LSSU Lakers 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Personally, I thought the officiating was above average. Two veteran guys that didn't call the numerous 1:00 to 1:30 minute restraining fouls that can bog down a good game between two solid teams. If they would've called all of the possible restraining fouls, there literally would've been 20 penalties. Seemed like the players played thru it for the most part and, the Lakers were better even strength anyways...
    Fair enough. I do prefer the refs to let teams play on, but I think there was some obvious stuff missed that led to stuff after the whistle. It was hard to tell on the broadcast, but it looked like Brandon Puricelli also got a 10 minute misconduct for saying something to the ref after Jack Jeffers was tripped in the 3rd period. The broadcast showed Jeffers with a huge grin on his face after the trip so Purcielli must have said something colorful to earn the misconduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

They need to keep winning. Hard to say what the WCHA playoffs will look like this season and how many teams will get in.
      I wonder how they'll handle the Tuesday afternoon games at Tech in back to back weeks, and 5 games in 11 days. I don't want to jinx it, but doing well in this stretch could be the difference between consideration for an NCAA bid or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

I wonder how they'll handle the Tuesday afternoon games at Tech in back to back weeks, and 5 games in 11 days. I don't want to jinx it, but doing well in this stretch could be the difference between consideration for an NCAA bid or not.
        Depending upon how the WCHA decides to handle playoffs, this stretch could be the difference between making the league playoffs or not.

Comment

Depending upon how the WCHA decides to handle playoffs, this stretch could be the difference between making the league playoffs or not.
          I don't agree with this. I don't see a format that excludes Lake State right now. Why would the WCHA come up with something that excludes one of their 6 teams receiving votes in the USCHO poll? So I either see the league rolling with a tournament of 6 in which Lake State is part of since I don't see the Lakers falling to 7, or they might even just have all 8 teams and do a single elimination like the NCHC.
          Last edited by lakersparty; 02-15-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

I don't agree with this. I don't see a format that excludes Lake State right now. Why would the WCHA come up with something that excludes one of their 6 teams receiving votes in the USCHO poll? So I either see the league rolling with a tournament of 6 in which Lake State is part of since I don't see the Lakers falling to 7, or they might even just have all 8 teams and do a single elimination like the NCHC.
            What if the WCHA decides to just go with a 4 team playoff, given the shorter season, the Alaska schools dropping out, all the cancellations/postponements, and maybe even an unbalanced schedule at the end? I'm not saying I think that is what will happen, but it is a possibility. 6 or 8 teams are perhaps more likely, but it's been a strange season so you never know. If more Covid postponements within the WCHA occur, that could cause the league to bump up against whatever format and schedule the NCAA tournament comes up with and cause them to rethink the playoffs.

Comment

What if the WCHA decides to just go with a 4 team playoff, given the shorter season, the Alaska schools dropping out, all the cancellations/postponements, and maybe even an unbalanced schedule at the end? I'm not saying I think that is what will happen, but it is a possibility. 6 or 8 teams are perhaps more likely, but it's been a strange season so you never know. If more Covid postponements within the WCHA occur, that could cause the league to bump up against whatever format and schedule the NCAA tournament comes up with and cause them to rethink the playoffs.
              The fact that we are less than a month away from the postseason and still have no direction on what the format or participating teams will be? Very disappointing. Can't be easy on teams to have no idea what the parameters are. I guess for all the years of coachspeak about only playing the game in front of you, that's finally fully true.

Comment

The WCHA Women's League is only taking four out of seven teams.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

The fact that we are less than a month away from the postseason and still have no direction on what the format or participating teams will be? Very disappointing. Can't be easy on teams to have no idea what the parameters are. I guess for all the years of coachspeak about only playing the game in front of you, that's finally fully true.
                  I thought I had heard the plan was for the top 4 before the season started back in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

The WCHA Women's League is only taking four out of seven teams.
                    That at least makes sense because the top 4 in the women's league are all very good getting national attention. I think the men's side would be foolish to not include the 6 who are in the conversation nationally as late in the season as mid-February. I think the conference has an outside chance to get 3 bids this year, and I'd like a system that has the top 6 playing as many games as possible especially when the eye test is what matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post

I thought I had heard the plan was for the top 4 before the season started back in November.
                      I hope the NCHC doing 8 kills whatever thoughts the WCHA may have been having about only doing 4.

Comment

• It looks like it will be all 8 teams, although no doubt everything is subject to change.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...son-format.php

Comment

• The Lakers with another big win today and another road victory. I am glad they have review because Tech was clearly offsides on that goal they thought they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Came out today I think.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Did anyone else see the USCHO article about the NCAA tournament committee of 6? Damon Whitten and Jeff Jackson are on it. If there's ever a time for the "eye test" then I like seeing those two guys on the committee.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/02/16/mem...in-pittsburgh/

Comment

• Got a notification today that no fans will be allowed for the rest of the season. I'm not surprised by the decision. Hopefully things are back to normal by October.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X