Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHU had postponed next Tuesday's game at QU due to COVID.

If nothing else, this will turn into a scheduling nightmare.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

have thought for a few years now that Quinnipiac would be the perfect 12 team for hockey east
      This is a perfect time to make that offer. Can easily adjust the very flexible schedule to get them some games this year
      Think it makes most sense for television, regionalization and hockey excellence

Comment

Have Rand give Metcalf a call. ASU has scheduling agreement with Big Ten this year. If QU is committed to playing this year I think Hockey East could make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
          have thought for a few years now that Quinnipiac would be the perfect 12 team for hockey east
          This is a perfect time to make that offer. Can easily adjust the very flexible schedule to get them some games this year
          if it were up to me we'd welcome in the ECAC leftovers for this season. i'm sure the ADs are on the phone.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
            Certainly possible. Colgate issued a statement last night that they are moving forward with men's and women's hockey. The women have a home and home with Syracuse Fri/Sat and the men will host Clarkson on Sunday afternoon. There is no doubt that there'd be some viewer interest in HE/ECAC crossover matches.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

AIC just announced they'll be coming to Hamden on the 24th during to SHU's postponement of games this weekend.

https://aicyellowjackets.com/news/20...vember-24.aspx
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Now that we have a schedule at least for the rest of 2020 and the first game this Tuesday Nov 24th do we know if the game will be either televised or on the radio / internet or are we going to have only the live statistics which are hit or miss as far as reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by turk View Post
                  now that we have a schedule at least for the rest of 2020 and the first game this tuesday nov 24th do we know if the game will be either televised or on the radio / internet or are we going to have only the live statistics which are hit or miss as far as reliability.
                  espn+
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                    espn+
                    just checked ESPN+ and they list all the scheduled games but the LIU game friday. I hope they add it.
                    Last edited by Turk; 11-21-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turk View Post

just checked ESPN+ and they list all the scheduled games but the LIU game friday. I hope they add it.
                      Just subscribed and LIU is also listed !!!

Comment

AIC announced that their games vs Quinn and Sacred Heart (12/1) have been canceled/postponed. Wonder if it is a Connecticut thing as their home games vs Air Force are still on.

Comment

I'm just going to say this:

Soak in and be thankful for every game we get, if we do in fact get any games. This thing is hanging by a thread and could get called off any day.

Comment

I had no insider knowledge last night, but ... as stated. If this team ever actually steps on the ice for a game this season, I'll celebrate every second of it.

https://gobobcats.com/news/2020/11/2...e-changes.aspx

The 2020-21 season opener against AIC at the People's United Center scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 24, has been postponed and rescheduled for Saturday, December 26. In addition, non-conference games for the Bobcats against LIU (Nov. 27) and Clarkson (Nov. 29) have been canceled.

The Quinnipiac Men's Hockey program has paused team activities due to two confirmed positive cases COVID-19 among the team's student-athletes. The health and safety of the Quinnipiac community remains paramount as Quinnipiac Athletics continues to follow university, local, state and national guidelines in response to the global pandemic.

Comment

Its going to be an... interesting... season, if there is one. These cancelations and postponements will be commonplace in college hockey. I'm not sure how any team is going to maintain continuity throughout the season.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

I listened to the CHN podcast yesterday where they interviewed Rand. Good listen if you have the time. According to the interview, he thinks the ECAC schedule is finished and they should be releasing it soon. He's taking a lot of precautions with the team and coaches including changing in different locker rooms and not having all 3 goalies together. Even bus seating and rooming with housemates only, on road trips. Sounded like he eluded to the team getting hit with a few cases after the outbreak on campus.

Side Note, I think Hockey East is playing an exclusively HEA schedule this year. Too bad, Looks like BU is in lockdown and UConn was trying to find a team to play this weekend. If QU wasn't in "QU-arantine", it would have been a good opportunity. I guess the goal is to get as many games in as possible and hope the NCAA Committee Gods look favorably on us. Is it December 14th yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X