X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boblav1
    replied
    Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
    Colgate sr. defenseman Nick Austin and Nebraska Omaha so. forward Ryan Brushett, who were in the NCAA transfer portal, are headed to UMass Lowell.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../ryan-brushett

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...05/nick-austin

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Heh, hey at least in the case with the BG players, they didn't have a spot at BG. They are bringing in a big freshman class and all their seniors are going elsewhere.
    Sorry J.D., just trying to make a joke.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    BC's only allowed to steal from Bowling Green (three players already).
    Heh, hey at least in the case with the BG players, they didn't have a spot at BG. They are bringing in a big freshman class and all their seniors are going elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    " Mark Divver
    @MarkDivver
    ?
    14m
    Lowell's Matt Brown will transfer to Boston University, per source. Big add for Terriers. Significant interest from NCHC, Big Ten, Hockey East & ECAC schools"

Makes me wonder why the BC transfer fell through. Also, so far UML has been quiet regarding replacing him with another transfer student.
    The Heisenberg site is now showing Matt Brown to BU.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

It will be interesting to see how Norm fills the roster spots.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    It's hard for me to imagine Matt Brown not being a success at BU, but I was also expecting big things from the transfers that joined UML this past season, and I think even they would admit that they didn't meet expectations. I am optimistic they will perform better next year.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Makes me wonder why the BC transfer fell through. Also, so far UML has been quiet regarding replacing him with another transfer student.
    BC's only allowed to steal from Bowling Green (three players already).

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    " Mark Divver
    @MarkDivver
    ?
    14m
    Lowell's Matt Brown will transfer to Boston University, per source. Big add for Terriers. Significant interest from NCHC, Big Ten, Hockey East & ECAC schools"

Last edited by Middle Street; 04-19-2021, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    I saw this on the BC thread.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    On the CHN podcast that was released yesterday, Greg Carvel of all people revealed "I just talked to Norm Bazin and his best player is going to BC". Kinda bizarre for another coach to say that when nothing has been finalized. But anyway, who is UMLs best player? Brown or Blackmun?
    CHN On the Air, Including the CHN Insiders Podcast, and Hockey on Campus Radio Show on Sirius XM : College Hockey News

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    The best of luck to Nolan.

Nolan Sawchuk @versawchy4
    Thank you to everyone at UMass-Lowell for the last 3 years of hockey and school. Very excited for the opportunity to continue my hockey career and enter the graduate program at the University of St. Thomas! Thrilled to be a part of a new beginning for the program at the D1 level!

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Anthony Baxter is heading to RPI. I'm an RPI fan and was wondering if I could get some info on what kind of player we're getting. Thanks!
    Solid defensively. Won't do much on the offensive side (but did score a couple of huge goals for us and was a standout in the HE Semifinal). He doesn't miss a lot of games either. From what I've heard, a good person as well.

Best of luck to him.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Anthony Baxter is heading to RPI. I'm an RPI fan and was wondering if I could get some info on what kind of player we're getting. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Other teams have been busy in HE, including the National Champions. BC, UMass, Northeastern, Vermont and Merrimack have each picked up two, UConn and PC one each. Maine, BU, UNH and Lowell haven't yet gained a player.
    Transfer portal doesn't seem to be working for UNH, I think there were 2-3 outgoings at last count.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Other teams have been busy in HE, including the National Champions. BC, UMass, Northeastern, Vermont and Merrimack have each picked up two, UConn and PC one each. Maine, BU, UNH and Lowell haven't yet gained a player.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Nolan Sawchuk will be heading to St Thomas (CCHA) according to the Grand Forks Herald.

The Herald's 2021 men's college hockey transfer board | Grand Forks Herald

Leave a comment:

• DavidNardolillo
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Norm took advantage of a one-time situation. This stuff is the new normal and the predictable happens. A player that thinks he can do better elsewhere, develop to the NHL for example, moves some place with a more known track record for it.

Everybody saw it coming.
    I agree and this development issue is certainly playing out in the other affected sports. Football and basketball are going to have the same wild offseason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X