Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020-21 season - Can it get any crazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Merry Christmas fellow Bobcat fans!

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Thoughts and Observations from Quinnipiac's midweek sweep of Holy Cross

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ions-from.html

Leave a comment:

• SnowDogFlyer
    replied
    There just does not seem to be any relief on this schedule this season.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

I don't know about that. If I raise my stick high over my head with the intent of crashing it down on some player who i'm mad at and just as I swing down the stick breaks and I don't hit him, that is a penalty. So just sayin...
    Not in the ECAC... unless you play for Quinnipiac and Chip MacDonald is the ref.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    It absolutely does matter.

Sorry... you, me, nor anybody else (including the refs), knows what his intent was.

No contact = no penalty.

If you want to penalize "intent", the game would never be played.
    I don't know about that. If I raise my stick high over my head with the intent of crashing it down on some player who i'm mad at and just as I swing down the stick breaks and I don't hit him, that is a penalty. So just sayin...

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by BGFan View Post
    I does not matter if contact was made or not.
    It absolutely does matter.

His elbow was raised up with the intent to hit the opposing player in the head (a very bad move in today's version of hockey).
    Sorry... you, me, nor anybody else (including the refs), knows what his intent was.

No contact = no penalty.

If you want to penalize "intent", the game would never be played.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Thoughts and Observations of Quinnipiac’s lost weekend against Bowling Green

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ations-of.html

Leave a comment:

• BGFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

We have video reviews in the ECAC, too. No problem with video reviews, and no problem with actual hits being penalized. This wasn't a hit. There was no contact, the BGSU player spun away from the hit, and that's why he fell to the ice.
    I does not matter if contact was made or not. His elbow was raised up with the intent to hit the opposing player in the head (a very bad move in today's version of hockey). That is all that is needed to call the penalty. Other than the announcers I don't recall seeing a lot of arguments on the ice concerning the call.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    As an example of what BG is talking about, during the NMU at MTU game on Friday, NMU's best player hit a Tech player at the blue line from behind. No penalty was called at the time but the refs at the next stoppage went and looked at it and called a 5-minute major. NMU lost him for the rest of the game and went down in OT.
    We have video reviews in the ECAC, too. No problem with video reviews, and no problem with actual hits being penalized. This wasn't a hit. There was no contact, the BGSU player spun away from the hit, and that's why he fell to the ice.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    As an example of what BG is talking about, during the NMU at MTU game on Friday, NMU's best player hit a Tech player at the blue line from behind. No penalty was called at the time but the refs at the next stoppage went and looked at it and called a 5-minute major. NMU lost him for the rest of the game and went down in OT.

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied
    Chip MacDonald IS terrible and has something against Rand and/or Quinnipiac. Home or road, he makes terrible calls against us, and makes terrible calls in general. He's one of those ref's that has to assert himself and let everyone know he's on the ice.

I could go on, but he's not the reason we lost tonight. They played a very good 39 minutes up until BG's first goal. The momentum shift in the 3rd was huge and, credit to BG as they never gave up.

Best player all weekend was Petruzelli but he can't score. As has been said, this team will gel, but right now it's lots of little mistakes, bad passes, wrong turns, etc.
    Was thinking all day that KP was the only reason they were even in the game. QU took some bad penalties and KP had to be sharp both nights to keep them competitive. If they can gel a bit and put a few pucks in the net he’ll steal a few down the road as well.

I’m still excited to see this team develop. The AH games this next week or so are bigger now. I think they need all 4.

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

I agree with you that it doesn't show contact, but with how the game has changed you're gonna get called for anything near the head, especially with intent. And the image shows all of that. Maybe it's the differences between refereeing in the east vs. out west, but the BG nation isn't thinking we got a lucky call here. Holding aside your history with that particular ref, as mentioned previously that move (contact or no contact) is an automatic 2 in the WCHA with an extended referee review for a possible major and gate.

It was a fun series, here's hoping you folks make the trip to windswept northwest Ohio in the near future. Roll Along!

There has to be contact in order for there to be a penalty. There was no contact here. You don't get a penalty for intent to elbow, you get a penalty for elbowing. I've never seen a penalty called for a hit or a play where there was no contact.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    That image does not show contact. The blurriness makes it difficult to tell anything.

To be honest, the original live action replay looked like contact but the lower angle (where that image is from) made it look like there was no or very little contact.

Doesn't really matter... BG was the better team on the weekend. We lost that game early in the 3rd
    I agree with you that it doesn't show contact, but with how the game has changed you're gonna get called for anything near the head, especially with intent. And the image shows all of that. Maybe it's the differences between refereeing in the east vs. out west, but the BG nation isn't thinking we got a lucky call here. Holding aside your history with that particular ref, as mentioned previously that move (contact or no contact) is an automatic 2 in the WCHA with an extended referee review for a possible major and gate.

It was a fun series, here's hoping you folks make the trip to windswept northwest Ohio in the near future. Roll Along!

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    The infraction in question: https://imgur.com/tuRR8qU
    That image does not show contact. The blurriness makes it difficult to tell anything.

To be honest, the original live action replay looked like contact but the lower angle (where that image is from) made it look like there was no or very little contact.

Doesn't really matter... BG was the better team on the weekend. We lost that game early in the 3rd

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    The infraction in question: https://imgur.com/tuRR8qU

Leave a comment:

Working...
X