of Owen Savory and he's eligible to play next semester. Norm making public comments would lead me to believe it's official now.
    At this rate, Savory will be able to play the whole season

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    From the Lowell Sun today, Lowell's next game is scheduled for this Sunday at home against Providence. The article didn't list a time. We'll see if it happens.
    https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/12/08...y-open-season/

Norm also confirmed the transfer of Owen Savory and he's eligible to play next semester. Norm making public comments would lead me to believe it's official now.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    So if we keep not playing, we'll be #1 by the end of January!
    Now they are up to 8th!

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied
    With UVM and now BU not coming back to play, I wonder if we'll see a Commonwealth clash this weekend. UMass had BU on the schedule this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    I'd have to double check what college football is doing but I don't think they postpone because of one positive test. If that is Hockey East's plan for a season I am not sure a season will really ever get off the ground. Let's hope the teams can get into some kind of groove like BC football which hasn't had any COVID cases.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    How many positive tests?
    As far as we know - 1, but the entire team had to be quarantined, which is why the games this weekend were postponed.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    How many positive tests?

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    As expected, the games against BC this weekend are officially postponed as well.

Despite not playing a game yet, Lowell moved up to #10 in both polls this week.
    So if we keep not playing, we'll be #1 by the end of January!

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    As expected, the games against BC this weekend are officially postponed as well.

Despite not playing a game yet, Lowell moved up to #10 in both polls this week.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Never saw anything about this in the long offseason, but the team's new Director of Hockey Operations this season is Dylan Zink.
    he sounds familiar...

edit: this software is a nightmare, i have a winking emoji in case the subtle joke misses

edit #2: I'll admit the subheading did have a point... mostly that the COVID environment is going to pose an ongoing hassle and that the season will move one day at a time.. What I'd "like" to see if the NCAA would extend the schedule out a month to May if they can get the venue to work with everybody. Pro team relationships probably mean it won't... but if this season went to one month to six weeks out that'd make a big difference.
    Last edited by Patman; 11-28-2020, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Never saw anything about this in the long offseason, but the team's new Director of Hockey Operations this season is Dylan Zink.

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Opener PPD at 10:50pm on Friday night

https://twitter.com/riverhawkhockey/...763080194?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    UMass Lowell basketball takes down a (last season) competitive 20-win WCC team in the San Francisco Dons 76-68 down at Mohegan Sun. The Dons committed 21 second half fouls.

edit: this is the first time Lowell has won to start the season as a Division 1 squad

edit #2: these two teams were 200 ranks apart last year on one of the more reliable computer rankings
    Last edited by Patman; 11-25-2020, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Lowell is now playing PC at home this Saturday at 4pm.
    Wonder why PC-BC was moved?????

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Lowell is now playing PC at home this Saturday at 4pm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X