Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    can somebody help me, i can't find the game anywhere on tv today ? Mark ?
    espn3

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Can somebody help me, I can't find the game anywhere on tv today ? Mark ?

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    I think we'll see a completely different team than the one from the past 2 games.

Leave a comment:

• IronRange
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    NCAA'S saturday and noone's posting, doesn't seem like much interest here ?
    I am always hesitant to post as I have a kiddo on the team, and not sure how it will be received. I will say the lack of respect we are getting from around the country is crazy to me. I can accept the fact our conference was a bit of a mess, yet that has nothing to do with the team. Also mention that my son coming from the Midwest to Hamden was by far the best decision he ever made. We've had some tough losses and have a very tough bracket ahead, yet if Keith is a brick wall and Bonjo does his thing....Dilly has some mojo going and we always know Tufto is going to go full out, just never know. I know a lot of folks around the country who would love to be rooting for their team right now and are instead looking at next year. The SLU loss left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, hopefully its a motivator for the kids. Regardless, QU is a fantastic program that at least gives all a hope.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    NCAA'S saturday and noone's posting, doesn't seem like much interest here ?

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    One more point on this: I'll take our NCAA Tournament record over the last 8 years against most teams. Two trips to the title game, another regional final ... that's not bad. Show me an ECAC team that has had this level of success over such a long period of time in the NCAA Tournament. Sure, we should have more ECAC Tournament wins, but we have been a very successful NCAA Tournament team, all things considered, over the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post

I don't know. They have a history of struggling in championship games. Its a fact. From the time in the MAAC/Atlantic Hockey to the ECAC with losses in 2007 and last night. The struggles in these championship games can't be overlooked even if we are in the tournament.
    You have to discount a lot of wins in order to arrive at the selectively-chosen losses.

Counterpoint: If you're in lots of title games, you may lose more than you win because (generally) you're facing a really good team. Though they should have beaten Yale in 2013 and SLU this year. But the 2007 loss, they were punching way above their weight, the team was super banged up, and they ran out of gas. They had no business being in that spot that year. North Dakota, they just weren't good enough. Sure you want to talk about the Mercyhurst loss, I can understand that one. But some of those losses can be chalked up to facing a very good team.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

I don't buy into what the student reporter tweeted about their struggles in big games. The Yale loss was an awful loss -- the worst loss in program history. But losing to NoDak in the final? They were the better team. To say that we struggle in big games ... we got to those games. The National Semifinal is a huge game that we had to win to get to the title game. Beating Boston College, or UMD -- those are massive wins for the program.

There have been some bad losses, but let's be honest -- unless we shockingly don't get into the Tournament, this really doesn't qualify as a "big game" choke job. The game was far more important to SLU than it was to Quinnipiac. We're in the tournament, so while we should have won this game tonight, I just don't buy into the idea that this is further proof of poor performance in big games.
    I don't know. They have a history of struggling in championship games. Its a fact. From the time in the MAAC/Atlantic Hockey to the ECAC with losses in 2007 and last night. The struggles in these championship games can't be overlooked even if we are in the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post

The staff has done a tremendous job over the last 7-8 years developing talent and implementing a culture and style of play that’s fun to watch. This approach has resulted in some great seasons which included two stints as #1 in the poll, Two NCAA finals and a #1 overall top seed in the tournament.

Having said that....a new pregame speech for the big game is needed. Something like ...I don’t know “60 minutes to play....a lifetime to remember” Stop using the speech you’ve been using.
    I don't buy into what the student reporter tweeted about their struggles in big games. The Yale loss was an awful loss -- the worst loss in program history. But losing to NoDak in the final? They were the better team. To say that we struggle in big games ... we got to those games. The National Semifinal is a huge game that we had to win to get to the title game. Beating Boston College, or UMD -- those are massive wins for the program.

There have been some bad losses, but let's be honest -- unless we shockingly don't get into the Tournament, this really doesn't qualify as a "big game" choke job. The game was far more important to SLU than it was to Quinnipiac. We're in the tournament, so while we should have won this game tonight, I just don't buy into the idea that this is further proof of poor performance in big games.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Classic case of a team who has to win against a team that wants to win. We did not have the level of intensity required to end a team's season. Good news is that next time, we should have that intensity. Really disappointing performance.
    The staff has done a tremendous job over the last 7-8 years developing talent and implementing a culture and style of play that’s fun to watch. This approach has resulted in some great seasons which included two stints as #1 in the poll, Two NCAA finals and a #1 overall top seed in the tournament.

Having said that....a new pregame speech for the big game is needed. Something like ...I don’t know “60 minutes to play....a lifetime to remember” Stop using the speech you’ve been using.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Classic case of a team who has to win against a team that wants to win. We did not have the level of intensity required to end a team's season. Good news is that next time, we should have that intensity. Really disappointing performance.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    I mean this with no disrespect to you fans but after working in Healthcare and all that I've have been through in the past year plus, I needed this boost. We're ECAC champs! These are crazy times.
    Congrats! You were the better team tonight and took advantage of your opportunities. Good luck in the Big Dance.

Leave a comment:

• Saints17
    replied
    I mean this with no disrespect to you fans but after working in Healthcare and all that I've have been through in the past year plus, I needed this boost. We're ECAC champs! These are crazy times.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    Toughest lost since Yale NCAA final. Proves the statements “ any given night” “games not played on paper”. They better hope teams above them win their conference tournaments but doubt that’s gonna happen. Can’t afford to have another “underdog” team win their conference like UMass-Lowell and Northern Michigan...both solid programs so it wouldn’t be surprise. I wonder what this loss will do to their Pairwise ranking (even though they claim not to be using this “as much” as a normal season. They got Bonjo back, who looked sharp, and Smilanic who left injured last game. If they get an at-large bid they can beat anybody.. and can lose to anybody due to parity in college hockey these days. Just got get a chance!
    Last edited by ICECAT1811; 03-20-2021, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IronRange
    replied
    Zetterquist is the real deal. The boys need to get up early and don't even give Stlaw a sniff of pulling off an upset. Fun days ahead!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X