Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not feeling great about QU's spot in national rankings. Lots of powerhouse programs looking for a bid into the NCAA's. I just don't see how they are going to give the ECAC 2 spots when the conference is 4 teams. Especially with NCHC, Big 10 and even WCHA pushing hard. Add in HE, the funnel gets small. I'm thinking, have to win the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronRange View Post
      Not feeling great about QU's spot in national rankings. Lots of powerhouse programs looking for a bid into the NCAA's. I just don't see how they are going to give the ECAC 2 spots when the conference is 4 teams. Especially with NCHC, Big 10 and even WCHA pushing hard. Add in HE, the funnel gets small. I'm thinking, have to win the conference.
      As long as they use the Pairwise and the team is 10-14 range they wont have to win the conference. I think Clarkson and QU are heading to the National tournament. Doesn’t make sense to have Pairwise rankings and not use the rankings for at-large bids.
      Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-02-2021, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Not feeling great about QU's spot in national rankings. Lots of powerhouse programs looking for a bid into the NCAA's. I just don't see how they are going to give the ECAC 2 spots when the conference is 4 teams. Especially with NCHC, Big 10 and even WCHA pushing hard. Add in HE, the funnel gets small. I'm thinking, have to win the conference.
        This isn't like college basketball. They use the Pairwise, a mathematical formula, to select NCAA Tournament teams. If we're in position at the end of the year, we'll be in the dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

This isn't like college basketball. They use the Pairwise, a mathematical formula, to select NCAA Tournament teams. If we're in position at the end of the year, we'll be in the dance.
          They are not using the pairwise this season do to the unique schedules that many leagues have had. Most teams have not played any games outside of their league this season which renders the pairwise useless. It is not clear yet how they will decide the NCAA tournament teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey John View Post

They are not using the pairwise this season do to the unique schedules that many leagues have had. Most teams have not played any games outside of their league this season which renders the pairwise useless. It is not clear yet how they will decide the NCAA tournament teams.
            Yea pairwise is irrelevant this year. They are talking about past history, etc. Completely unknown, yet win the conference they can't keep you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey John View Post

I did not know that. Thanks.

Comment

• Big weekend with StLaw, who is showing some serious fight. Have to run it clean.

Comment

• Secondary scoring was big yesterday....If they keep that up they'll be a tough team.

Comment

• Is there any hope we get Wyatt Bonjo back this year? His natural goal scoring is going to be crucial once “one and done” comes around. Reminds me of Sam Anas in regards to his finishing skills. Its anyone’s guess at this point. Sadly I’m leaning towards he’s done for the season since he’s been out this long.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
                      Is there any hope we get Wyatt Bonjo back this year? His natural goal scoring is going to be crucial once “one and done” comes around. Reminds me of Sam Anas in regards to his finishing skills. Its anyone’s guess at this point. Sadly I’m leaning towards he’s done for the season since he’s been out this long.
                      Not sure on Bonjo's recovery time frame. Yet even if back, being out this long will take its toll. Great to seen DeJong and Similanic really escalading their game along with the D core which keeps getting better. Just make the tournament is my mind set.....then anything can happen.

Comment

• I don't live in CT, Saw Cuomo is opening up attendance to live events. Will CT follow? Anyone know?

Comment

I don't live in CT, Saw Cuomo is opening up attendance to live events. Will CT follow? Anyone know?
                          Cuomo is only doing it for stadiums/arenas at greater than 10,000 capacity. So even if CT were to follow suit, it likely wouldn't apply to the PUC. And even if it did, Quinnipiac would be under no obligation to open the arena -- and I'd be shocked if they did open it before next season.

Comment

• The Colgate announcer is excellent. He really does his homework. The video guy however is making me dizzy.
                            Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-12-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Nice QU article in CCHN: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ing-to-be-.php

Comment

• Odeen Tufto is absolutely ridiculous. The guy is just on another planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X