• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Wow, this is a mess.
    Yup. Hopefully the Hawks can get back on the ice soon, It's getting late. Teams need to play at least 13 games in order to qualify for the NCAA tourney.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Wow, this is a mess.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    No Lowell games scheduled for this weekend according to today's HE press release.
    http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...january-19.php

UMass Lowell Hockey @RiverHawkHockey
    The River Hawks' #HockeyEast series against UConn, scheduled for Jan. 22-23, has been postponed.
    Last edited by boblav1; 01-19-2021, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Any update on what's going on with the program?

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied
    Just announced in the latest Hockey East press release. Lowell will not be playing next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

You don't know that it's a player who tested positive. It could be a coach or staff member. Coaches and staff can't isolate at home and have family members who might be in a job where they are exposed. I don't think it's fair to just instantly blame the players.
    could be the coaches... and you're reading in more than I wanted to say. I stopped where I did because I didn't want to blame the players. I'm not so much relying on them to stay healthy away from covid, i'm relying on them to buoy my sanity by playing hockey. That much is a fact regardless of who within the program tested positive.

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post

No kidding. UMass has played like 14 games, we've played 4. Obviously I can't know what's going on but I'll hope they're doing their best to moderate their behavior. I hate to say I'm relying on a bunch of 18-24 year olds but these games help get through this time of isolation.
    You don't know that it's a player who tested positive. It could be a coach or staff member. Coaches and staff can't isolate at home and have family members who might be in a job where they are exposed. I don't think it's fair to just instantly blame the players.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

One step forward, two steps back.
    No kidding. UMass has played like 14 games, we've played 4. Obviously I can't know what's going on but I'll hope they're doing their best to moderate their behavior. I hate to say I'm relying on a bunch of 18-24 year olds but these games help get through this time of isolation.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Well, never you mind.

Lowell's games against Merrimack this weekend, and the newly scheduled one against Amherst on Tuesday, are now all postponed. Positive tests at Lowell.
    One step forward, two steps back.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Feels so weird to have a home/home against Merrimack, and not be able to go.
    Well, never you mind.

Lowell's games against Merrimack this weekend, and the newly scheduled one against Amherst on Tuesday, are now all postponed. Positive tests at Lowell.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Feels so weird to have a home/home against Merrimack, and not be able to go.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    UMass at Lowell next Tuesday at 4:00 pm. Unless something changes that's 3 games in 4 days.

Hockey East Announces Schedule Updates (January 6) - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

I have no idea how HE is putting together the schedule but I'm a bit surprise UMass is getting another game, it will be their 14th. All the other teams have played far less.
    Fewer.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    UMass at Lowell next Tuesday at 4:00 pm. Unless something changes that's 3 games in 4 days.

Hockey East Announces Schedule Updates (January 6) - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

I have no idea how HE is putting together the schedule but I'm a bit surprise UMass is getting another game, it will be their 14th. All the other teams have played far less.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    9-10 loss... oh lord

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post
    9-5 in a wild one... hooboy. Wild weekend ends up in 4 points or 6 points or god knows what these days.

edit: Scott, I assume this is most goals in a league game?
    Tied the school record for most goals in a Hockey East game, done 3 times before

12/3/1987 9-0 vs Northeastern
    2/27/1990 9-10 (OT) at Merrimack
    1/15/1995 9-0 at Merrimack

Leave a comment:

Working...
X