LSSU Lakers 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Merry Christmas to all Laker hockey fans!
    Hopefully see you'll at a game in February!

Comment

Lakers move up to #19 in this week's USCHO poll. Hopefully the team is all back Covid free and have success against Bemidji State this coming weekend.
      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-28-2020, 02:30 PM.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Any word on if the Lakers are allowing fans this weekend? Just wondering based on Ferris website: https://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/...tickets-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          Any word on if the Lakers are allowing fans this weekend? Just wondering based on Ferris website: https://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/...tickets-hockey
          I didn't realize Whitmer (surprisingly) loosened the restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
            Nothing on the athletics website indicating that tickets will be available. If there was going to be a very limited fan attendance, maybe they wouldn't bother to update that and instead just make a last minute public announcement?

Comment

Happy New Years my fellow Laker fans. Let's hope 2021 is a better year.

Hopefully the Lakers can get some revenge on the Beavers this weekend after they knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs last season.

Comment

Lakers have the worst power-play in college hockey. It finally cost them tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Lakers have the worst power-play in college hockey. It finally cost them tonight.
                  Although not a PP goal, at least they got an extra attacker goal at the end of the game yesterday to tie it up. Bemidji is a good team. I like the way they play. I think they play the way Damon wants the Lakers to play. I think Bemidji has a little more team speed than the Lakers at this point, while the Lakers have more size than the Beavers.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    The PP is troubling because it's the difference between a having a good or great team.

Also I know I'm late on this, but what was with the penalty in game 1 that led to Bemidji's goal after the penalty expired? Dustin Manz didn't do anything I think warranted a penalty at the faceoff. That was really costly because the Lakers were really controlling play at that point and if anything Bemidji should have had a penalty shortly before the faceoff when they tripped Mucha but that doesn't get a call but something really minor at the faceoff circle does? That took a 1-1 game the Lakers had a good chance to win and turned it into a loss.
                    Last edited by lakersparty; 01-06-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

The PP is troubling because it's the difference between a having a good or great team.

Also I know I'm late on this, but what was with the penalty in game 1 that led to Bemidji's goal after the penalty expired? Dustin Manz didn't do anything I think warranted a penalty at the faceoff. That was really costly because the Lakers were really controlling play at that point and if anything Bemidji should have had a penalty shortly before the faceoff when they tripped Mucha but that doesn't get a call but something really minor at the faceoff circle does? That took a 1-1 game the Lakers had a good chance to win and turned it into a loss.
                      Was it a faceoff protocol violation (I didn't see the game)? I think that is a point of emphasis this year, and a player gets one warning for the game, a second violation results in a two minute penalty.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Was it a faceoff protocol violation (I didn't see the game)? I think that is a point of emphasis this year, and a player gets one warning for the game, a second violation results in a two minute penalty.
                        That must have been it, but wow that is a dumb rule with a harsh penalty. Just boot the player from the faceoff. Don't make it so costly to a team.

Comment

Former Laker assistant Ron Rolston is making some news for the garbage can tradition he started. Apparently, the Canadians didn't take too fondly to their logo being on a trash can after the U.S. won the game. This situation is amusing.

https://***********/chrismpeters/sta...98469784875009

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

That must have been it, but wow that is a dumb rule with a harsh penalty. Just boot the player from the faceoff. Don't make it so costly to a team.
                            I think it is meant to speed the game up/take away teams trying to delay faceoffs, especially after icings, to get a little more of a break.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

I think it is meant to speed the game up/take away teams trying to delay faceoffs, especially after icings, to get a little more of a break.
                              Maybe they should stop having the refs do lengthy replay reviews all of the time if they want to speed up the game. Like when Lake State got the 5 minute major for boarding. Anyone watching knew that was a 5 minute major when it happened, so let's just call it on the ice to speed up the game. It wasn't ambiguous and the ref clearly saw it.

Instead they invent new rules with new penalties that shouldn't even be penalties. Just kick the guy out of the faceoff circle and be done with it.

Comment

I wonder if fans will be allowed at any point during the season? Bill Crawford was critical of not letting fans in. I think he said something about if masks work, then why aren't fans being let in? I agree with that statement.
                                Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-08-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X