UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    58 shots on goal for Lowell in this one! Anyone know what the Lowell record is for a non OT game?
    they said in the game, U Lowell 74 against Boston State (W 11-3) in 1978(?)
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The good ol days of D2
      What did you say?
      Who own the Chiefs?
      What did he say?
      Owns! Owns!

Comment

I'd love to be a fly in the arena from those days... mostly to absorb in the reality of the 1970s but also to see some wild as hell games.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Good game. Hoping coach will stay with Savory in net. Armstrong-kincade played well. Good goal, and good blocked shot near the end of the game. Rest of the team needs to work on blocking shots. Too many got through to the goal tender.

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            58 shots on goal for Lowell in this one! Anyone know what the Lowell record is for a non OT game?
            D1 record is 59 at UNH on 3/1/86. Tsongas Center record was 57 against Arizona State in 2016.
            Last edited by ScottK; 01-04-2021, 11:30 PM.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              9-5 in a wild one... hooboy. Wild weekend ends up in 4 points or 6 points or god knows what these days.

edit: Scott, I assume this is most goals in a league game?
              Tied the school record for most goals in a Hockey East game, done 3 times before

12/3/1987 9-0 vs Northeastern
              2/27/1990 9-10 (OT) at Merrimack
              1/15/1995 9-0 at Merrimack
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

9-10 loss... oh lord

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

UMass at Lowell next Tuesday at 4:00 pm. Unless something changes that's 3 games in 4 days.

Hockey East Announces Schedule Updates (January 6) - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

I have no idea how HE is putting together the schedule but I'm a bit surprise UMass is getting another game, it will be their 14th. All the other teams have played far less.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    UMass at Lowell next Tuesday at 4:00 pm. Unless something changes that's 3 games in 4 days.

Hockey East Announces Schedule Updates (January 6) - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

I have no idea how HE is putting together the schedule but I'm a bit surprise UMass is getting another game, it will be their 14th. All the other teams have played far less.
                    Fewer.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Feels so weird to have a home/home against Merrimack, and not be able to go.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Feels so weird to have a home/home against Merrimack, and not be able to go.
                        Well, never you mind.

Lowell's games against Merrimack this weekend, and the newly scheduled one against Amherst on Tuesday, are now all postponed. Positive tests at Lowell.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Well, never you mind.

Lowell's games against Merrimack this weekend, and the newly scheduled one against Amherst on Tuesday, are now all postponed. Positive tests at Lowell.
                          One step forward, two steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

One step forward, two steps back.
                            No kidding. UMass has played like 14 games, we've played 4. Obviously I can't know what's going on but I'll hope they're doing their best to moderate their behavior. I hate to say I'm relying on a bunch of 18-24 year olds but these games help get through this time of isolation.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

No kidding. UMass has played like 14 games, we've played 4. Obviously I can't know what's going on but I'll hope they're doing their best to moderate their behavior. I hate to say I'm relying on a bunch of 18-24 year olds but these games help get through this time of isolation.
                              You don't know that it's a player who tested positive. It could be a coach or staff member. Coaches and staff can't isolate at home and have family members who might be in a job where they are exposed. I don't think it's fair to just instantly blame the players.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

You don't know that it's a player who tested positive. It could be a coach or staff member. Coaches and staff can't isolate at home and have family members who might be in a job where they are exposed. I don't think it's fair to just instantly blame the players.
                                could be the coaches... and you're reading in more than I wanted to say. I stopped where I did because I didn't want to blame the players. I'm not so much relying on them to stay healthy away from covid, i'm relying on them to buoy my sanity by playing hockey. That much is a fact regardless of who within the program tested positive.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X