Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty quiet in here considering we're 48 hours away from the first game of the season.

I'm going to enjoy every game they play this season, but it's going to be hard to take any results seriously. Especially if we "win" the ECAC. It'll be tough to take a four-team conference result seriously. But I'm glad they're playing!

Frankly for me, results -- even good ones -- won't mean much unless we play in an NCAA Tournament. Because I think it's basically between QU and Clarkson for the conference title, so if we can get to the big dance, then I think we can get some actual information about how good this team actually is.
    Last edited by ZYanksRule; 12-12-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Enjoy your game tonight, better than nothing ! Hope you're doing ok Mark, and all the rest too !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Doing fine Steve! Hope all is well with you...

Excited to see what they got...

Sadly, this will be the first home game at the sports center that I have missed since it opened in 2007. I guess technically my streak continues since no one is allowed, but it still hurts. I'll be screaming from the recliner!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Doing fine Steve! Hope all is well with you...

Excited to see what they got...

Sadly, this will be the first home game at the sports center that I have missed since it opened in 2007. I guess technically my streak continues since no one is allowed, but it still hurts. I'll be screaming from the recliner!
          Your streak absolutely continues. Hope you're waving the flag at home tonight!

Boys looking good tonight, albeit against a clearly inferior opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

Your streak absolutely continues. Hope you're waving the flag at home tonight!

Boys looking good tonight, albeit against a clearly inferior opponent.
            Virtual flag waving tonight!

Not sure SHU was "clearly" inferior, but we were definitely the better team tonight.

Nice start. Good to see scoring from all over. If nothing else, it builds confidence. Everyone looked good. Bochen has lot's of potential. Raisenen was strong. Smilanic didn't really show much but was probably keyed on all night. Odeen was... Odeen. Even Van Ness showed up!

Expect a much different game tomorrow.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good showing last night for the first time out. They definitely spent some of the time off working on skills. Nice puck handling and movement. They are also shooting for spots not just to get on goal. Couple rang off the post/crossbar in the corners of the net. Q was the better team. They need to clean up some of the D work, and turnovers in their own end. KP bailed them out a couple times, and at other times SHU just wasn't good enough to take advantage. Bowling Green or Clarkson will be better at it, especially with more games under their belt. I think the spacing was good and they just missed with a few passes, a little behind or in front, that will get better with more game time. Bochen's goal was actually not a great pass and he made the most of it. All in all, it was a really good first night out. Hopefully they can keep up the energy for tonight after last night's blowout. The big lead gave Rand an opportunity to try some stuff. and even get KP a little rest. I wonder if Fear dresses tonight, and if they blow it open again, if he gets some net time. 8 Games in 15 days is a long stretch and some heavy lifting if KP can't get some rest before ECAC play. Let's Go BOBCATS!

Comment

Much improved defensive effort from Sacred Heart tonight, props to them for cleaning things up so dramatically. They really made it hard on us.

Smilanic has a whole boatload of skill and speed. Had a rough shift in OT, but that's OK. Freshman growing pains. Kid is the real deal. Not a great team performance tonight, but understandable to see the rust so early in the season. Glad to get a win out of it.

Comment

Ugly game but nice to get the win in OT, 3 on 3 style!

All QU in the first but they let SHU hange around in the 2nd and 3rd, allowing the tying goal with just over 2 minutes to go. Almost lost in OT on a breakaway but Petro stoned the shot. Neither team was sharp in OT but being that the 3 on 3 format is new it will take some time.

Big weekend ahead with Bowling Green coming in. Should be a good test to see what we're really made of.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Ugly game but nice to get the win in OT, 3 on 3 style!

All QU in the first but they let SHU hange around in the 2nd and 3rd, allowing the tying goal with just over 2 minutes to go. Almost lost in OT on a breakaway but Petro stoned the shot. Neither team was sharp in OT but being that the 3 on 3 format is new it will take some time.

Big weekend ahead with Bowling Green coming in. Should be a good test to see what we're really made of.
                    SHU made some good adjustments, mainly on the PK and forecheck. They didn’t allow Q to get much space or develop a rhythm. Exploited some of the youth. I assume Cippolone(sp?) is not in the line up due to eligibility? When does he become available? I’d think he would add some depth and would be nice to see prior to ECAC start. I thought, in the past, second semester eligibility started after finals. Anyway, 2-0 going into the weekend is a good spot to be in. A couple days to prep for what looks to be a pretty decent BG team will be good. Would love a sweep but have to think at this time of the year against a good team, we’d have to consider a split to be a relative success. Aside from Clarkson, BG may be the only top 20 team we see this year.

Comment

Thoughts & Observations of Quinnipiac's two game sweep over Sacred Heart

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...innipiacs.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Pretty good test tonight, I'll be watching on ESPN+.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I do not see Jayden Lee on the active roster, but see he is posted on this season's roster...I was very high on that young man, and know he got blasted by a big league hit in the Yale game....wish that kid the very best!! He really stretched things out with his speed....Smilanic will add that dimension and be a star....hope everyone is healthy, stays healthy and gets through this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                            I do not see Jayden Lee on the active roster, but see he is posted on this season's roster...I was very high on that young man, and know he got blasted by a big league hit in the Yale game....wish that kid the very best!! He really stretched things out with his speed....Smilanic will add that dimension and be a star....hope everyone is healthy, stays healthy and gets through this year!!
                            Jayden Lee is healthy and was active with the team. No idea of his current Covid situation or why the coaches make the decisions they do.

Comment

Slow start did them in. Gotta play 60 minutes boys! Hope to see a different game tomorrow.

Liked what I saw from Cipollone. And Bochen will be a force.

Corey Clifton hasn't dressed yet either. Pecknold talked about Lee during an intermission video but I wasn't in the room at the time.

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Slow start did them in. Gotta play 60 minutes boys! Hope to see a different game tomorrow.

Liked what I saw from Cipollone. And Bochen will be a force.

Corey Clifton hasn't dressed yet either. Pecknold talked about Lee during an intermission video but I wasn't in the room at the time.
                                I heard Jaydon is contract tracing as one of his roommates was positive. 6 more days, he's good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X