Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or #contact

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      Slow start did them in. Gotta play 60 minutes boys! Hope to see a different game tomorrow.

Liked what I saw from Cipollone. And Bochen will be a force.

Corey Clifton hasn't dressed yet either. Pecknold talked about Lee during an intermission video but I wasn't in the room at the time.
      definitely a slow start. I think BGs experience and playing 6 games already played a factor as well. Rand’s teams seem to build and gel over time. BG definitely isn’t SHU.

I’m not sure how much of Corey we’ll see this year. Hearing he’s not as strong a force as his siblings. He was also delayed in his start and now with the extra eligibility year, maybe they try to develop him more before next. Who knows. I think I saw in the post game that BG had 3 goalies dressed, so there must be some reason Fear isn’t, not sure it’s just to give more bench space.

Comment

I was impressed with Bowling Green. They dominated possession and destroyed Quinnipiac on the forecheck. Its been a long time since a team dominated Quinnipiac like that on the ice. Credit to where credit is due and Bowling Green deserved it.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
          I’m not sure how much of Corey we’ll see this year. Hearing he’s not as strong a force as his siblings. He was also delayed in his start and now with the extra eligibility year, maybe they try to develop him more before next.
          I've heard the opposite... that Corey's the best of the 3. I know he's had some injuries over the past couple of seasons, maybe they're just being cautious with him.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

What an abysmal call on the PP that led to the Bowling Green opener. Better effort tonight. Bowling Green is really good, they're definitely better than their ranking.

Insane second goal. Through the defender's legs, ducks under the check, dangles the goalie and scores. Incredible.

Comment

Just when you thought Chip MacDonald couldn’t screw you anymore than he has in the past he does it again. He is absolutely pathetic. As soon as my young son saw he was one of the officials he said “no way can we win now” Why does the ECAC allow this clown to officiate Division 1 college hockey and especially in Hamden where he is never welcome.
              Last edited by ICECAT1811; 12-19-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Stop listening to the announcers and watch the replay. He took an elbow to the chin. It was a good call. From the angle of the replay it was hard to see, especially if you were watching on a small screen, but it was definitely there. Embellishment on Kruse, however, was questionable. Of course that's just my opinion.

Comment

Chip MacDonald IS terrible and has something against Rand and/or Quinnipiac. Home or road, he makes terrible calls against us, and makes terrible calls in general. He's one of those ref's that has to assert himself and let everyone know he's on the ice.

I could go on, but he's not the reason we lost tonight. They played a very good 39 minutes up until BG's first goal. The momentum shift in the 3rd was huge and, credit to BG as they never gave up.

Best player all weekend was Petruzelli but he can't score. As has been said, this team will gel, but right now it's lots of little mistakes, bad passes, wrong turns, etc.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                    Stop listening to the announcers and watch the replay. He took an elbow to the chin. It was a good call. From the angle of the replay it was hard to see, especially if you were watching on a small screen, but it was definitely there. Embellishment on Kruse, however, was questionable. Of course that's just my opinion.
                    Stop telling me what I saw. I don’t need the announcers to tell me that was a horrible call and a great acting job. I’m not watching the game on a 12 inch TV but thanks for your technical explanation of what you saw due to screen size.

This program and its fans are SICK AND TIRED of this pompous and pathetic official who constantly makes horrible calls against QU. The evidence is there Rand and staff, present all the video over the years to the league and demand this clown not be assigned to any more games.

Comment

Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post

Stop telling me what I saw. I don’t need the announcers to tell me that was a horrible call and a great acting job. I’m not watching the game on a 12 inch TV but thanks for your technical explanation of what you saw due to screen size.

This program and its fans are SICK AND TIRED of this pompous and pathetic official who constantly makes horrible calls against QU. The evidence is there Rand and staff, present all the video over the years to the league and demand this clown not be assigned to any more games.
                      I would leave that call out of that presentation. Officials don't have the luxury of video replay to decide penalty or not. In the WCHA, they would have taken 10 minutes to review that hit to see if they could assess a major. And, depending on the players involved, would have. Had no call been made, and BG asked for a review of the hit, there's a likely chance it would have been made a 5 minute major. We've seen that happen many times here in Ohio.

Fact of the matter is he targeted the head, as evidenced by the arm still moving and extending upwards. The replay showed that perfectly. He connects, it's a 5 plus one or two games, and BG's player is out for who knows how long with concussion issues.

Comment

The infraction in question: https://imgur.com/tuRR8qU

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                          The infraction in question: https://imgur.com/tuRR8qU
                          That image does not show contact. The blurriness makes it difficult to tell anything.

To be honest, the original live action replay looked like contact but the lower angle (where that image is from) made it look like there was no or very little contact.

Doesn't really matter... BG was the better team on the weekend. We lost that game early in the 3rd
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

That image does not show contact. The blurriness makes it difficult to tell anything.

To be honest, the original live action replay looked like contact but the lower angle (where that image is from) made it look like there was no or very little contact.

Doesn't really matter... BG was the better team on the weekend. We lost that game early in the 3rd
                            I agree with you that it doesn't show contact, but with how the game has changed you're gonna get called for anything near the head, especially with intent. And the image shows all of that. Maybe it's the differences between refereeing in the east vs. out west, but the BG nation isn't thinking we got a lucky call here. Holding aside your history with that particular ref, as mentioned previously that move (contact or no contact) is an automatic 2 in the WCHA with an extended referee review for a possible major and gate.

It was a fun series, here's hoping you folks make the trip to windswept northwest Ohio in the near future. Roll Along!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

I agree with you that it doesn't show contact, but with how the game has changed you're gonna get called for anything near the head, especially with intent. And the image shows all of that. Maybe it's the differences between refereeing in the east vs. out west, but the BG nation isn't thinking we got a lucky call here. Holding aside your history with that particular ref, as mentioned previously that move (contact or no contact) is an automatic 2 in the WCHA with an extended referee review for a possible major and gate.

It was a fun series, here's hoping you folks make the trip to windswept northwest Ohio in the near future. Roll Along!

There has to be contact in order for there to be a penalty. There was no contact here. You don't get a penalty for intent to elbow, you get a penalty for elbowing. I've never seen a penalty called for a hit or a play where there was no contact.

Comment

Chip MacDonald IS terrible and has something against Rand and/or Quinnipiac. Home or road, he makes terrible calls against us, and makes terrible calls in general. He's one of those ref's that has to assert himself and let everyone know he's on the ice.

I could go on, but he's not the reason we lost tonight. They played a very good 39 minutes up until BG's first goal. The momentum shift in the 3rd was huge and, credit to BG as they never gave up.

Best player all weekend was Petruzelli but he can't score. As has been said, this team will gel, but right now it's lots of little mistakes, bad passes, wrong turns, etc.
                                Was thinking all day that KP was the only reason they were even in the game. QU took some bad penalties and KP had to be sharp both nights to keep them competitive. If they can gel a bit and put a few pucks in the net he’ll steal a few down the road as well.

I’m still excited to see this team develop. The AH games this next week or so are bigger now. I think they need all 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X