Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Pags was brought in as a good recruiter. So whomever the next assistant is will have to be strong on that.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Jeff Cox
    @JeffCoxSports
    Sources indicate UMass Lowell assistant coach Juliano Pagliero is heading to Penn State to take the place of Matt Lindsay, who left for UMass. Also, hearing more assistant coaching changes in Hockey East are imminent.
    NEHJ article speculates that former Maine assistant coach Ben Guite is the most likely candidate for the job. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Jeff Cox
    @JeffCoxSports
    Sources indicate UMass Lowell assistant coach Juliano Pagliero is heading to Penn State to take the place of Matt Lindsay, who left for UMass. Also, hearing more assistant coaching changes in Hockey East are imminent.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Just saw that as well. Hopefully he was informed of this beforehand? Maybe? For his sake anyway.
    A tough situation for everyone involved. Huntsville can't seem to catch a break.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    Bad news for him. Sucks. how does a school accept transfers and then cut the program in such a short window?
    https://***********/uahchargers/stat...704122880?s=21
    Just saw that as well. Hopefully he was informed of this beforehand? Maybe? For his sake anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jjmc85
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Dominick Procopio @the_domshow97 Apr 30
    I want to thank UMass-Lowell for an incredible 3-Years. I’ve made great friends and great memories there. With that being said, I’m beyond excited to continue my education and hockey career at The University of Alabama-Huntsville! I’m back in the south! #GoChargers

The best of luck to Dominick. I wonder if the Hawks will be visiting Hunstville next season.
    Bad news for him. Sucks. how does a school accept transfers and then cut the program in such a short window?
    https://***********/uahchargers/stat...704122880?s=21

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    It’s really difficult to read that two stud players have selected to play elsewhere in college hockey. Kids leaving early for the pros is easy to stomach, but this really hurts. To have top players leave a program for another program does not look good on so many levels. From the outside looking in, seems like some players were a bit complacent and Norm wanted to challenge them. Obviously, people react to feedback and decisions differently... and clearly these guys are not happy with some level of treatment and the way things were handled. Could it be benching? Sure. Could that benching be related to play? Maybe. Could it be related to off ice team rules not being followed? Possibly. You can’t shy away that this team had one of the most cases of COVID in D1 hockey. Does make you think. Hopefully we have some kids make leaps and the incoming class has some jump.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Congrats to fellow '96 grad (and Bazin's teammate) Billy Riga on earning the head coaching job at Holy Cross.

With how well he recruited at Q, I was wondering if Bazin did choose to leave how heavily Riga would have been considered here.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Dominick Procopio @the_domshow97 Apr 30
    I want to thank UMass-Lowell for an incredible 3-Years. I’ve made great friends and great memories there. With that being said, I’m beyond excited to continue my education and hockey career at The University of Alabama-Huntsville! I’m back in the south! #GoChargers

The best of luck to Dominick. I wonder if the Hawks will be visiting Hunstville next season.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Ryan Kennedy @THNRyanKennedy
    Goaltender Logan Neaton (WPG) is heading to Miami. he was in the transfer portal after two years with UMass-Lowell

The best of luck to Logan.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Any information on next year's schedule?

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Transferring to Notre Dame.
    Thanks for the information. Best of luck to him.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    No word on Chase Blackmun?
    Transferring to Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    No word on Chase Blackmun?

Leave a comment:

• boblav1