X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boblav1
    replied

Czech Prospects @CZprospects
    Theodor Pištěk has committed to play NCAA hockey at UMass Lowell (@RiverHawkHockey). The 2001-born forward has spent last five years in Sweden. Last season he led ?rebro U20 in scoring with 30 points (11g, 19a) in 19 games (4th in the Sweden U20 league).

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Carter Hutton has signed a 1-year deal with the Arizona Coyotes.

C.J. Smith has signed a 1-year deal with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Hopefully somebody who knows what they're doing on the beer and food side reopens the space. I've had minor regrets about never having anything from what was there before. Maybe navigation can up their game and team up with something pizza related or something else new altogether.

In better news. The hockey gloves I won in an auction came and they fit nicely and in time for broomball to restart locally

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
    UMass Lowell nets commitment from Czech Republic F Theodor Pistek. Pistek has played the last five seasons in Sweden. Has represented the Czech Republic in 29 international games. 6-0, 187-pound skater. Wraps up incoming freshman class.

Theodor Pistek - Elite Prospects

I believe the current roster is at 30 (19 F, 8 D, 3 G)

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    When they shut down, fired their entire staff (and then told them they'd have to reapply) and changed their menu, they completely fell apart. Their food when the reopened (food truck type menu) was awful. Their beer selection had been good prior to their original shutting down and then was horrid when they reopened.

This isn't the least bit surprising.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Honestly not surprised. Their beer quality never kept up with the times. And I don't mean just not hopping on the ipa sour train but more all of the above.

Kind of disappointed because as a latecomer to beer their stuff was a good push beyond the supermarket regular stuff.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    BeerWorks announces permanent closure (boston.com)

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    UMass Lowell hockey team welcomes international incoming class

Did anyone attend the STH event last night? Any additional information?

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Not hockey related, but Chancellor Moloney is stepping down after the upcoming school year. Met her a few times, she'll be missed at Lowell.
    I'd consider it hockey related. The program's recent success started with Marty Meehan and I don't think that was just a coincidence. Support from the top is huge. If Marty was still here pushing things, would there be a new practice rink/facility adjacent to Tsongas? I guess we'll never know.

Tons of change this offseason and I don't love the way things are trending with the program.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Not hockey related, but Chancellor Moloney is stepping down after the upcoming school year. Met her a few times, she'll be missed at Lowell.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I saw this little piece from Barry Scanlon in the Sun:

Foreign flavor

UMass Lowell’s 2021-22 hockey roster will have a heavy European flavor.

Defenseman Marek Korencik is from Slovakia. Hailing from Sweden are forwards Carl Berglund and Andre Lee, incoming defenseman Isac Jonsson, and incoming goaltender Edvard Nordlund.

Word on the street is the River Hawks may be bringing in another European skater, pending NCAA approval. The player, if granted his eligibility, comes from a country which has never produced a UMass Lowell player.

The player would likely wrap up UML’s incoming freshman class. Stay tuned.
    any update on this?

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Any word if the team is on campus? I believe classes started this week for the final summer session. It will be interesting to see who's coming in.

The ice is going in at the Tsongas.

They usually have the entire team in for the golf tournament, which is next Friday.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Any word if the team is on campus? I believe classes started this week for the final summer session. It will be interesting to see who's coming in.

The ice is going in at the Tsongas.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    I saw this little piece from Barry Scanlon in the Sun:

Foreign flavor

UMass Lowell’s 2021-22 hockey roster will have a heavy European flavor.

Defenseman Marek Korencik is from Slovakia. Hailing from Sweden are forwards Carl Berglund and Andre Lee, incoming defenseman Isac Jonsson, and incoming goaltender Edvard Nordlund.

Word on the street is the River Hawks may be bringing in another European skater, pending NCAA approval. The player, if granted his eligibility, comes from a country which has never produced a UMass Lowell player.

The player would likely wrap up UML’s incoming freshman class. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    Great news! But you better bring your swimsuits, sun screen and parka's. It'll be broiling until you get into the coldest rink in college hockey. You'll know what a hot fudge sundae feels like!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X