No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2020-2021: Down the long hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they shut down, fired their entire staff (and then told them they'd have to reapply) and changed their menu, they completely fell apart. Their food when the reopened (food truck type menu) was awful. Their beer selection had been good prior to their original shutting down and then was horrid when they reopened.

This isn't the least bit surprising.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
      UMass Lowell nets commitment from Czech Republic F Theodor Pistek. Pistek has played the last five seasons in Sweden. Has represented the Czech Republic in 29 international games. 6-0, 187-pound skater. Wraps up incoming freshman class.

Theodor Pistek - Elite Prospects

I believe the current roster is at 30 (19 F, 8 D, 3 G)

Comment

• Hopefully somebody who knows what they're doing on the beer and food side reopens the space. I've had minor regrets about never having anything from what was there before. Maybe navigation can up their game and team up with something pizza related or something else new altogether.

In better news. The hockey gloves I won in an auction came and they fit nicely and in time for broomball to restart locally
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Carter Hutton has signed a 1-year deal with the Arizona Coyotes.

C.J. Smith has signed a 1-year deal with the Carolina Hurricanes.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Czech Prospects @CZprospects
            Theodor Pištěk has committed to play NCAA hockey at UMass Lowell (@RiverHawkHockey). The 2001-born forward has spent last five years in Sweden. Last season he led ?rebro U20 in scoring with 30 points (11g, 19a) in 19 games (4th in the Sweden U20 league).

Comment

• Czech Prospects @CZprospects
              Theodor Pištěk has committed to play NCAA hockey at UMass Lowell (@RiverHawkHockey). The 2001-born forward has spent last five years in Sweden. Last season he led ?rebro U20 in scoring with 30 points (11g, 19a) in 19 games (4th in the Sweden U20 league).

Comment

• Former RiverHawk Frank Stegnar passed away suddenly. He was only 33 and leaves behind a wife and 2 young boys (Age 3 and 4 months). A GoFundMe has been set up for his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/memorial-...stegnar-family

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Former RiverHawk Frank Stegnar passed away suddenly. He was only 33 and leaves behind a wife and 2 young boys (Age 3 and 4 months). A GoFundMe has been set up for his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/memorial-...stegnar-family
                  Oh no, that's absolutely awful news. Condolences to his family and friends.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• That's very sad news.

Comment

• Lowell Sun article:
                      UMass Lowell adds Czech forward Pistek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Hopefully somebody who knows what they're doing on the beer and food side reopens the space. I've had minor regrets about never having anything from what was there before. Maybe navigation can up their game and team up with something pizza related or something else new altogether.

In better news. The hockey gloves I won in an auction came and they fit nicely and in time for broomball to restart locally
                        A taco place has been operating there for about a year http://www.legendofeljefe.com/ They completely transformed the space, I think they are trying to cater to the students with lots of Instagram worthy spots.... You can still see all the stainless in the brewery from the dining area.

Comment

• Is the schedule final? I noticed the Lowell schedule on the HE site is showing some differences. It has the Hawks at the Fortress Invitational (at T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, Nev.) on January 1 & 2 against TBD. Also, the Bentley home game has been replaced with a home game against Alaska on Monday January 10th. I have no idea if the HE schedule is correct. I haven't been able to find any information on the Fortress Invitational.

UMass Lowell 2021-22 Team Schedule - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I haven't been able to find any information on the Fortress Invitational.[/URL]
                            That would be an exciting development. I found an article published yesterday that suggests ASU or North Dakota would be one of UML's opponents. UML and the 4th team are not mentioned in the article.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/au...wcase-in-2022/

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

That would be an exciting development. I found an article published yesterday that suggests ASU or North Dakota would be one of UML's opponents. UML and the 4th team are not mentioned in the article.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/au...wcase-in-2022/
                              There is no Fortress Invitational this year. That article refers to a single game that NoDak and ASU are playing the following season (October of 2022, not January 1-2). The Hockey East schedule is wrong and will be fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

There is no Fortress Invitational this year. That article refers to a single game that NoDak and ASU are playing the following season (October of 2022, not January 1-2). The Hockey East schedule is wrong and will be fixed.
                                Thanks Scott.

Comment

Working...
                                X