No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor performance. No offense. No urgency. Goaltender had a good game for his first of the year.

Comment

I don't think it was a poor performance overall. I just don't think we were fully ready for UConn's size. At the end of the day, a W is all that matters, so it's good to get on that side of the ledger. They will have to play better against UMass this weekend though to get points.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        They will have to play better against UMass this weekend though to get points.
        Never mind. Weekend games postponed.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I was talking to a uconn friend during the game over Skype (some of you may know him) and we couldn't figure out why they just didn't play two this weekend given that stuff like this covid diagnosis was bound to happen. We also talked about how everything would be better off if this season were pushed out one more month as vaccines roll into production and whatnot.

---

My take on the game... both teams played really tight for the first two periods. The game opened up in the third as both teams got more offensively daring. Either side could have won and this team hasn't been able to enforce a system per se yet. I'd like a couple of more games to get the feel for where things are going. I don't have a problem with the way it was played. I thought we were the better team but it could have easily been a 3-1 loss as a 4-1 win. Stay in condition and we will see what happens.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
            Barring any testing setbacks, UMass Lowell will host Maine on Sunday (6 pm) and Monday (3 pm) in Hockey East action. River Hawks are 1-1.

Comment

Some quotes from Owen Savory. As a warning though, this article is not well-written.
              Monty

Comment

Does anyone know how to roku the streaming onto smart TV via any of the roku apps?

Just did it. On ruku, go to "add channel" and add CBS Sports. Once added go to it and I found it there.
                Last edited by carlin; 01-03-2021, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Roku has a NESN app which has been hit or miss in my experience for NESN games. For non-NESN I use a laptop and the hdmi cable to watch on the TV
                  #NewMass

Comment

Good win last night for Lowell. They seemed to start off with some hustle, took a quick 2-0 lead and then took their collective feet off the gas. The major to begin the third was basically the game, with Lowell scoring twice. I'm not sure why Lowell's own box score doesn't show either of those goals as a PP though, but they hopefully will correct it. As of now, it shows Lowell was 0-4 on the PP.

Good defensive effort to limit Maine to just 14 shots, and I'm not sure what Welsch could have done about two of those goals. And on the other side, while 5 goals on 23 shots is good, that's not a sustainable %. Have to get more sent to net. Through three games, we're averaging 21 shots per game (20% less than last year).

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Good win last night for Lowell. They seemed to start off with some hustle, took a quick 2-0 lead and then took their collective feet off the gas. The major to begin the third was basically the game, with Lowell scoring twice. I'm not sure why Lowell's own box score doesn't show either of those goals as a PP though, but they hopefully will correct it. As of now, it shows Lowell was 0-4 on the PP.

Good defensive effort to limit Maine to just 14 shots, and I'm not sure what Welsch could have done about two of those goals. And on the other side, while 5 goals on 23 shots is good, that's not a sustainable %. Have to get more sent to net. Through three games, we're averaging 21 shots per game (20% less than last year).
                      The official box score was corrected. They're using a new program this year, and it's had issues. In real time, the major was entered as being against Kaiser, not against Maine, which is why they didn't show up properly on the box score. They fixed it in the system as soon as the game ended, but didn't regenerate the box score.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

The official box score was corrected. They're using a new program this year, and it's had issues. In real time, the major was entered as being against Kaiser, not against Maine, which is why they didn't show up properly on the box score. They fixed it in the system as soon as the game ended, but didn't regenerate the box score.
                        Thanks Scott. Appreciate the info.
                        Monty

Comment

I would assume we'll see Savory for the first time this afternoon. He should be eligible at this point, right?

And Logan Neaton gets the nod
                          Last edited by bottomdweller; 01-04-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

This game has been insanity, and we're just barely into the second half of it. Both teams with power play goals, both with short handed goals, both pulled goalies...
                            Monty

Comment

9-5 in a wild one... hooboy. Wild weekend ends up in 4 points or 6 points or god knows what these days.

edit: Scott, I assume this is most goals in a league game?
                              Last edited by Patman; 01-04-2021, 05:36 PM.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

58 shots on goal for Lowell in this one! Anyone know what the Lowell record is for a non OT game?
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X