No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to double check what college football is doing but I don't think they postpone because of one positive test. If that is Hockey East's plan for a season I am not sure a season will really ever get off the ground. Let's hope the teams can get into some kind of groove like BC football which hasn't had any COVID cases.

Comment

With UVM and now BU not coming back to play, I wonder if we'll see a Commonwealth clash this weekend. UMass had BU on the schedule this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        So if we keep not playing, we'll be #1 by the end of January!
        Now they are up to 8th!

Comment

From the Lowell Sun today, Lowell's next game is scheduled for this Sunday at home against Providence. The article didn't list a time. We'll see if it happens.
          https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/12/08...y-open-season/

Norm also confirmed the transfer of Owen Savory and he's eligible to play next semester. Norm making public comments would lead me to believe it's official now.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
            From the Lowell Sun today, Lowell's next game is scheduled for this Sunday at home against Providence. The article didn't list a time. We'll see if it happens.

Norm also confirmed the transfer of Owen Savory and he's eligible to play next semester. Norm making public comments would lead me to believe it's official now.
            At this rate, Savory will be able to play the whole season

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

Game time is at 5:00 PM

Comment

Tough loss. Some basic defensive mistakes happening in Game 1, which shouldn't be surprising. Lack of offensive talent is still going to kill this team in the long run.

Since we hadn't played yet, I hadn't been paying attention, but a couple of things I learned tonight:
                1) This faceoff rule. I saw the linesman a couple of times holding up a finger, but didn't know what it meant till Condotta went to the box.
                2) This was a non-conference game, but it could become a conference game. This one is infuriating.

Finally ... that embellishment call was a joke.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Tough loss. Some basic defensive mistakes happening in Game 1, which shouldn't be surprising. Lack of offensive talent is still going to kill this team in the long run.

Since we hadn't played yet, I hadn't been paying attention, but a couple of things I learned tonight:
                  1) This faceoff rule. I saw the linesman a couple of times holding up a finger, but didn't know what it meant till Condotta went to the box.
                  2) This was a non-conference game, but it could become a conference game. This one is infuriating.

Finally ... that embellishment call was a joke.
                  Hopefully Jon McDonald is ok. I didn't notice if he returned to the game after going into the boards. I thought Logan Neaton played well.

Comment

Everybody looked slow... could be lack of fans, could be the start of the season. The faceoff rule seems like its solving a problem we don't currently have? Weird add or point of emphasis but the rules committees seem to want to rubberstamp other people's bad ideas for the sake of uniformity.. For that matter 3v3 OT unnecessary and SO sacrilege. Needless to say too many penalties which cost us in the end. And yeah, that embellishing call... I mean I get it but Lee(?) was already falling when he took the stick to the face. I think they mentioned McDonald was back on the bench. Am I right that they can only assess majors when they go for review? Jim Connelly seemed to see a hold and I agree but nothing worth 5 and game.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

[QUOTE=UMLFan;n3624951]

The HE site standings page is showing it as a league game.
                      2020-21 Hockey East Men's Standings - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)
                      Last edited by boblav1; 12-14-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=boblav1;n3625200]

The HE site standings page is showing it as a league game.
                        2020-21 Hockey East Men's Standings - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)
                        Great. So maybe the announcers were wrong or given bad info?
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

[QUOTE=UMLFan;n3625329]
                          Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Great. So maybe the announcers were wrong or given bad info?
                          The UML site was showing it as a non conference game too. Who knows??

Comment

[QUOTE=boblav1;n3625447]

The UML site was showing it as a non conference game too. Who knows??
                            The league announced today that all teams will qualify for this season's tournament and all games will count towards the seeding. They didn't provide detail on how seeding will be determined with unbalanced schedules. Maybe win % will be considered.
                            http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ournaments.php

Also, Lowell will be playing Maine twice at home this weekend (I think website said only 1 game earlier today). Games are Saturday at 6pm and Sunday at 4pm.

Comment

Games this weekend against Maine cancelled as Maine has put a pause to their season.
                              Monty

Comment

Games this weekend against Maine cancelled as Maine has put a pause to their season.
                                The Hawks will play at UConn on Monday at 5:00 pm.

Updated schedule from HE (12/17/20).

Comment

Working...
                                X