Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a PP goal!

Comment

Another PP goal! 2 PP goals in about 4 and a half minutes to start the game. Great start by the Lakers!

Comment

Holy crap.....Now 3 power-play goals!

Edit: Was changed to an even strength goal.
        Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-08-2021, 09:21 PM.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Great win tonight. Nice to see the Lakers continue the momentum from Sundays Bemidji State game and finally score a couple power-play goals. Oliver getting his first career goal was nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Great win tonight. Nice to see the Lakers continue the momentum from Sundays Bemidji State game and finally score a couple power-play goals. Oliver getting his first career goal was nice too.
            There were lots of encouraging things from last night. Let’s keep it up tonight.

Comment

Sweep! OT win on the PP. Great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                Sweep! OT win on the PP. Great weekend.
                Indeed. I would imagine the Lakers make a return to the top 20 in the rankings and Veillette is the favorite to win WCHA Forward of the Week.

Comment

Nice to see both Veillette and Boudon put up some good numbers on offense this weekend.

Comment

The Lakers are back in the USCHO rankings at #19. It's going to be a big series this weekend vs. #5 Minnesota State. It's a great opportunity and hopefully the PP success against NMU continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Indeed. I would imagine the Lakers make a return to the top 20 in the rankings and Veillette is the favorite to win WCHA Forward of the Week.
                      Veillette gets WCHA forward of the week and Mitens is goaltender of the week.

Comment

• First time since the 1992-93 season the Lakers have only one loss through the first ten games of a season.

Interesting to see Minnesota State will be coming in not playing last weekend due to Covid cancellations and the Lakers travel to Michigan Tech next weekend after Tech not playing two straight weekends because of Covid.

Comment

• The Lakers stayed with Minnesota State pretty well but obviously need to start scoring more goals against the Mav before they can start beating them more often. Even 2-3 goals a game would give them that opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            The Lakers stayed with Minnesota State pretty well but obviously need to start scoring more goals against the Mav before they can start beating them more often. Even 2-3 goals a game would give them that opportunity.
                            I liked the effort in the first game. That was an exciting game that a 3-0 final score doesn't really capture, especially since the Mavs scored late on a PPG goal with an empty net. I'm not sure I would have pulled the goalie in that situation.

I have few nice things to say about the second game. The shot differential 57-18 is really bad, and I don't think the Lakers belonged in the same building. Game 2 very easily could have been even more lopsided than 6-2. I'll stop there because I don't want to criticize any more than that, and I am really hoping it was just an off night.

Comment

• Some scuttlebutt around that the Lakers have Covid issues that will affect this weekend at Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Some scuttlebutt around that the Lakers have Covid issues that will affect this weekend at Tech.
                                I saw the game was pushed back an hour in order for the some Covid test results to come in. I wouldn't be surprised if the series was cancelled/moved.
                                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X