UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    According to the Mack Report, Canisius assistant Taylor Nelsonis in the mix for the job at UMass Lowell. Nelson was an All-America netminder at Ferris State and led the Bulldogs to the 2012 NCAA Frozen Four. The new assistant coach should be announced by the end of the month.

Sodergren returning for another season at UMass Lowell (lowellsun.com)
    From the NEHJ (Jeff Cox):
    According to multiple sources, UMass Lowell head coach Norm Bazin is prepared to hire Taylor Nelson as the new second assistant coach of the River Hawks.

Comment

• River Hawks bring Nelson on as assistant coach – Lowell Sun

Comment

• Maine comes to town January 14-15. Lowell also goes to Maine for 1 game, the Saturday after Thanksgiving (November 27), but the game is in Portland, not Orono.

https://goblackbears.com/news/2021/6...-schedule.aspx
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• The schedule has been released.

https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens...ockey/schedule
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            Great news! But you better bring your swimsuits, sun screen and parka's. It'll be broiling until you get into the coldest rink in college hockey. You'll know what a hot fudge sundae feels like!

Comment

• I saw this little piece from Barry Scanlon in the Sun:

Foreign flavor

UMass Lowell’s 2021-22 hockey roster will have a heavy European flavor.

Defenseman Marek Korencik is from Slovakia. Hailing from Sweden are forwards Carl Berglund and Andre Lee, incoming defenseman Isac Jonsson, and incoming goaltender Edvard Nordlund.

Word on the street is the River Hawks may be bringing in another European skater, pending NCAA approval. The player, if granted his eligibility, comes from a country which has never produced a UMass Lowell player.

The player would likely wrap up UML’s incoming freshman class. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Any word if the team is on campus? I believe classes started this week for the final summer session. It will be interesting to see who's coming in.

The ice is going in at the Tsongas.

Comment

Any word if the team is on campus? I believe classes started this week for the final summer session. It will be interesting to see who's coming in.

The ice is going in at the Tsongas.

They usually have the entire team in for the golf tournament, which is next Friday.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I saw this little piece from Barry Scanlon in the Sun:

Foreign flavor

UMass Lowell’s 2021-22 hockey roster will have a heavy European flavor.

Defenseman Marek Korencik is from Slovakia. Hailing from Sweden are forwards Carl Berglund and Andre Lee, incoming defenseman Isac Jonsson, and incoming goaltender Edvard Nordlund.

Word on the street is the River Hawks may be bringing in another European skater, pending NCAA approval. The player, if granted his eligibility, comes from a country which has never produced a UMass Lowell player.

The player would likely wrap up UML’s incoming freshman class. Stay tuned.
                    any update on this?

"We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Not hockey related, but Chancellor Moloney is stepping down after the upcoming school year. Met her a few times, she'll be missed at Lowell.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Not hockey related, but Chancellor Moloney is stepping down after the upcoming school year. Met her a few times, she'll be missed at Lowell.
                        I'd consider it hockey related. The program's recent success started with Marty Meehan and I don't think that was just a coincidence. Support from the top is huge. If Marty was still here pushing things, would there be a new practice rink/facility adjacent to Tsongas? I guess we'll never know.

Tons of change this offseason and I don't love the way things are trending with the program.

Comment

• UMass Lowell hockey team welcomes international incoming class

Did anyone attend the STH event last night? Any additional information?

Comment

• BeerWorks announces permanent closure (boston.com)

Comment

• Honestly not surprised. Their beer quality never kept up with the times. And I don't mean just not hopping on the ipa sour train but more all of the above.

Kind of disappointed because as a latecomer to beer their stuff was a good push beyond the supermarket regular stuff.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                              X