No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hard for me to imagine Matt Brown not being a success at BU, but I was also expecting big things from the transfers that joined UML this past season, and I think even they would admit that they didn't meet expectations. I am optimistic they will perform better next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      " Mark Divver
      @MarkDivver
      ?
      14m
      Lowell's Matt Brown will transfer to Boston University, per source. Big add for Terriers. Significant interest from NCHC, Big Ten, Hockey East & ECAC schools"

Makes me wonder why the BC transfer fell through. Also, so far UML has been quiet regarding replacing him with another transfer student.
      The Heisenberg site is now showing Matt Brown to BU.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

It will be interesting to see how Norm fills the roster spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        BC's only allowed to steal from Bowling Green (three players already).
        Heh, hey at least in the case with the BG players, they didn't have a spot at BG. They are bringing in a big freshman class and all their seniors are going elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Heh, hey at least in the case with the BG players, they didn't have a spot at BG. They are bringing in a big freshman class and all their seniors are going elsewhere.
          Sorry J.D., just trying to make a joke.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
            Colgate sr. defenseman Nick Austin and Nebraska Omaha so. forward Ryan Brushett, who were in the NCAA transfer portal, are headed to UMass Lowell.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../ryan-brushett

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...05/nick-austin

Comment

• River Hawks hand out annual team awards

Comment

• No word on Chase Blackmun?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  No word on Chase Blackmun?
                  Transferring to Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Transferring to Notre Dame.
                    Thanks for the information. Best of luck to him.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Any information on next year's schedule?

Comment

• Ryan Kennedy @THNRyanKennedy
                        Goaltender Logan Neaton (WPG) is heading to Miami. he was in the transfer portal after two years with UMass-Lowell

The best of luck to Logan.

Comment

• Dominick Procopio @the_domshow97 Apr 30
                          I want to thank UMass-Lowell for an incredible 3-Years. I’ve made great friends and great memories there. With that being said, I’m beyond excited to continue my education and hockey career at The University of Alabama-Huntsville! I’m back in the south! #GoChargers

The best of luck to Dominick. I wonder if the Hawks will be visiting Hunstville next season.

Comment

• Congrats to fellow '96 grad (and Bazin's teammate) Billy Riga on earning the head coaching job at Holy Cross.

With how well he recruited at Q, I was wondering if Bazin did choose to leave how heavily Riga would have been considered here.
                            Monty

Comment

• It’s really difficult to read that two stud players have selected to play elsewhere in college hockey. Kids leaving early for the pros is easy to stomach, but this really hurts. To have top players leave a program for another program does not look good on so many levels. From the outside looking in, seems like some players were a bit complacent and Norm wanted to challenge them. Obviously, people react to feedback and decisions differently... and clearly these guys are not happy with some level of treatment and the way things were handled. Could it be benching? Sure. Could that benching be related to play? Maybe. Could it be related to off ice team rules not being followed? Possibly. You can’t shy away that this team had one of the most cases of COVID in D1 hockey. Does make you think. Hopefully we have some kids make leaps and the incoming class has some jump.
                              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Dominick Procopio @the_domshow97 Apr 30
                                I want to thank UMass-Lowell for an incredible 3-Years. I’ve made great friends and great memories there. With that being said, I’m beyond excited to continue my education and hockey career at The University of Alabama-Huntsville! I’m back in the south! #GoChargers

The best of luck to Dominick. I wonder if the Hawks will be visiting Hunstville next season.
                                Bad news for him. Sucks. how does a school accept transfers and then cut the program in such a short window?
                                https://***********/uahchargers/stat...704122880?s=21

#NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X