No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Brown out of the lineup tonight. Jackson Sterrett making his debut.

Comment

Easier to watch than Friday night's game but still a loss. Boy that 4 on 4 was brutal. Hopefully Carl Berglund is ok.

Comment

This season went to **** really fast. There's just nothing out there, offensively, defensively, in net... nothing.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Two with Northeastern this weekend. NESN is broadcasting the Friday night game.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ebruary-16.php

Comment

the parts i've seen when I remember to watch... defense is just terrible. I do wonder what goes into each stop of the program... is it a two week group isolation and no activities? Then of course we're going to play like trash. Is it some hybrid? Do some get to practice and play? How much does game play get into teaching... or have we just not been recruiting the correct players for some dumb luck reason and we're on a bad cycle?

I know the mantra/maxim is you can teach any player defense... well... can we see it? Has COVID been a hamper on that instruction?

I've been wanting to email the AD about COVID protocols vis a vis the hockey team... I suppose it could go to other athletic teams in the schools program but I like hockey. I don't want to know to criticize aggressiveness/passivity of those protocols (if you follow some of the political arguments and that trash)... I want to know to know if our multiple stops have real consequences so I understand more. Does it mean that we're behind the others just down to the unfortunately case of happenstance and that happenstance dictates no practices or physical activity? I mean if that's the case then I expect us to be behind all season and while unfortunate is just the way things go. I haven't sent the email because its line 18 million on my list of things in my life and I might not get a response. I find the performance of this team to be mildly disturbing. We have games like the 9-5 game against Maine where it looks like we are capable of raw destruction... and yet we've had awful performances to follow it up. Worse, is I feel like Savory got kinda hung out there and I don't know about the new guys but I doubt the player that was at RPI left his game in Troy.

In short, I want our defense back and I worry why we don't have it as its been a hallmark of UML teams under Bazin. But this season is a mess for very good reasons.
            Last edited by Patman; 02-17-2021, 07:24 AM.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              This season went to **** really fast. There's just nothing out there, offensively, defensively, in net... nothing.
              The penalty kill is currently ranked second to last in the nation.
              Men's Division I Hockey 2020-2021 Overall Statistics | College Hockey | USCHO.com

Comment

Berglund out of the lineup tonight.

Comment

Yesterday’s game was good. Team really spread out, good passing. First period today not so much. Really wish they’d give Matt Brown some time off. He’s not hitting the mark. Really bad numbers. Tries the fancy stick handling, and it don’t work. Just keep Welch between the pipes. Not best goaltender, but clearly better than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by McMurphy View Post
                    Really wish they’d give Matt Brown some time off. He’s not hitting the mark. Really bad numbers. Tries the fancy stick handling, and it don’t work. .
                    He didn't play against BC last Saturday.

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

He didn't play against BC last Saturday.
                      At times Matt seems like he's trying to do too much. I would just like to see him shoot more. He has a nice shot.

Comment

• Two at Vermont this weekend.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ebruary-23.php

Comment

• Just one game against BU to end the season.

Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                          UMass Lowell will end Hockey East regular season Saturday by hosting Boston University. Puck drop at 3 p.m.

Comment

• Bad news for Carl Berglund. Hopefully he has a quick and full recovery.

Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                            UMass Lowell hockey coach Norm Bazin confirms Carl Berglund will miss rest of season. Despite missing the last four games, sophomore tied for team scoring lead. Berglund underwent knee surgery last week.

Comment

• Big day today with both basketball teams in the conference semi-finals and hockey vs BU at 3... why we aren't playing two vs BU I dont' have any flipping clue. This team hasn't made sense all season so we'll have to see if there's any hope going into the playoffs.

Both indoor track teams won the conference meet.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• did I say indoor track, i meant cross country... this year is weird.

UML 79, UMBC 77... bragging rights at work matter.

----

I was thinking about setting up a discord for chatter and game chatter. Good idea? Bad idea?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X