LSSU Lakers 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Nice to see the Lakers end the calendar year with a win and a 4-0-2 record. Also finished the 2020 calendar year with a pretty good 12-6-5 record. Hoping the Lakers come back from the holiday break healthy and Covid free.
    Things are definitely moving in the right direction again. The only glaring problem is the powerplay right now. With a more robust PP, those 2 shootout wins might be regular wins.

Looking forward to what 2021 will bring.

Comment

Are the positive tests that UAH experienced this week going to negatively affect you all?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Are the positive tests that UAH experienced this week going to negatively affect you all?
        In terms of games, no. The Lakers don’t play again until January 1st.

Comment

I ended up missing yesterday's Laker Hockey Show. Hopefully a podcast will be posted soon.

I see the UAH/FSU game tonight got canceled. I think the Lakers got lucky that the Chargers didn't have a positive Covid test just a few days earlier.
          Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-09-2020, 07:16 PM.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

The 2021 I-500 got canceled yesterday. I would expect the postponed Nmu conference game to get recheduled for February 6.

Comment

UAF just opted not to play this season so the Jan 1-2 series is off. Hopefully the coaches can find a replacement opponent for those dates. If not, I guess we'll have 2 less games this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                UAF just opted not to play this season so the Jan 1-2 series is off. Hopefully the coaches can find a replacement opponent for those dates. If not, I guess we'll have 2 less games this season.
                Perhaps another home and home series with Adrian College? Maybe a NC series with NMU in Marquette the 2nd weekend of January?
                Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-12-2020, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  I wonder if the Lakers will ever play them again.

Comment

The Lakers have two additional NC series to replace the UAF and UAA conference series. Bemidji State in the Sault January 2-3 and NMU in Marquette January 8-9. Also the conference game against NMU that was postponed will be played on February 6 which was expected after the cancelation of the I-500.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...xpEALbWDmdtNZI

Comment

With Whitmer's new orders announced today, it sounds like no fans will be allowed for the Jan 2-3 home series against Bemidji State, the Jan. 8-9 series at NMU and the Jan. 15 home game against Minnesota State.
                      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-18-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Lakers ranked #20 in this week's USCHO poll. Definitely nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Lakers ranked #20 in this week's USCHO poll. Definitely nice to see.
                          Yeah it's nice, but the schedule will be tougher in January. Let's see where they stand in another month or so.

Comment

I also don't know why they are counting the 2 wins over Adrian. Seems like the record should be listed as 2-0-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              I also don't know why they are counting the 2 wins over Adrian. Seems like the record should be listed as 2-0-2.
                              NCAA DI teams playing NCAA DIII teams still count for the overall record.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all Laker hockey fans!

Comment

Working...
                                X