X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boblav1
    replied
    Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
    Barring any testing setbacks, UMass Lowell will host Maine on Sunday (6 pm) and Monday (3 pm) in Hockey East action. River Hawks are 1-1.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    I was talking to a uconn friend during the game over Skype (some of you may know him) and we couldn't figure out why they just didn't play two this weekend given that stuff like this covid diagnosis was bound to happen. We also talked about how everything would be better off if this season were pushed out one more month as vaccines roll into production and whatnot.

---

My take on the game... both teams played really tight for the first two periods. The game opened up in the third as both teams got more offensively daring. Either side could have won and this team hasn't been able to enforce a system per se yet. I'd like a couple of more games to get the feel for where things are going. I don't have a problem with the way it was played. I thought we were the better team but it could have easily been a 3-1 loss as a 4-1 win. Stay in condition and we will see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    They will have to play better against UMass this weekend though to get points.
    Never mind. Weekend games postponed.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    I don't think it was a poor performance overall. I just don't think we were fully ready for UConn's size. At the end of the day, a W is all that matters, so it's good to get on that side of the ledger. They will have to play better against UMass this weekend though to get points.

Leave a comment:

• McMurphy
    replied
    Poor performance. No offense. No urgency. Goaltender had a good game for his first of the year.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Games this weekend against Maine cancelled as Maine has put a pause to their season.
    The Hawks will play at UConn on Monday at 5:00 pm.

Updated schedule from HE (12/17/20).

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Games this weekend against Maine cancelled as Maine has put a pause to their season.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    [QUOTE=boblav1;n3625447]

The UML site was showing it as a non conference game too. Who knows??
    The league announced today that all teams will qualify for this season's tournament and all games will count towards the seeding. They didn't provide detail on how seeding will be determined with unbalanced schedules. Maybe win % will be considered.
    http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ournaments.php

Also, Lowell will be playing Maine twice at home this weekend (I think website said only 1 game earlier today). Games are Saturday at 6pm and Sunday at 4pm.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    [QUOTE=UMLFan;n3625329]
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Great. So maybe the announcers were wrong or given bad info?
    The UML site was showing it as a non conference game too. Who knows??

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    [QUOTE=boblav1;n3625200]

2) This was a non-conference game, but it could become a conference game. This one is infuriating.

The HE site standings page is showing it as a league game.
    2020-21 Hockey East Men's Standings - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)
    Great. So maybe the announcers were wrong or given bad info?

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    [QUOTE=UMLFan;n3624951]

2) This was a non-conference game, but it could become a conference game. This one is infuriating.

The HE site standings page is showing it as a league game.
    2020-21 Hockey East Men's Standings - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)
    Last edited by boblav1; 12-14-2020, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Everybody looked slow... could be lack of fans, could be the start of the season. The faceoff rule seems like its solving a problem we don't currently have? Weird add or point of emphasis but the rules committees seem to want to rubberstamp other people's bad ideas for the sake of uniformity.. For that matter 3v3 OT unnecessary and SO sacrilege. Needless to say too many penalties which cost us in the end. And yeah, that embellishing call... I mean I get it but Lee(?) was already falling when he took the stick to the face. I think they mentioned McDonald was back on the bench. Am I right that they can only assess majors when they go for review? Jim Connelly seemed to see a hold and I agree but nothing worth 5 and game.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Tough loss. Some basic defensive mistakes happening in Game 1, which shouldn't be surprising. Lack of offensive talent is still going to kill this team in the long run.

Since we hadn't played yet, I hadn't been paying attention, but a couple of things I learned tonight:
    1) This faceoff rule. I saw the linesman a couple of times holding up a finger, but didn't know what it meant till Condotta went to the box.

Finally ... that embellishment call was a joke.
    Hopefully Jon McDonald is ok. I didn't notice if he returned to the game after going into the boards. I thought Logan Neaton played well.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Tough loss. Some basic defensive mistakes happening in Game 1, which shouldn't be surprising. Lack of offensive talent is still going to kill this team in the long run.

Since we hadn't played yet, I hadn't been paying attention, but a couple of things I learned tonight:
    1) This faceoff rule. I saw the linesman a couple of times holding up a finger, but didn't know what it meant till Condotta went to the box.

Finally ... that embellishment call was a joke.

Leave a comment:

• pressbox
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    From the Lowell Sun today, Lowell's next game is scheduled for this Sunday at home against Providence. The article didn't list a time. We'll see if it happens.
    https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/12/08...y-open-season/

Norm also confirmed the transfer of Owen Savory and he's eligible to play next semester. Norm making public comments would lead me to believe it's official now.
    Game time is at 5:00 PM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X