Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patman
    replied
    the parts i've seen when I remember to watch... defense is just terrible. I do wonder what goes into each stop of the program... is it a two week group isolation and no activities? Then of course we're going to play like trash. Is it some hybrid? Do some get to practice and play? How much does game play get into teaching... or have we just not been recruiting the correct players for some dumb luck reason and we're on a bad cycle?

I know the mantra/maxim is you can teach any player defense... well... can we see it? Has COVID been a hamper on that instruction?

I've been wanting to email the AD about COVID protocols vis a vis the hockey team... I suppose it could go to other athletic teams in the schools program but I like hockey. I don't want to know to criticize aggressiveness/passivity of those protocols (if you follow some of the political arguments and that trash)... I want to know to know if our multiple stops have real consequences so I understand more. Does it mean that we're behind the others just down to the unfortunately case of happenstance and that happenstance dictates no practices or physical activity? I mean if that's the case then I expect us to be behind all season and while unfortunate is just the way things go. I haven't sent the email because its line 18 million on my list of things in my life and I might not get a response. I find the performance of this team to be mildly disturbing. We have games like the 9-5 game against Maine where it looks like we are capable of raw destruction... and yet we've had awful performances to follow it up. Worse, is I feel like Savory got kinda hung out there and I don't know about the new guys but I doubt the player that was at RPI left his game in Troy.

In short, I want our defense back and I worry why we don't have it as its been a hallmark of UML teams under Bazin. But this season is a mess for very good reasons.
    Last edited by Patman; 02-17-2021, 07:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Two with Northeastern this weekend. NESN is broadcasting the Friday night game.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ebruary-16.php

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    This season went to **** really fast. There's just nothing out there, offensively, defensively, in net... nothing.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Easier to watch than Friday night's game but still a loss. Boy that 4 on 4 was brutal. Hopefully Carl Berglund is ok.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Matt Brown out of the lineup tonight. Jackson Sterrett making his debut.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLSec123 View Post
    This team is going nowhere fast. Horrible...
    It's going to be a long ride home.

Leave a comment:

• UMLSec123
    replied
    This team is going nowhere fast. Horrible...

Leave a comment:

• McMurphy
    replied
    What an embarrassing performance. This team is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    I know we're getting the stream in high enough quality because the graphics overlay looks crisp... but why on earth is the video of gameplay captured through a potato? Is it the compression software? What's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Lowell Sun article: River Hawks hopeful, ready for busy stretch

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
    Chase Blackmun had a great start. 6pts in 5 games. beside those stats ... what about his skating? strengh? grit? hockey-iq? could he get some interest from the scouts?
    Honestly, it's so tough tell on TV for many of these games. I wish I could say more, but some of the angles are so bad, feels like half the time you can't see who actually has the puck.

This week's schedule is out: Friday, home (6pm) UNH; Saturday, away (5pm) @ UNH; Tuesday (2/9), home UConn (5pm). The UConn game is on NESN.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Danger
    replied
    Chase Blackmun had a great start. 6pts in 5 games. beside those stats ... what about his skating? strengh? grit? hockey-iq? could he get some interest from the scouts?

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Well, that weekend happened.

About all there is to say. Completely rusty Friday night, and more lack of offense on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLSec123 View Post
    Looks like home and home with Amherst from what I'm hearing this weekend
    Yup, Friday at Amherst (8:00 pm) and Saturday at Lowell (7:00 pm)

Hockey East Announces Schedule Updates (January 26) - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

Leave a comment:

• UMLSec123
    replied
    Looks like home and home with Amherst from what I'm hearing this weekend

Leave a comment:

Working...
X