Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IronRange
    replied
    Think this was a big weekend for the boys. To get 2 of 3 from a very good Clarkston team is big. Plus it seems like some of the top players on the team went through some ups and downs and came out on the positive end. Have to believe these are big parts of the kids growth and will bring dividends down the road. Shortened season, the team is still finding its identity...yet very positive weekend. Rand's "character first" approach consistently pays off.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Nice win last night, shots 19-4 in third period comeback !

Leave a comment:

• SnowDogFlyer
    replied
    Nice to see Jayden Lee on the ice, big loss last season . . . he creates space and enables good things to happen. Glad he is back. Metsa is a gritty kid, tough defender albeit smaller in stature, but he plays Rand's game and has that big shot capability.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    How did SLU look, Gate has them six of the next eight games.
    SLU looked very good and were ready to play. They never let up and skated 60 minutes. What they lacked in skill they made up for with desire. Much improved over what they were last season. And their goalie was absolutely their best player on the ice.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    How did SLU look, Gate has them six of the next eight games.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
    any impressions on Metsa? undersized dman with great stats this season - thats what eliteprospects tells. but does he have grit? defense?
    He's turned into a solid D-man with an offensive flair. He's definitely upped his game this season.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Danger
    replied

any impressions on Metsa? undersized dman with great stats this season - thats what eliteprospects tells. but does he have grit? defense?

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Rand has never disclosed details on any injuries so we may never know until they're back on the ice. With nobody on campus there's even less chance of someone knowing someone who knows something that might make it back here.

The team seems to be gelling together a little more each game. If KP stays on his game and nobody else goes down they should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied
    Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
    The low camera was a little rough and the St. Lawrence announcer was so-so. He had no idea about the 3 on 3 OT.

Odeen is really playing well.

Any word on how long Bonjo will be out? I saw one article where Rand said he'll be out for "a bit". But nothing specific.
    All I heard on Bonjo was probably the same interview from Rand where he hoped not a month or two or the entire season. TJ has also not been on the ice for a few games , nor has Rasanen. Metsa also went down last game and hobbled off the ice. Not sure if he returned before the end of the game. They are definitely a bit banged up. Hopefully they can get by St Lawrence Sunday. Clarkson in next week for 3. They need to get 2 of those I would think.
    Last edited by QUFan; 01-02-2021, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• QU/UM
    replied
    The low camera was a little rough and the St. Lawrence announcer was so-so. He had no idea about the 3 on 3 OT.

Odeen is really playing well.

Any word on how long Bonjo will be out? I saw one article where Rand said he'll be out for "a bit". But nothing specific.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    After the first period, not a terrible effort from the boys. The SLU goalie was a brick wall, especially during that string of PP's we had. Could have easily been a 5-2 win, but the goalie stole a point for SLU. You feel a lot better about it after the shootout win.

Leave a comment:

• QU/UM
    replied
    Tufto currently leading the nation in assists and points.

Leave a comment:

• BGFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    It absolutely does matter.

Sorry... you, me, nor anybody else (including the refs), knows what his intent was.

No contact = no penalty.

If you want to penalize "intent", the game would never be played.
    From the rule book:
    lbowing penalties may be assessed as minor, major, game misconduct or disqualification penalties, even though physical contact with an opponent may not have occurred. (Example: Excessive roughness.)

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied
    After catching the replay I can’t disagree with the Brind’amour 5 min plus game. 2 cross checks, second was to the head. I do think the tripping causing the injury also deserved a 5 min. If I were AIC today I’d be making sure I was skating with my head up, especially when OC is on the Ice.

I wonder if TJ is ready to return or if we see Winslow or Clifton suit up today. It would be nice to see them get a big lead and rest a few guys. Long road trip for the Home and Home this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied
    Good win, but Bongiovani injury didn’t look good. Hope he’s back soon. Friedman also out last couple. Perhaps Winslow or Clifton gets to dress tomorrow. KP continues to look good, Smilanic is the real deal and Tufto was very Tufto like. Great to see Lee back and playing well. Early game tomorrow in Springfield. Then 18 games against 3 teams the rest of the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X