Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IronRange
    replied
    Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    Is there any hope we get Wyatt Bonjo back this year? His natural goal scoring is going to be crucial once “one and done” comes around. Reminds me of Sam Anas in regards to his finishing skills. Its anyone’s guess at this point. Sadly I’m leaning towards he’s done for the season since he’s been out this long.
    Not sure on Bonjo's recovery time frame. Yet even if back, being out this long will take its toll. Great to seen DeJong and Similanic really escalading their game along with the D core which keeps getting better. Just make the tournament is my mind set.....then anything can happen.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    Is there any hope we get Wyatt Bonjo back this year? His natural goal scoring is going to be crucial once “one and done” comes around. Reminds me of Sam Anas in regards to his finishing skills. Its anyone’s guess at this point. Sadly I’m leaning towards he’s done for the season since he’s been out this long.

Leave a comment:

• IronRange
    replied
    Secondary scoring was big yesterday....If they keep that up they'll be a tough team.

Leave a comment:

• IronRange
    replied
    Big weekend with StLaw, who is showing some serious fight. Have to run it clean.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockey John View Post

They are not using the pairwise this season do to the unique schedules that many leagues have had. Most teams have not played any games outside of their league this season which renders the pairwise useless. It is not clear yet how they will decide the NCAA tournament teams.
    I did not know that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• IronRange
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockey John View Post

They are not using the pairwise this season do to the unique schedules that many leagues have had. Most teams have not played any games outside of their league this season which renders the pairwise useless. It is not clear yet how they will decide the NCAA tournament teams.
    Yea pairwise is irrelevant this year. They are talking about past history, etc. Completely unknown, yet win the conference they can't keep you out.

Leave a comment:

• Hockey John
    replied
    Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

This isn't like college basketball. They use the Pairwise, a mathematical formula, to select NCAA Tournament teams. If we're in position at the end of the year, we'll be in the dance.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Originally posted by IronRange View Post
    Not feeling great about QU's spot in national rankings. Lots of powerhouse programs looking for a bid into the NCAA's. I just don't see how they are going to give the ECAC 2 spots when the conference is 4 teams. Especially with NCHC, Big 10 and even WCHA pushing hard. Add in HE, the funnel gets small. I'm thinking, have to win the conference.
    This isn't like college basketball. They use the Pairwise, a mathematical formula, to select NCAA Tournament teams. If we're in position at the end of the year, we'll be in the dance.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    Originally posted by IronRange View Post
    Not feeling great about QU's spot in national rankings. Lots of powerhouse programs looking for a bid into the NCAA's. I just don't see how they are going to give the ECAC 2 spots when the conference is 4 teams. Especially with NCHC, Big 10 and even WCHA pushing hard. Add in HE, the funnel gets small. I'm thinking, have to win the conference.
    As long as they use the Pairwise and the team is 10-14 range they wont have to win the conference. I think Clarkson and QU are heading to the National tournament. Doesn’t make sense to have Pairwise rankings and not use the rankings for at-large bids.
    Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-02-2021, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IronRange
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Quinnipiac added a game against Long Island this weekend

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Thought's and Observations from Quinnipiac's North Country struggles against Clarkson

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...s-from_27.html

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    Man we’re lacking scoring right now. Petro carrying this team on his back...maybe he’ll come back for a 5th year since NCAA giving an extra year of eligibility...but it is Detroit and they’d want him ASAP I would think. What’s their top 3 goalies in organization look like?

Clarkson got a great transfer in the Ex-Sacred Heart player...he’s been their best player first 2 games of the series. They have 7 NHL draft picks which is a great recruiting job. It must help being close to Canada border.

Watch Chip McDonald’s do tomorrow’s rubber match and kill us AGAIN. As long as he’s not present we have a great chance to take 2/3 again vs Clarkson.
    Losing Bonjo paralyzed this offense. The lines don’t look in sync, but credit to Clarkson for causing havoc in the forecheck. Only 3 SOGs in 3rd/OT. Some bad penalties too. Be nice to get a win tomorrow. KP has been stellar, but can’t expect a Shutout every night.

Guys could probably use the break next week. Though, I wonder if Rand tries to schedule an idle AH team. Bentley is shut down and I think SHU is until February. AF and Army might be open.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    Man we’re lacking scoring right now. Petro carrying this team on his back...maybe he’ll come back for a 5th year since NCAA giving an extra year of eligibility...but it is Detroit and they’d want him ASAP I would think. What’s their top 3 goalies in organization look like?

Clarkson got a great transfer in the Ex-Sacred Heart player...he’s been their best player first 2 games of the series. They have 7 NHL draft picks which is a great recruiting job. It must help being close to Canada border.

Watch Chip McDonald’s do tomorrow’s rubber match and kill us AGAIN. As long as he’s not present we have a great chance to take 2/3 again vs Clarkson.
    Last edited by ICECAT1811; 01-23-2021, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Ever hear the SLU announcer, such a homer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X